Fat Tuesday: Fiscal Court News!

General discussion about local politics.

Re: Fat Tuesday: Fiscal Court News!

Postby upallnight » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:31 pm

That would put a company 50 miles from a 4 lane road.
upallnight

Postby gonegone » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:08 am

clark bailey wrote:Unless I am mistaken, the land Mr. Calhoun refers to belongs to the IDA, and already had one company operating there.

The property he is talking about is beside the Cumberland School, and is now the Sleepy Hollow Golf Course
gonegone

Postby Pappy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:57 am

O'Riely Fuctor.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby clark bailey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:29 pm

gonegone wrote:
clark bailey wrote:Unless I am mistaken, the land Mr. Calhoun refers to belongs to the IDA, and already had one company operating there.

The property he is talking about is beside the Cumberland School, and is now the Sleepy Hollow Golf Course

I'm also pretty sure about the golf course, but I'll double check to make sure I'm right.
clark bailey

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:49 pm

gonegone is correct. It's sleepy hollow golf course he's talking about using.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GoDan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:24 am

The place your talking about Clark is in Lynch.
GoDan

Postby PharmGirl » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Sounds like a dumb idea. Downtown is empty. How about locating some companies there.
PharmGirl

Postby Pappy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:00 pm

PharmGirl wrote:Sounds like a dumb idea. Downtown is empty. How about locating some companies there.

More Pawn shops and parking meters is what we need.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby gonegone » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Here is what's really needed for the Cumberland, Tri Cities area. Instead of spending millions of dollars on flood control like they have been kicking around for years. How about use those millions and buy everyones property from Rosspoint north to Whitesburg mountain. Then build a Damn at Baxter-Rosspoint area and have one hell of a Lake. Call it Lake Poor Fork and then ORIELLY can get a Gov't Grant and change the POOR to LAKE MERIDZO. And if really wants to get money allow burkinis and all the Mooslims will help with finance.
gonegone

Postby clark bailey » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:44 pm

GoDan wrote:The place your talking about Clark is in Lynch.

thanks for clarifying. I seemed to remembered something about the golf course when I was looking at deeds. This was back year before last, so I am a little fuzzy on it. Once again, thanks.
clark bailey

Postby Pappy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:09 pm

gonegone wrote:Here is what's really needed for the Cumberland, Tri Cities area. Instead of spending millions of dollars on flood control like they have been kicking around for years. How about use those millions and buy everyones property from Rosspoint north to Whitesburg mountain. Then build a Damn at Baxter-Rosspoint area and have one hell of a Lake. Call it Lake Poor Fork and then ORIELLY can get a Gov't Grant and change the POOR to LAKE MERIDZO. And if really wants to get money allow burkinis and all the Mooslims will help with finance.

Good point Gonegone but wouldn't it be better to build it in Pineville and flood the whole County of Harlan?
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu May 25, 2017 10:24 am

The Harlan County Land Company aka The Fiscal Court discusses land usage agreements for flood plain property.

http://harlandaily.com/news/19496/flood-plain-property-discussed-2
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Tango Foxtrot » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:20 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The Harlan County Land Company aka The Fiscal Court discusses land usage agreements for flood plain property.

http://harlandaily.com/news/19496/flood-plain-property-discussed-2

That's such bullshit! They need to parcel the land and sell it. It's a way of increasing tax revenue for the county.
Tango Foxtrot

Postby ScArEcRoW » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:28 pm

They need that land for all the businesses that's been brought in. Where's the firewood company?
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby VoteMout » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:43 pm

ScArEcRoW wrote:They need that land for all the businesses that's been brought in. Where's the firewood company?

Still growing. In the forest that is.
VoteMout

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Politics