9.2% Unemployment?

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

9.2% Unemployment?

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 am

I noticed the HDE ran a front page article along with many other news agencies touting a decrease in the number of unemployed. 36,000 jobs were created in January and we are believe that cause a drop of .4%. Here is how they have flubbed the numbers. If you have been out of work long enough they don't count you as unemployed any more. You fall into that category which they consider that you have left the workforce. (Population Adjustment)

The New York Times, and The Washington Post question the numbers.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2011/02/9.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/05/opinion/05herbert.html
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: 9% Unemployment?

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri May 06, 2011 7:40 am

The numbers were released this morning for April and unemployment is still at 9%. I think If I were Obama I would keep the subject on Bin Laden as well.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri May 06, 2011 8:33 am

224,000 jobs created in April. 62,000 of these jobs were created by McDonalds, if not for that the rate would be higher. The number of unemployed 13.7 million.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:08 am

May's numbers have been released. 9.1% unemployment.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:43 am

June's numbers have been released. 9.2% unemployment. Is anyone seeing a trend??? Your President is scheduled to speak about the new rate this morning at 10:35 a.m.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: 9.2% Unemployment?

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:49 am

July 9.1% Unemployment.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:50 am

Jobs created in August 0.
Unemployment 9.1%.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby fairviewcrew » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:58 pm

America is woven of many strands. I would recognize them and let it so remain. Our fate is to become one, and yet many.This is not prophecy, but description.
Ralph Ellison
fairviewcrew

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:21 am

The Federal Government is the only sector that has shown any growth over the last 2 1/2 years which isn't sustainable. The Obama Admin will come up with some sort of spending program to put people back to work which isn't the governments job. Their job is to set a economic climate that helps businesses thrive, and not to set regulations that hurts business.

Happy Labor Day...
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Karen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:11 am

Did the new numbers come out yet?
Karen
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:36 am

Karen wrote:Did the new numbers come out yet?

September 9.1% Unemployment.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:47 am

Well Well Well. Unemployment dropped from 9.1% to 9.0%. That would tally up to around 80,000 jobs. This miracle happened without any government involvement. WITHOUT Obama's Jobs (stimulus) Bill!!!! I know that the White House is disappointed.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Unemployment is staying at 8.5% for the second month in a row. It shows zero growth, and a decrease in economists predictions.The private sector has added 170,000 jobs in January. That is 15,000 less than economists predicted. It's very easy to see why the unemployment rate has went from 9.2% to 8.5% is basically because of Alabama and their anti-illegal alien legislation. Alabama has added 41,000 jobs since September. Below is a breakdown of the drop in their unemployment rates. I might add that Alabama's decrease in unemployed is tops in the nation. December marked Alabama's sixth-straight monthly jobless-rate decline since hitting an 18-month high of 10 percent in June

September 9.8%
October 9.3%
November 8.7%
December 8.1%

In a three month time table Alabama has moved from 42nd on the worst unemployment state to the 28th.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/01/us-usa-economy-idUSTRE7BM0AB20120201?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=71&google_editors_picks=true

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2012/01/alabamas_unemployment_rate_dec.html
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 am

The Congressional Budget Office lists the true unemployment rate at 15%. The last three years is the longest stretch of high unemployment since the Great Depression.

New CBO Report Decimates 'Obamanomics': Real Unemployment Hits 15%

http://nation.foxnews.com/unemployment/2012/02/16/new-cbo-report-decimates-obamanomics-real-unemployment-hits-15
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby DarkFairy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:03 am

I read somewhere today that they passed the Bill to shorten the length someone can draw unemployment and added stricter job hunting guidelines and it cuts the SS tax by 2%, I believe it was. There were some other things also but I can't remember them all. Did you read about it or did I misunderstand what I read? I tend to do that when they start spouting off percentages and those "What If's" and there was a lot of "IF's" in the article.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Next

Return to General Politics (Links Only)