Meet The Candidate: Oct 28 5:30-7:30 pm

General discussion about local politics.

Re: Meet The Candidate: Oct 28 5:30-7:30 pm

Postby Briscoe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:It was sickening watching the politicians giving out candy downtown on Halloween.

Vote Buying!

they did it with pork skins a few years ago in big stone va.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Rip Torn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Today is the city of Cumberland's employees too. Gift cards. ;)
Rip Torn

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Briscoe wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:It was sickening watching the politicians giving out candy downtown on Halloween.

Vote Buying!

they did it with pork skins a few years ago in big stone va.

Appalachia...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby goat47 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:08 pm

What did Dan say about Hal Rogers that has People upset?
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:29 am

goat47 wrote:What did Dan say about Hal Rogers that has People upset?

That's a million dollar question. I have never heard if he actually did, or what was said.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:35 am

In my opinion, Paul or Dan needs to take directions from Hal Rogers and move our county in the same way he has the Pulaski area!
Everyone talks about how great Somerset is. Somerset doesn't hand out their Coal Severance money to every Tom, Dick, & Harry. They use their money wisely while we use it as payback favors!! Most politicians butchered Martha Layne Collins when she gave Toyota such a sweet deal to open a plant in KY. I thank God for it, because we now have coal miners from Harlan Co. working there! Elected officials need to use these practices as examples so that our county will strive as theirs has! Instead of handing the money to "Greasy Pond" fire dept.! :x
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Briscoe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:42 am

Unbridled Spirit wrote:In my opinion, Dan or who ever is elected needs to take directions from Hal Rogers and move our county in the same way he has the Pulaski area!
Everyone talks about how great Somerset is. Somerset dosen't hand out their Coal Severance money to every Tom, Dick, & Harry. They use their money wisely while we use it as payback favors!!

this wont be no sommerset if dan gets elected. they say hal don't just dislike dan ,but hates his fricking guts.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby ScArEcRoW » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:01 am

Unbridled Spirit wrote:In my opinion, Paul or Dan needs to take directions from Hal Rogers and move our county in the same way he has the Pulaski area!
Everyone talks about how great Somerset is. Somerset doesn't hand out their Coal Severance money to every Tom, Dick, & Harry. They use their money wisely while we use it as payback favors!! Most politicians butchered Martha Layne Collins when she gave Toyota such a sweet deal to open a plant in KY. I thank God for it, because we now have coal miners from Harlan Co. working there! Elected officials need to use these practices as examples so that our county will strive as theirs has! Instead of handing the money to "Greasy Pond" fire dept.! :x

DAMN! You said it all sister!
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:08 am

Briscoe wrote:
Unbridled Spirit wrote:In my opinion, Dan or who ever is elected needs to take directions from Hal Rogers and move our county in the same way he has the Pulaski area!

Everyone talks about how great Somerset is. Somerset dosen't hand out their Coal Severance money to every Tom, Dick, & Harry. They use their money wisely while we use it as payback favors!!

this wont be no sommerset if dan gets elected. they say hal don't just dislike dan ,but hates his fricking guts.

So how does the question of moving an entire county toward prosperity come down to personal dislikes? Isn't it true politicians move within the realm of quid pro quo? All of this chatter about personal likes and dislikes doesn't really play in the political arena. It comes down to "I need something" - ""you need something", now let's put what we have on the table. Two of the most brilliant political strategists of modern times are married to each other for more than 20 years. Republican Party (Mary Matalin) and The Democratic Party (James Carvelle). Now that my friend is how Politics in this country really work.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:23 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Briscoe wrote:

So how does the question of moving an entire county toward prosperity come down to personal dislikes? Isn't it true politicians move within the realm of quid pro quo? All of this chatter about personal likes and dislikes doesn't really play in the political arena. It comes down to "I need something" - ""you need something", now let's put what we have on the table. Two of the most brilliant political strategists of modern times are married to each other for more than 20 years. Republican Party (Mary Matalin) and The Democratic Party (James Carvelle). Now that my friend is how Politics in this country really work.

You were raising hell yesterday because you said Mitch didn't bring home the bacon, and today you can't understand how animosity will slow the flow of pork... I dunno... Maybe you should sit down and analyze your belief system (if you have one), write it on paper and refer to it occasionally...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:47 am

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
Briscoe wrote:

You were raising hell yesterday because you said Mitch didn't bring home the bacon, and today you can't understand how animosity will slow the flow of pork... I dunno... Maybe you should sit down and analyze your belief system (if you have one), write it on paper and refer to it occasionally...[/quote]

McConnell never had to bring home the bacon because SE Kentuckians never demanded it. He shows up every six years, parrots what his strategist tell him people want to hear, and Kentuckians roll over. No quid pro quo. Free of charge. The infighting within the Republican Party these past few years has prevented any kind of productive quid pro quo between the House and Senate. It doesn't matter if it's Hal or anyone else, animosity takes a second seat to what's on the table. The difference in Washington being able to reach across the aisle and State politicians ability to work together is the goal itself, and what each other can bring to the table. The goals of those fighting within their party supersede any kind of common goal. Thus you have what we have today; Gridlock.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Unbridled Spirit wrote:In my opinion, Paul or Dan needs to take directions from Hal Rogers and move our county in the same way he has the Pulaski area!

That's what the hell I'm talking about!
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby goat47 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:44 pm

You never did message me ;)
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:47 pm

goat47 wrote:

You never did message me ;)

Message her, dumbass!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:37 am

Yeah message her. She's "easy" to find.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Previous

Return to Harlan County Politics