A Few Of GFunk's Election Ideas.

General discussion about local politics.

Re: A Few Of GFunk's Election Ideas.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:12 am

You should only steal these idea's if you plan on following thru with them. These are just a few ideas off the top of my head. Feel free to add to them, or wait on my follow up post.

First of all as Mayor of Harlan I would angle the parking around the Court House, and the Justice Center which would open up more parking, and would be more pleasing to the eye. It would eliminate parking on both sides of the street. I would eliminate free all day parking. If you work in the Courthouse, or the Justice Center you must park in the city's parking lot, so people who want to do actual business in town have somewhere to park. (The employee's will not like the idea, but I would bet that most don't vote in the city limits) This does not effect those who have apartments in town. It is only for County employees.

I think that all offices in the Courthouse, and the Justice Center should be open for at least a half a day on Saturday. Most people have to take off work in order to tag vehicles, re-new licenses, pay taxes, ect, ect, ect.

The County Judge Executive should hire someone of experience in bringing industry into a area. I know this will be the hardest for most because everyone wants to take credit for every damn thing. The county needs to reach out to companies and detail the benefits of relocating in Harlan. 10 dollars an hour here, is like 18 dollars an hour anywhere else.

The Magistrates need to do what is right for Harlan County as a whole, and not just what you can get for your district.

The Jailer needs to find a way for the jail to be less of a drain on the county budget. The "garden" was suppose to become a savior, but I've not seen any money saved. Gardening tools are not free.

the parking idea would do wonders for traffic in town, and people could actually find somewhere to park. city and county wokers need to park in the parking lot .

Postby upallnight » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:32 am

Dumpsters! Don't forget we need dumpsters!
upallnight

Postby Gopher » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:16 pm

I see they disregarded your election ideas, and the jail is still costing the county money. Something to do with the heat being screwed up now.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Pappy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:40 pm

Gopher wrote:I see they disregarded your election ideas, and the jail is still costing the county money. Something to do with the heat being screwed up now.

Screw them their in Jail for god sakes
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby goat47 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Now now. They must be coddled and not made to suffer.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Previous

Return to Harlan County Politics