District Judge Race: Results

General discussion about local politics.

Re: District Judge Race: Results

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:12 am

For the most part this was a very clean race.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:16 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:For the most part this was a very clean race.

So when your candidate wins it's clean, no vote buying no election rigging, roght? But if they lose....well that's a different story isn't it?

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Mermaid » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:12 am

Where did he say that Scott was his candidate? Cate, you're still raw because Trump won. And what does it matter to you who the district judge here is... smh. :roll:
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:37 am

Mermaid wrote:Where did he say that Scott was his candidate? Cate, you're still raw because Trump won. And what does it matter to you who the district judge here is... smh. :roll:

It doesn't matter to me. The fact that the party wonks yell unfair, rigged, fraudulent, etc. when their candidate loses doesn't matter either.

I've been a poll watcher several times. I know our election process is complicated, but extraordinarily fair. I know the precautions taken to keep the process fair. Voter fraud is extremely minimal. That's not to say that elections can't be thrown. It only reiterates that they aren't thrown by voter fraud. You didn't hear that in this election, right? You heard the opposite. What you heard from me is that the election process was not rigged. That the super delegate electoral vote is a legitimate part of the process,

All the crying about the Primary election being rigged, and Trump's expressed fear that the general election would be rigged shows implicitly how wrong and deceived the American public that elected Trump is. Not only are they wrong and deceived by this propaganda, all of the propaganda they believed will be exposed for what it is in the next few years.

All and all that's a very good thing. When you don't get what you want, the one thing you do get is experience.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:53 am

Ive not seen GFunk post his local political picks.
Political Plague

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:20 pm

GFunk doesn't openly support any local candidate.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Mermaid » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Mermaid wrote:Where did he say that Scott was his candidate? Cate, you're still raw because Trump won. And what does it matter to you who the district judge here is... smh. :roll:

It doesn't matter to me. The fact that the party wonks yell unfair, rigged, fraudulent, etc. when their candidate loses doesn't matter either.

I've been a poll watcher several times. I know our election process is complicated, but extraordinarily fair. I know the precautions taken to keep the process fair. Voter fraud is extremely minimal. That's not to say that elections can't be thrown. It only reiterates that they aren't thrown by voter fraud. You didn't hear that in this election, right? You heard the opposite. What you heard from me is that the election process was not rigged. That the super delegate electoral vote is a legitimate part of the process,

All the crying about the Primary election being rigged, and Trump's expressed fear that the general election would be rigged shows implicitly how wrong and deceived the American public that elected Trump is. Not only are they wrong and deceived by this propaganda, all of the propaganda they believed will be exposed for what it is in the next few years.

All and all that's a very good thing. When you don't get what you want, the one thing you do get is experience.

Well, I'm just saying. Just because your raw don't mean you can be an asshole to him over something as unrelated to you as the Harlan County District Judge race. Just deal with it. That's all you can really do.
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Mermaid wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

Well, I'm just saying. Just because your raw don't mean you can be an asshole to him over something as unrelated to you as the Harlan County District Judge race. Just deal with it. That's all you can really do.

I'm not being an asshole to G. I'm not raw about anything. I don't even feel bad. I had hoped that we were better than what we, as a majority have proven to be. A people that will vote for a man to lead them that is a traitor to his country. An overt mysogynist that sees women only as sex objects. A greedy man that refuses to support his country in any way. A man that has never held a government post or even served in our military. A man that prides himself in not contributing his fair share of tax, and his use of the justice system to bilk the working man to grow his personal wealth? A man that brags to a crowd of thousands that he could shoot somebody and still get elected. I could go on, but I know you get my point.

Furthermore, I haven't and won't lose anything from any election result, local or national. I'm not poor working class. I don't have a mortgage, i have zeo debt, no chlidren or grandchildren to educate. No children that aren't well established and financially secure. I'm not a woman of child bearing age, financially or in any other way dependent on anyone. Of all the people I know, I have the very least...nothing, to lose.

There's a good many that when channeled their anger and frustration to a vote for Trump, voted against their own self interest. Those are the ones that have the most to lose. I won't need to explain how this will take place. It will become more evident as time marches on.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Mermaid » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:48 pm

We will see Cate. But I can't wait to say "We told you so." :)
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby VoteMout » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:22 pm

I considered Lee part of the establishment so I voted for Scott.
VoteMout

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:53 pm

Mermaid wrote:We will see Cate. But I can't wait to say "We told you so." :)

You would not believe how much I want to be wrong.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:For the most part this was a very clean race.

So when your candidate wins it's clean, no vote buying no election rigging, roght? But if they lose....well that's a different story isn't it?

Funk isn't an idiot jumping on here and tell how he votes I wouldn't either if I lived in Harlan not healthy.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby upallnight » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:55 am

He's smarter than he looks lol.
upallnight

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:22 pm

upallnight wrote:He's smarter than he looks lol.

He'd have to be...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby PharmGirl » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:19 am

Scott out worked Lee.
PharmGirl

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Politics