Election Signs

General discussion about local politics.

Election Signs

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:04 am

It is illegal to place election signs on the state hwy right of way. If I recall the workers remove them and hold them at the hwy dept for a period of time to allow the owner to pick them up before trashing them.

Re: Shooting Range Ideas
We have enough trash without them littering our highways. If no one wants them in their yard then that should tell you that you shouldn't be running. Scott Alexander signs still hang round the county.
I took these from the shooting range idea topic. Since it is illegal to place election signs on the state hwy right of way can we list the candidates signs that you see littering, and breaking the law?
Also who wants to tell who's election signs you have in your yard?

Re: Election Signs

Postby shade chaser » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:42 pm

I,ll tell what signs are in my yard, MARVIN J LIPFIRD, DENNY PACE.and JIM ROARK.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Fox » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:01 pm

I have an obama sign in my yard and it ain't got nothin' to do with any election or hope or change if you know what I mean.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
Fox

Postby FallenAngel » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Fox wrote:I have an obama sign in my yard and it ain't got nothin' to do with any election or hope or change if you know what I mean.

lol
“Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.”
FallenAngel
The Fallen One

Postby Invisible Sky Pixie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:05 pm

I have two "Elect Bill Moore Magistrate" signs on my property.
"There are wolves in the world." Leverage
Invisible Sky Pixie

Postby shade chaser » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:58 pm

as i posted in another thread,I believe anyone running for a PAYING position should have to put up a $500 retainer/deposit and if there signs are not gathered up within 30 days of election they loose that money,then the county wont have to use tax dollars to collect them.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Hyrail » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Invisible Sky Pixie wrote:I have two "Elect Bill Moore Magistrate" signs on my property.

The only thing I worry about in putting signs In my yard is what if the person you are pulling for don't win, then you need something and the person that won puts you on the back burner knowing you did not vote for them. JMO.
Hyrail

Postby shade chaser » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Well,im keeping my Pace sign,if Joe wins nothing will change as he has done NOTHING for me in the past.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby carbon-15 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Hyrail wrote:
Invisible Sky Pixie wrote:I have two "Elect Bill Moore Magistrate" signs on my property.

The only thing I worry about in putting signs In my yard is what if the person you are pulling for don't win, then you need something and the person that won puts you on the back burner knowing you did not vote for them. JMO.

That did not stop you from putting ALL those Obama signs in the yard, stickers on the truck, and even the shirts and hats you had printed.. :mrgreen:
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby carbon-15 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:31 pm

shade chaser wrote:Well,im keeping my Pace sign,if Joe wins nothing will change as he has done NOTHING for me in the past.

Everyone needs to sit down and talk with Mr Pace.. He has some amazing ideas for the county..
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Hyrail » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:37 pm

carbon-15 wrote:
Hyrail wrote:

That did not stop you from putting ALL those Obama signs in the yard, stickers on the truck, and even the shirts and hats you had printed.. :mrgreen:

Well he won just because I did that, and that is why I will never do it agian, LOL Now look we all need something from him and where is he at. HAHA

(you are so full of shit)
Hyrail

Postby shade chaser » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Mr. K. wrote:I like Denny Pace. He's a good guy. I remember one day I walked into my grandmother's house and there stood Denny.... frying her some hamburgers haha. He was always good to her, and I will remember that.

He speaks VERY highly of her Mr K.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Hyrail » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:44 pm

shade chaser wrote:
Mr. K. wrote:I like Denny Pace. He's a good guy. I remember one day I walked into my grandmother's house and there stood Denny.... frying her some hamburgers haha. He was always good to her, and I will remember that.

He speaks VERY highly of her Mr K.

This is why I think Tiny really need to come and set with us, I think we have some pull in the county.
Hyrail

Postby carbon-15 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:44 pm

The 4th street conference room can get things done...
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Hyrail » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 pm

carbon-15 wrote:The 4th street conference room can get things done...

Yes Carbon it can.
Hyrail

Next

Return to Harlan County Politics