The Real Power In the Harlan County Courthouse

General discussion about local politics.

The Real Power In the Harlan County Courthouse

Postby Protagonist » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I had no idea, until just this week, that there is a Deputy Judge Executive in all but name. The power behind the throne (so to speak) is none other than the hapless simpleton, Tony Felosi.

Recently, it was revealed to me, that Mr. Felosi has publicly stated that he is the Deputy Judge Executive of Harlan County "in all but name."

Much of the recent controversy of the past year (primarily the growing turbulence between the Judge Executives office and the Sheriff's Department) can be attributed to the meddling of Mr. Felosi.

If Harlan Countians want their elected officials to do their jobs, and refrain from slanderous attacks and salacious gossip, perhaps someone should advise Judge Grieshop to reign in this hapless underling.

We have enough problems in Harlan County without an unconstitutionally appointed employee of the county, working clandestinely for his own selfish purposes, seeking to grab power, as well as tear down others for his own selfish, self-serving interests.

Mr. Felosi is a liability to anyone with whom he comes in contact.
Protagonist

Re: The Real Power In the Harlan County Courthouse

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:25 pm

I have never met Tony Felosi, but it's my understanding that everything, and I mean everything he does is at the direction of Joe Grieshop. One example would be the changing of the locks at the Chaplins bldg, it's my understanding that he did that at the judge's request. It seems to me that TF is a way for the Judge to accomplish the deeds that he doesn't want to put his hands directly on. TF gets paid to do what the Judge tells him to do.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Protagonist » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:53 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I have never met Tony Felosi, but it's my understanding that everything, and I mean everything he does is at the direction of Joe Grieshop. One example would be the changing of the locks at the Chaplins bldg, it's my understanding that he did that at the judge's request. It seems to me that TF is a way for the Judge to accomplish the deeds that he doesn't want to put his hands directly on. TF gets paid to do what the Judge tells him to do.

Precisely, Funk! I couldn't have phrased that better myself. TF is nothing more than a "hatchet man". Like you, I have no personal contact with him. However, several sources tell me that TF carries out the "dirty deeds" of Judge Joe.

That's why Judge Joe created a position for the simpleton TF. It's my understanding that he ran his own business into the ground. So, why on earth would Judge Joe appoint someone as a "risk management/economic development" coordinator when he's clearly a business failure?

As you noted, Funk, to do the bidding of his master. That's how Judge Joe plays the game of plausible deniability....he can play dumb, while knowing full well his marching orders have been carried out by a chief flunky.
Protagonist

Postby Guest #2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Tony Felosi is an idiot who didn't even know who the CJE was until about a year ago.
Guest #2

Postby Ana » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Since you seem to know so much about Tony Felosi why don't you just call and ask him about it. He must not be to "simple" he runs a very successful business and seems like he gets all the "side jobs" he wants.
Ana

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Sunny wrote:Since you seem to know so much about Tony Felosi why don't you just call and ask him about it. He must not be to "simple" he runs a very successful business and seems like he gets all the "side jobs" he wants.

Side Jobs???
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Ana » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:30 pm

?? Bodyguard??
Ana

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Sunny wrote:?? Bodyguard??

Nope. That is supplied by the Detention Center.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby the fluke » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:37 am

i think they are going to make a movie about him called the puppet on a string does harlan county. :lol:
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby Protagonist » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:49 am

Sunny wrote:Since you seem to know so much about Tony Felosi why don't you just call and ask him about it. He must not be to "simple" he runs a very successful business and seems like he gets all the "side jobs" he wants.

Just connecting the dots as to what I know, as well as what is divulged to me by sources within the courthouse. As for running a "successful business", I have no idea what you are referring to.
Protagonist

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:38 am

What successful business does he run? Ive never heard of him.
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Brandon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:39 am

I think Tony is doing alright. He's had my back under extreme fire on more than one occasion and so I want to do the same.

Most of the time he's at the challenge academy helping to get the building ready but his baby is the aquaculture center. Although it isn't something that gets people fired up like roads or high paying jobs, from what I can tell he's landed aver $400k of grant funds to get it started and it will provide some jobs and he what he believes will be a new piece of the economy in the future. It's not sea monkeys it's several types of lettuce, fish etc all of which he says he has buyers.

I say give him time to prove himself. There's no reason to be gunning down his character. When sides are so fractured it's too easy to misunderstand intentions and when people who are just doing their jobs, especially when politics are involved.

He's in there. He's bit off a big project. Let's see what he can do.
Brandon
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Protagonist » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 am

Brandon wrote:I think Tony is doing alright. He's had my back under extreme fire on more than one occasion and so I want to do the same.

Most of the time he's at the challenge academy helping to get the building ready but his baby is the aquaculture center. Although it isn't something that gets people fired up like roads or high paying jobs, from what I can tell he's landed aver $400k of grant funds to get it started and it will provide some jobs and he what he believes will be a new piece of the economy in the future. It's not sea monkeys it's several types of lettuce, fish etc all of which he says he has buyers.

I say give him time to prove himself. There's no reason to be gunning down his character. When sides are so fractured it's too easy to misunderstand intentions and when people who are just doing their jobs, especially when politics are involved.

He's in there. He's bit off a big project. Let's see what he can do.

I say this with no disrespect Brandon, but if this is such a vast undertaking (getting the aquaculture program up and running), shouldn't Mr. Felosi be spending more of his time at the aquaculture center and less time at the challenge academy? Just makes more sense to me, considering a great deal of taxpayer monies has been dumped into that program already, just in lighting alone. Food for thought, I suppose.
Protagonist

Postby jeepers creepers » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

I think that growing mushrooms would be a good plan. He could keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit! :lol:
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm

jeepers creepers wrote:I think that growing mushrooms would be a good plan. He could keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit! :lol:

Come to think of it, I believe he is a democrat...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Next

Return to Harlan County Politics