Global warming!!

Non-County related discussion forum.

Re: Global warming!!

Postby Political Plague » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 am

So much Global Warming.
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Political Plague wrote:So much Global Warming.

Before Max Planck became a physicist that developed the controversial theory that light should be viewed as coming in tiny packets (quanta), as opposed to waves there was no such thing as quantum physics.

Albert Einstein was so enraged that the quantum theory (that later proved the randomness of the universe), he found it “so intolerable that an electron exposed to radiation should choose of it’s own free will, not only it’s moment to jump off, but also its direction”, that he declared, he “would rather be a cobbler or even an employee in a gaming house, than a physicist”. That was toward the end of the 19th century, when Einstein was completely sold on the idea that everything within the universe was ordered, and even the tiniest particle had a ‘hidden reality’.

Einstein continued to reject randomness of the universe until 1905, when he applied Plancks ‘quanta theory’ to photoelectric effect. Einstein postulated that light was indeed made up of quanta (tiny packets of light energy) we now know as photons.

Interestingly in 1921, Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics for his work on the ‘photoelectric effect’, even though the same year he proved the existence of the atom and his theory of relativity (for which he is widely celebrated).

My point is Science itself is not an absolute truth. Science is our best understanding of current data. When quanta was first theorized, Einstein rejected it because of his view of an orderly Universe. It challenged him to prove or disprove the theory. When he was able to make a real application of the existence of quanta, he proved his initial view of an orderly Universe was wrong.

Today research teams are working on quantum computers. The goal is to use qubits (equivalent to a bit in a conventional computer) that holds complex directional information, to represent infinitely long decimal values. This would give computing greatly enhanced capabilities.

Climate change is not about the study weather. It’s the study of the effects of earths atmospheric particles (that make up elements) effect on the earth’s temperature, over a given an measurement we understand as ‘time’.

Climate change is the result of climatologists best understanding of current data. Data that has been measured, studied and quantified for more than a century.

I’m 100% positive I do not understand all of the factors that scientists studying our earth’s climate understand.

I do understand science is our best understanding of current available data. Now that’s good enough for me to accept the conclusion of 98% of scientific community studying the earth’s climate. I accept their interpretation of data that concludes that human activity is rapidly warming our earth.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:49 am

My explination of Climate Change. Global Warming wasn't working because the weather wasn't cooperating with the lefts narrative. So they needed a new term that could be a broad stroke to cover any and all weather conditions, so someone created climate change.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:My explination of Climate Change. Global Warming wasn't working because the weather wasn't cooperating with the lefts narrative. So they needed a new term that could be a broad stroke to cover any and all weather conditions, so someone created climate change.

I guess my explanation of Climate Change would be that it’s Science based, as 98% of climatogy scientist studying it agree our earth is warming, due to the activity of 7+ billion humans inhabiting it.

I guess I prefer Science figuring things out, rather than making shit up.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:23 am

It's because you can't think for yourself. You swallow what the left shoves in your ear and run with it.
Demon Hunter

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:30 pm

This nationwide freeze so fucks up the lefts narrative.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:This nationwide freeze so fucks up the lefts narrative.

The only thing the weather ‘fucks up’ temporarily are the planned day to day activity of humans and animals.

The day to day changes of the weather, and patterns that predict it’s changes, has little to do with Climate Change warming our globe. Other than extreme weather conditions (sweltering or frigid) increasing the demand for more heat or air conditioning, which in turn burns more fossil fuels to produce the energy needed to heat and cool.

The carbon emissions from burning fossil fuels that are released into our atmosphere does immediately pollute it. If that was the only effect, weather patterns would impact it as it has in the past. Unfortunately as more and more carbon is amassed iin the earth’s atmosphere, greater and greater amounts of heat are trapped within those carbon elements. Over time frigid weather conditions become shorter and shorter, while sweltering weather conditions become longer and longer.

Our globe rapidly warming wouldn’t be a bad thing if it didn’t destroy all ecosystems dependent on slow gradual changes of the climate. Ecosystems that support all life as we know it.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:28 pm

I feel dumber after reading that lol
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 am

Political Plague wrote:I feel dumber after reading that lol

NASA produced a model of the globe showing the earths documented surface temperatures from 1880 through 2016. From 1880 until the early 1940’s recorded temperatures shows both increases and decreases in the earth’s surface temperature. Beginning in the 1980’s the earth’s surface temperature has shown a gradual increase in the earth’s surface temperature, with the greatest temperature increases within the last two decades.

The earth has warmed 1 Degree Celsius from 1880 through 2016. 1 Degree Celsius seems very insignificant. Until you consider the earth’s surface temperature has been documented and remained fairly stable for more than 140 years.

All ecosystems are temperature sensitive. A continued increase in the earths surface temperature as little as one or two more Degrees Celsius can and will have a profound effect on crop production and marine habitats. Some crops cannot withstand a steady two degree change in Celsius, increased or decreased during their growth cycle. Warmer temperatures can give pest harmful to crops longer life cycles. Marine habits are just as senstive to rapidly changing increases or decreases in water temperatures. Not to mention weather patterns sustaining lengthy warmer weather periods. Warmer weather producing more cyclones and hurricanes. Shorter and more fridgid cold weather, too short to keep crop eating pest populations sufficiently balanced, but fridgid enough to produce more hearty strains less sensitive to frigid weather.

Scientist studying how the earths climate affects weather conditions over an extended period of time, have concluded industrialization, making possible a quadrupling of the human population (and therefore increasing human activity worldwide) is responsible for increasing the earths surface temperature of 1 Degree Celsius over the past 100 years. With more than half of the increase occurring since 1980, and the hottest days worldwide occurring within the last two decades.

So what does any of this have to do with fossil fuels? Well, fossil fuels spawned industrialization. The carbon elements emitted from industrialization and released into the earth’s atmosphere, are now present in all spheres. As I understand it, these heat trapping elements cannot be released beyond the earths spheres, and are causing an increase in our earths surface temperature more rapidly, from one decade to the next.

PP, if you are able to offer any scientifically based explanation for our planets rising sea water levels, extended warm weather periods and the history’s hottest days on earth recorded within the past two decades, I’m open to consider it.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 am

Look at all this global warming Cate!
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:17 am

Demon Hunter wrote:Look at all this global warming Cate!

DH, it seems you view Climate Change as something a thermostat, connected to an HVAC system can manipulate. I view Climate Change as as force on Weather, that advances in science can impact.

It’s the hardest thing in the world to consciously change one’s perspective. I get that. Yet as we gain experience in life, our perspectives do change, either consciously or unconsciously, right along with our experiences.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Previous

Return to Random Discussion