State Rep Debate 84th & 87th Districts: Results

General discussion about local politics.

Re: State Representative Debate 84th & 87th Districts

Postby clark bailey » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:36 pm

If you have a long enough attention span you can watch the debate, you can see and hear Fitz Steele admit he made the vote a procedural vote on the funding of Planned Parenthood. You may not believe me, and I frankly don't care, but if you believe your eyes and ears you can hear it for yourself.

I like you, but in your religion or prgressivism the holy sacrament is abortion on demand and I know you defend it no matter what. It's your right, but I'm going to go on pointing out how wrong you are.
clark bailey

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:11 am

clark bailey wrote:If you have a long enough attention span you can watch the debate, you can see and hear Fitz Steele admit he made the vote a procedural vote on the funding of Planned Parenthood. You may not believe me, and I frankly don't care, but if you believe your eyes and ears you can hear it for yourself.

I like you, but in your religion or prgressivism the holy sacrament is abortion on demand and I know you defend it no matter what. It's your right, but I'm going to go on pointing out how wrong you are.

My attention span is fine.

I asked the question of you because I wanted you to clarify, rather than me, the type of vote Fitz cast. His vote was not a yea or nay vote to fund plan parenthood but rather as you clarified, a procedural vote.

A procedural vote can postpone or expedite an item for a vote, limit a speaker's time, set an agenda, etc. . They are usually individual and are made to clear up something in agenda's housekeeping. They are not votes for or against specific issues.

Twisting a procedural vote into making it appear a straight up and down vote to support or oppose an issue is a dirty political tactic exercised to muddy issues, and mislead the uninformed.

Tactics when exposed, are usually deplored by the majority.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:44 am

BTW Clark, i can appreciate your right to hold and express an anti-abortion view. In a oerfect world no woman alive would ever consider choosing abortion. But that's not the world we live in.

Women have the right to choose whether or not to conceive and bear children. Some choose not to bear a child, even though they have done nothing to prevent its conception. For others, it's not a matter of using abortion as a means of birth control, but as a means of resolving the question of unexpected motherhood they are completely unable or unfit to handle. And yet for others it's a choice life or death they make for themselves. There's nothing I, or anyone else can do to about the decision a woman makes to terminate a pregenancy. If this is a woman's choice, she will make this choice whether or not the law sanctions it or not.

I find more reason to support a woman's legal choice than not. Firstly, abortion is a right given to a citizen of the U.S. by virtue of our Constitution's Due Process clause. It's cruel and inhumane to legally bind a woman that is unable and unfit for motherhood to it. Our laws remove children from mothers that are legally unable or unfit for motherhood. It's hypocritical to support laws that remove children from mothers of this circumstance, yet demand laws that would prevent the circumstance. Lastly, making criminals out of women that would choose abortion if it was not legal, violates our Constitution's equal protection under the law given by it's 14th Amendment.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:28 am

Three mailers from Chris Fugate in a little over a week's time. Someone with money has to be backing him because that's not cheap.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Political Plague » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:53 pm

Why don't Troopers just ride off into the sunset?
Political Plague

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:BTW Clark, i can appreciate your right to hold and express an anti-abortion view. In a oerfect world no woman alive would ever consider choosing abortion. But that's not the world we live in.

Women have the right to choose whether or not to conceive and bear children. Some choose not to bear a child, even though they have done nothing to prevent its conception. For others, it's not a matter of using abortion as a means of birth control, but as a means of resolving the question of unexpected motherhood they are completely unable or unfit to handle. And yet for others it's a choice life or death they make for themselves. There's nothing I, or anyone else can do to about the decision a woman makes to terminate a pregenancy. If this is a woman's choice, she will make this choice whether or not the law sanctions it or not.

I find more reason to support a woman's legal choice than not. Firstly, abortion is a right given to a citizen of the U.S. by virtue of our Constitution's Due Process clause. It's cruel and inhumane to legally bind a woman that is unable and unfit for motherhood to it. Our laws remove children from mothers that are legally unable or unfit for motherhood. It's hypocritical to support laws that remove children from mothers of this circumstance, yet demand laws that would prevent the circumstance. Lastly, making criminals out of women that would choose abortion if it was not legal, violates our Constitution's equal protection under the law given by it's 14th Amendment.

Well I can see now that you don't know the first damned thing about abortion or the constitution either... You seem to be an expert in absolutely nothing...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:17 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:BTW Clark, i can appreciate your right to hold and express an anti-abortion view. In a oerfect world no woman alive would ever consider choosing abortion. But that's not the world we live in.

Well I can see now that you don't know the first damned thing about abortion or the constitution either... You seem to be an expert in absolutely nothing...

So says the Whiteguy.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GoDan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:29 am

Chad Shannon posted a video of state road in Bell County on facebook. I have been through that area and I know it's been that way for months.
GoDan

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:46 pm

You two lol.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Cornbread » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Who has debate details?
Cornbread
Django

Postby Pappy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:27 pm

Cornbread wrote:Who has debate details?

Crissy and maid.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby upallnight » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:56 am

Democrats sent Rick $18,000 to try to win this election.
upallnight

Postby Political Plague » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Rick Nelson files Bullshit Legislation

http://kydem.blogspot.com/2010/12/rick- ... n.html?m=1
Political Plague

Postby VoteMout » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:59 am

More bullshit from the cowardly lion. Rick is like the rest of them. He can't or isn't allowed to vote on what's best for us. He has to vote the way Stumbo says. Democrats vote with Stumbo 99% of the time. That isn't a number I made up either. 99% is the actual number.
VoteMout

Postby goat47 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:56 am

It is election time. I saw blacktop heading towards Cumberland.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Politics