Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

General discussion about local politics.

Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Mtn_girl74 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 am

The Fancy Farm Picnic is August 1, 2015. This will make my 3rd year in a row at this event. It is a lot like the Poke, except BBQ mutton, pork, and chicken are the culinary fare. There will be lots of yelling, smack talking, cheering, and jeering. I have copied a link to WPSD's story on this year's picnic. You can also check out fancyfarm.net or fancyfarm.org for more information.

As much fun as it is to attend, it would be infinitely more fun if there were more Harlan County folks there!!!!!

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/2961587 ... arm-picnic
Mtn_girl74
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:26 am

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:23 am

It sounds like a fun event, but I don't think it has a bearing on the elections. Last year Grimes was a hit at the farm, but lost terribly to McConnell.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20920
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby upallnight » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:23 am

If it's like the Poke Sallet festival it's to fancy for me.
upallnight
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Pappy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:53 am

upallnight wrote:If it's like the Poke Sallet festival it's to fancy for me.

sounds like a Sissy event to me
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6843
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:30 am

Maybe Jack Conway will wear a dress.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20920
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Pappy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:06 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Maybe Jack Conway will wear a dress.

He would fit right in with McConnell.You wearing yours this year? :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6843
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby goat47 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:29 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Maybe Jack Conway will wear a dress.


Rumors have always swirled regarding Jack being light in his high healed loafers.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Legion » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Mtn_girl74 wrote:The Fancy Farm Picnic is August 1, 2015. This will make my 3rd year in a row at this event. It is a lot like the Poke, except BBQ mutton, pork, and chicken are the culinary fare. There will be lots of yelling, smack talking, cheering, and jeering. I have copied a link to WPSD's story on this year's picnic. You can also check out fancyfarm.net or fancyfarm.org for more information.

As much fun as it is to attend, it would be infinitely more fun if there were more Harlan County folks there!!!!!

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/2961587 ... arm-picnic


I think it would be a fun event.
Legion
Always A Bride
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Mtn_girl74 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Pappy wrote:
upallnight wrote:If it's like the Poke Sallet festival it's to fancy for me.

sounds like a Sissy event to me


:cry: Not a Sissy event. I'm offended! LOL It is the way the folk from the western end of the state host a debate...While the pork chops are up on stage talking about all the pork funding, some little pork chitlins are yelling and screaming, while the real Bacon is eating pulled pork and playing Bingo!

I had a good time, and I am a vegetarian! (for health reasons, not for animal rights reasons. I can shoot a deer with the best of them! I'm a killer, not an eater!)
Mtn_girl74
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:26 am

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Mtn_girl74 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Mtn_girl74 wrote:
Pappy wrote:
upallnight wrote:If it's like the Poke Sallet festival it's to fancy for me.

sounds like a Sissy event to me


:cry: Not a Sissy event. I'm offended! LOL It is the way the folk from the western end of the state host a debate...While the pork chops are up on stage talking about all the pork funding, some little pork chitlins are yelling and screaming, while the real Bacon is eating pulled pork and playing Bingo!

I had a good time, and I am a vegetarian! (for health reasons, not for animal rights reasons. I can shoot a deer with the best of them! I'm a killer, not an eater!)


...and, last year I won a hand vacuum playing Bingo! LOL (insert off color comments here) This year I hope I win the George Forman grill. HAHAHA
Mtn_girl74
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:26 am

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Mtn_girl74 wrote:
I had a good time, and I am a vegetarian! (for health reasons, not for animal rights reasons. I can shoot a deer with the best of them! I'm a killer, not an eater!)


If the Hindu's are right, I hope you reincarnate a deer.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10018
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Pappy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Mtn_girl74 wrote:
Pappy wrote:
upallnight wrote:If it's like the Poke Sallet festival it's to fancy for me.

sounds like a Sissy event to me


:cry: Not a Sissy event. I'm offended! LOL It is the way the folk from the western end of the state host a debate...While the pork chops are up on stage talking about all the pork funding, some little pork chitlins are yelling and screaming, while the real Bacon is eating pulled pork and playing Bingo!

I had a good time, and I am a vegetarian! (for health reasons, not for animal rights reasons. I can shoot a deer with the best of them! I'm a killer, not an eater!)

Sounds like a lot of Porking going on. :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6843
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Mtn_girl74 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Mtn_girl74 wrote:
I had a good time, and I am a vegetarian! (for health reasons, not for animal rights reasons. I can shoot a deer with the best of them! I'm a killer, not an eater!)


If the Hindu's are right, I hope you reincarnate a deer.


Let me clarify... I don't eat deer, but I give it to someone who does. I don't kill for sport. I just like to hunt, and I have never had anyone refuse to take the free meat. I am really a nice girl. I certainly am not Hindu either though. Lol. God doesn't do reincarnation fortunately. I know a lot of people who would come back as dog doodoo!
Mtn_girl74
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:26 am

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Mtn_girl74 wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
Mtn_girl74 wrote:
I had a good time, and I am a vegetarian! (for health reasons, not for animal rights reasons. I can shoot a deer with the best of them! I'm a killer, not an eater!)


If the Hindu's are right, I hope you reincarnate a deer.


Let me clarify... I don't eat deer, but I give it to someone who does. I don't kill for sport. I just like to hunt, and I have never had anyone refuse to take the free meat. I am really a nice girl. I certainly am not Hindu either though. Lol. God doesn't do reincarnation fortunately. I know a lot of people who would come back as dog doodoo!


I'm not a vegan. Tried it and got sick. Had to go back to including meat. I don't object to hunting for game. Only for sport.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10018
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Fancy Farm Picnic 2015

Postby Pappy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:52 pm

Mtn_girl74 wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
Mtn_girl74 wrote:
I had a good time, and I am a vegetarian! (for health reasons, not for animal rights reasons. I can shoot a deer with the best of them! I'm a killer, not an eater!)


If the Hindu's are right, I hope you reincarnate a deer.


Let me clarify... I don't eat deer, but I give it to someone who does. I don't kill for sport. I just like to hunt, and I have never had anyone refuse to take the free meat. I am really a nice girl. I certainly am not Hindu either though. Lol. God doesn't do reincarnation fortunately. I know a lot of people who would come back as dog doodoo!

Im game fer sum free Meat but my Untensil isn't. :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6843
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Next

Return to Harlan County Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest