Sheriff

General discussion about local politics.

Sheriff

Postby gonegone » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:16 am

The campaign is starting to get cranked up. I am beginning to see a lot of Leslie Smith (smitty) for Sheriff, especially in the Tri City area, but a lot in Harlan also
gonegone

Re: Sheriff

Postby Legion » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:48 am

That's a candidate who wants to Double Dip at Taxpayer Expense! I didn't know the man existed until his retirement from the Kentucky State Police.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:01 pm

I've not seen any signs other than Teagles.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:43 pm

I think Lipfird has done a fine job. If Leslie wanted to play policeman he shouldn't have retired.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Never heard of him until he decided to run other than he was the commander of the post.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:58 am

Is it even legal to officially campaign before your registered to run for office? I think you can have a exploratory group to discuss, ect, ect.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:43 pm

I had never heard of him either & honestly still dont know anything about him.
I have seen some Lunsford also.
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:07 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Is it even legal to officially campaign before your registered to run for office? I think you can have a exploratory group to discuss, ect, ect.

They make up their laws as they go, Harlan County style, they don't follow any others. They don't have to.
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Honeysuckle » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:03 pm

A friend of mine ran into Smiddy at the Festival of Mountain Masters. He asked the sherriff's candidate what he plan to do about the county's drug problem. His reply was "I dunno." We do not need any "I dunnos" in our government and leadership roles. The last thing you will ever hear from current Sheriff Marvin Lipfird is "I dunno." You might not like what you hear sometimes, but at least he's got answers.

Marvin Lipfird is a proven, effective leader. If he would only surround himself with better people (If he would drop the Ball so to speak) Marvin Lipfird could set this county on fire ! I'm voting for him. The only thing that tempts me not to is his affiliation with some people.
Honeysuckle

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Honeysuckle wrote:A friend of mine ran into Smiddy at the Festival of Mountain Masters. He asked the sherriff's candidate what he plan to do about the county's drug problem. His reply was "I dunno." We do not need any "I dunnos" in our government and leadership roles. The last thing you will ever hear from current Sheriff Marvin Lipfird is "I dunno." You might not like what you hear sometimes, but at least he's got answers.

Marvin Lipfird is a proven, effective leader. If he would only surround himself with better people (If he would drop the Ball so to speak) Marvin Lipfird could set this county on fire ! I'm voting for him. The only thing that tempts me not to is his affiliation with some people.

I'm voting for Marvin J as well, and I couldn't agree more regarding BB, and his holier than thou act.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:45 am

Marvin has our vote!
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:15 am

Lipfird has my vote with BB in the picture or not. I have been told of Smiddy's connections in the Tri-City area and no way in hell would I vote for him or Yeary now.
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Unbridled Spirit wrote:Marvin has our vote!

Our? You have a Turd in ur Purse? :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Gopher » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Honeysuckle wrote:A friend of mine ran into Smiddy at the Festival of Mountain Masters. He asked the sherriff's candidate what he plan to do about the county's drug problem. His reply was "I dunno." We do not need any "I dunnos" in our government and leadership roles. The last thing you will ever hear from current Sheriff Marvin Lipfird is "I dunno." You might not like what you hear sometimes, but at least he's got answers.

Best of my knowledge he didn't do anything as Commander. He should enjoy his state retirement.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby jeepers creepers » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Pappy wrote:
Unbridled Spirit wrote:Marvin has our vote!

Our? You have a Turd in ur Purse? :lol: :lol:

Democrat! ;)
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Next

Return to Harlan County Politics