Election Signs

General discussion about local politics.

Re: Election Signs

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Jonathan wrote:I've made it a point to place my election signs on supporters' property. Besides the fact that it's against the law, I believe placing them on right of ways and telephone poles doesn't show support of the people.
Glad to hear you say that. I saw a Mike Lunsford sign in a yard today in Dayhoit that doesn't support law enforcement.

Postby Jack Rabbit » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 pm

shade chaser wrote:Thats not fair,I want to be Dale !! :o

Shit come on now Shade ill call ya Dale.Dale. :lol:
Jack Rabbit

Postby Demon Hunter » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

I see that election ad's are still on here. That got me to thinking about all the election signs across Pine Mountain. Here's a short list of people who need to get off their collective asses and collect these signs. I understand that Lee and Shannon lost two weeks ago, but Lisnebee managed to collect his signs.

Dan Mosley
Wendy Flannary
Joyce Heck
Jonathan Lee
Chad Shannon
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:I see that election ad's are still on here. That got me to thinking about all the election signs across Pine Mountain. Here's a short list of people who need to get off their collective asses and collect these signs. I understand that Lee and Shannon lost two weeks ago, but Lisnebee managed to collect his signs.

Dan Mosley
Wendy Flannary
Joyce Heck
Jonathan Lee
Chad Shannon

If they bother you, collect and return them to their owners. I'm sure they wouldn't object, and you wouldn't get an ulcer worrying about them.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GoDan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:36 pm

They are nothing more than litter to me. Their should be a specific date for sign removal and if not removed a fine for every day the litter is left along the road sides. Wendy, Dan, and Joyce was from two years ago. They need you all to get elected over there, but forget about you after the election.
GoDan

Postby Political Plague » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:49 pm

GoDan wrote:They are nothing more than litter to me. Their should be a specific date for sign removal and if not removed a fine for every day the litter is left along the road sides. Wendy, Dan, and Joyce was from two years ago. They need you all to get elected over there, but forget about you after the election.

They don't give two shakes about you mountain people.
Political Plague

Postby Cornbread » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:59 am

LOL @ Mountain People. Is that like Ghetto People?
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:39 pm

There's nothing stopping people from removing those signs. Either trashing them as litter or returning them to the people that put them there.

GoDan, aren't you one of those anti-big government guys? Yet your solution is to get government to make and enforce a penalizing law to take care of a problem that you could easily resolve on your own. Without spending taxpayers money using legislators and law enforcers time in making and enforcing something that any concerned citizen can easily do without any assistance from government.

People throw litter on the side of the road in front and on the side of my house everyday. I suppose I could grab their garbage, jump in my car, chase them down an throw the litter back to them. Or I could police the property 24/7 write down and report them to DOT for littering. Would that solve the litter problem? No. It would only create other problems for me and my government.

Why in the hell complain about something you can fix yourself?

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ScArEcRoW » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:42 pm

They asked for our vote stating they will do the best they can for the county. Leaving litter along the sides of the roads isn't the best they can do for us.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:44 am

Cornbread wrote:LOL @ Mountain People. Is that like Ghetto People?

LOL.... We have Mountain People, Ghetto People, Trailerpark People, Holler People, ect, ect.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby upallnight » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:56 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

LOL.... We have Mountain People, Ghetto People, Trailerpark People, Holler People, ect, ect.

We have a lot of groups lol.
upallnight

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:12 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

Then there are Wilhoit people, Pathfork people, Straight Creek people, and Cranks Creek people...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:04 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

Then there are Wilhoit people, Pathfork people, Straight Creek people, and Cranks Creek people...

Don't forget Wallins creek peeps
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:08 am

Fairview people lol.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:05 pm

The singer should go collect the signs he put out.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Politics