Keystone XL bill gets 44 senators on board

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: Keystone XL bill gets 44 senators on board

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:21 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:Private businesses should be free to act in ways they deem profitable free of government interference. Cate do you not realize that import the majority of our oil from Canada? I think that is something you seem to be missing.

We import more than twice the amount of oil from Canada than Saudi Arabia. The problem I have is not with Canada's oil imports to the US, but with the sand tar imports. It's the dirtiest crude oil found. It wouldn't even be profitable to refine, except for it's byproduct, Petcoke. One of the dirtiest, if not the dirtiest of solid fuels. The same product that has created far less demand for high BTU metallurgical coal under your feet.

You're free to support private businesses to be free to act in ways they deem profitable free of government interference. But you are not free to abate government regulations to protect those that depend on regulations that protect their health and economies. That sort of thing is done in Dictatorships, not Democracy's.

After review, it seems I answered your question. And now I have a few for you; Do you realize an expansion of the Panama Canal is expected to be completed in the next year or two? And that the expansion is expected to increase maritime traffic from The Gulf of Mexico to Asia significantly? Do you subscribe to the basic economic theory of "supply and demand"? If so, what do you think will happen to the price of imported Canadian oil to the USA when the Canadians are able to roll that oil via pipeline across US soil to the Gulf of Mexico for access to Indonesian and Asian markets? Will worldwide access to Canadian oil increase or decrease the price of oil in the USA? Will Petcoke accelerate or further depress the demand for high grade metallurgical coal, as found in Appalachia?

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 pm

They could have used a different term other than a pause in the warming. That's not a very credible excuse.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Legion wrote:They could have used a different term other than a pause in the warming. That's not a very credible excuse.

Wrong thread maybe?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:51 pm

She gets lost easily lol.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:33 pm

5 votes short of overriding the Presidential Veto.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Once Cate and Clarks favorite country Iran can legally sell oil we won't need the pipeline.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:22 am

Demon Hunter wrote:Once Cate and Clarks favorite country Iran can legally sell oil we won't need the pipeline.

Russia has a 20 Billion $ contract with Iran for their oil. I'm pretty sure China can use all the Iranian oil Russia can export to it. They're using upwards of 11 million barrels a day. The biggest exporter of oil to China is Saudi Arabia at about 20%. Iraq, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Angola, Venezuela and Russia all supply Chinas oil.

Canada supplies over half of the imported of oil used here in the U.S.A. The bulk of the rest of imported oil comes from the Saudi's. The U.S.A uses around 19 million barrels of oil daily. Crude oil produced in the U.S.A, can now be exported once it its stripped of its natural liquid gases.

Now riddle me this Einstein; which country will see a price increase in oil once the Keystone Pipeline is finished and Canaduan oil is loaded at the Gulf, goes thru the expanded Panama Canal and makes its way to the China and Indonesian markets? China or the U.S.A? Which country will be able to take advantage of the world markets increasing demand for oil, Canada or the U.S.A?

I would appreciate it very much if you would simply answer my questions. Absent any snark you may have formulated listening to "talking heads" making big money spoon feeding you sound bites. Sound bites that may appear "educated", but have no basis in the facts.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:Once Cate and Clarks favorite country Iran can legally sell oil we won't need the pipeline.

Russia has a 20 Billion $ contract with Iran for their oil. I'm pretty sure China can use all the Iranian oil Russia can export to it. They're using upwards of 11 million barrels a day. The biggest exporter of oil to China is Saudi Arabia at about 20%. Iraq, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Angola, Venezuela and Russia all supply Chinas oil.

Canada supplies over half of the imported of oil used here in the U.S.A. The bulk of the rest of imported oil comes from the Saudi's. The U.S.A uses around 19 million barrels of oil daily. Crude oil produced in the U.S.A, can now be exported once it its stripped of its natural liquid gases.

Now riddle me this Einstein; which country will see a price increase in oil once the Keystone Pipeline is finished and Canaduan oil is loaded at the Gulf, goes thru the expanded Panama Canal and makes its way to the China and Indonesian markets? China or the U.S.A? Which country will be able to take advantage of the world markets increasing demand for oil, Canada or the U.S.A?

I would appreciate it very much if you would simply answer my questions. Absent any snark you may have formulated listening to "talking heads" making big money spoon feeding you sound bites. Sound bites that may appear "educated", but have no basis in the facts.

All them sanctions we got on em are really kicking their asses...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

All them sanctions we got on em are really kicking their asses...

I really wish you knew anything at all about what you speak of. Iran's currency has steadily tanked since Sanctions were impletemented. It's inflation rate steadily increased at about 30% annually, since they their currency reserves were depleted. They can no longer infuse currency to abate inflation. Iran has about 100 BILLION in currency frozen by sanctions. If the sanctions are lifted, and they are able to get at that currency they will still face spiked inflation until they hit the magic formula as to how much currency to infuse and when to implement tightening.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... ue.html%23

As I said before, Iran is at the negotiation table in hopes of working out a deal that will take the internal pressure off that the sanctions have imposed. Contrary to what the fanatical Mullahs want, the Iranian people will eventually choose to eat before fighting, At the moment everything they are able to import, such as cargo trucks, medical equipment, etc. is programmed to lock down by technical command from those supplying those goods. A trucking company misses its payment, the truck shuts down and can't be restarted except by computer command controlled by the supplier. A hospital misses a payment on it's MRI....ditto. The sanctions have and are working. It's all about the money. They have it and can't use it with the sanctions in place. They're caught by the short hairs. It's just a matter of time as to when they scream Uncle.

Stop listening to mainstream news and start thinking on your own. God gave you a brain intended for something other than a hat rack.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

If sanctions were working Iran wouldn't have barred nuclear inspectors from inspecting.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Gopher wrote:If sanctions were working Iran wouldn't have barred nuclear inspectors from inspecting.

If sanctions worked, Cuba would have surrendered in 1963...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Demon Hunter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Gopher wrote:If sanctions were working Iran wouldn't have barred nuclear inspectors from inspecting.

If sanctions worked, Cuba would have surrendered in 1963...

That's a BAM moment!
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Neither of you are sane.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:23 am

The Koch Brothers have now committed to spending a billion dollars to assist the Republican Party's far right in electing their POTUS. Wow!!! They really want that Keystone Pipeline!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

The video embedded in the link shows the Tea Party candidates taking about "income inequality" & "the top 1%" exploding in profits while wages remain depressed.

Senators Elizabeth Warren (D) & Bernie Sanders (I) have been pounding these issues since they have held Congressional Offices. And Are popular with Independents, Democrats and even Republicans! Sanders has served Congress since 1990, and is now serving his second term in the US Senate. Warren serving her first Senate term.

Isn't it ironic how these Tea Party candidates have the gall to grab the popular sentiment?

Ted Cruz is a lawyer and government official. He has no business background and has never done anything for American businesses. Yet he wants voters to believe he has a handle on the economy.

Where's the Rand Paul, that said "raising minimum wage would hurt minorities and young job prospects".

Scott Walker opposes raising the minimum wage saying America should be training for higher paying jobs. What jobs? And who pays for the training and creating them?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:34 pm

I didn't mention Rick Scott as it seems internal political pressures within his Adminstration could eliminate him from the roster.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/edi ... story.html

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

PreviousNext

Return to General Politics (Links Only)