KFTC Meet The Candidate in Harlan

General discussion about local politics.

Re: KFTC Meet The Candidate in Harlan

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Wonder who's next?
Cornbread
Django

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:15 am

I'm sure they will break out their Doc Martins and, flannel shirts, and find another industry to help destroy.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby upallnight » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:02 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I'm sure they will break out their Doc Martins and, flannel shirts, and find another industry to help destroy.

Are you saying they dress like lumberjacks lol?
upallnight

Postby Briscoe » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:05 am

upallnight wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I'm sure they will break out their Doc Martins and, flannel shirts, and find another industry to help destroy.

Are you saying they dress like lumberjacks lol?

only the lesbian members. lol
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby GoDan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:14 pm

They only oppose mountain top removal.
GoDan

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:50 pm

GoDan wrote:They only oppose mountain top removal.

Me too. Emphatically!

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Jasmine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:34 pm

GoDan wrote:They only oppose mountain top removal.

You must not know them. They oppose coal mining and supported OBama in bankrupting the coal industry. That ain't all they supported either.
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby upallnight » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:37 am

Guns will be their next target. According to FBI stats Kentucky runs more background checks than any other state.
upallnight

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:26 pm

Okay this is for you stupid fuckers, one more time... There is no such thing as "mountain top removal"!!!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:Okay this is for you stupid fuckers, one more time... There is no such thing as "mountain top removal"!!!

You don't get out much, do you Whiteguy?

http://mountainroadshow.com/gallery/index.html

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Cate's reads too many Sierra Club news letters. She'd believe those idiots long before she believes someone who has done the work.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ScArEcRoW » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:44 am

Can you imagine what their news letters reads like? Make a person believe they were digging coal with orphaned puppies.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:24 am

Gurt B Frobe wrote:Cate's reads too many Sierra Club news letters. She'd believe those idiots long before she believes someone who has done the work.

This is strange. I post a link with photo's of mountain top removal (that Whiteguy proclaims doesn't exist), an you respond with some nonsense about believing someone that has 'done the work'. What work? The removal of mountain tops to uncover and extract coal seams?

This issue has nothing to do with anything but the destruction of mountain terrains and their biodiversity. I understand people need and want to work, and coal has provided that work for more than a century. During this time people dependent on that work went through times of booms and bust. Politically persuaded to focus on making it from one bust to the next, nothing else.

Late in the last century, a tax was imposed that if managed correctly, would have prepared comunnities for he eventual loss of their means to a living. It wasn't managed correctly. It went to elect polititians committed to build all parts of the state, except where it was intended and needed most, the mountains. Unfortunately, mountain people are living with the consequences of letting charlatan politicians rob them from day one. Denying this fact and the damage the myopic pursuit of making a living all cost, ignoring politics that would have changed that course is what brought the mountain communities to where they are today.

I don't believe doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different is anything but insane.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:25 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Gurt B Frobe wrote:Cate's reads too many Sierra Club news letters. She'd believe those idiots long before she believes someone who has done the work.

This is strange. I post a link with photo's of mountain top removal (that Whiteguy proclaims doesn't exist), an you respond with some nonsense about believing someone that has 'done the work'. What work? The removal of mountain tops to uncover and extract coal seams?

This issue has nothing to do with anything but the destruction of mountain terrains and their biodiversity. I understand people need and want to work, and coal has provided that work for more than a century. During this time people dependent on that work went through times of booms and bust. Politically persuaded to focus on making it from one bust to the next, nothing else.

Late in the last century, a tax was imposed that if managed correctly, would have prepared comunnities for he eventual loss of their means to a living. It wasn't managed correctly. It went to elect polititians committed to build all parts of the state, except where it was intended and needed most, the mountains. Unfortunately, mountain people are living with the consequences of letting charlatan politicians rob them from day one. Denying this fact and the damage the myopic pursuit of making a living all cost, ignoring politics that would have changed that course is what brought the mountain communities to where they are today.

I don't believe doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different is anything but insane.

People working in coal, dumby. Something you know nothing about because if you did you wouldn't be making such dumbass statements. All your succeeding in doing spewing your rhetoric is giving a lot of people something to laugh about.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:41 am

Gurt B Frobe wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

People working in coal, dumby. Something you know nothing about because if you did you wouldn't be making such dumbass statements. All your succeeding in doing spewing your rhetoric is giving a lot of people something to laugh about.

Yes 'people working in coal'. An industry that my family of four generations has worked in. Both underground and surface miners. Some extracting coal from the land they owned that didn't sell their mineral rights, others that worked for companies that did own their mineral rights given to them by the Broad Form Deed.

Refusing to acknowledge the truth of the matter of exactly what the election and re-election of charlatan politicians controlled by the coal industry, has done to the demise of the mountains and it's people isn't laughable, it's pitiful.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Politics