The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

General discussion about local politics.

The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby carbon-15 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:34 am

This was emailed to me.. It appears to be spot on!


If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, then no one should have one.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.
If a liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, they quietly enjoy their life.
If a liberal is homosexual, they loudly demand legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal wants any mention of God or religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his.
User avatar
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Bushwhacker » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:23 am

Excelent post Carbon, I would have to say that I agree with it entirely. :D
User avatar
Bushwhacker
 
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby RAP » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:52 am

Ahhhh what a suprise you old republican! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Bushwhacker » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:57 am

I happen to be a Democrat. However, it seems that democrat party of old, has left me behind and caters to a different group than the average working man. They cater more to groups like acorn and people that want the government to take care of all their needs. :D
User avatar
Bushwhacker
 
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Chase » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:26 am

Bushwhacker wrote:I happen to be a Democrat. However, it seems that democrat party of old, has left me behind and caters to a different group than the average working man. They cater more to groups like acorn and people that want the government to take care of all their needs. :D



I totally agree Bushwhacker.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby RAP » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:48 am

I'am sorry for being politically ignorant. My mom and dad
were die hard Dem and I am a Die Hard nothing. I hope you know that I was just trying to bug you? :lol: :lol:
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:57 am

carbon-15 wrote:This was emailed to me.. It appears to be spot on!


If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, then no one should have one.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.
If a liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, they quietly enjoy their life.
If a liberal is homosexual, they loudly demand legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal wants any mention of God or religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his.


Conservatives don't care about people.
They "hate" the poor they "hate" little children and want to deny them medical care.
They "hate" the elderly and also want to deny them medical care.
They hate the entire middle class and want to deny them a living wage.
Who don't conservatives "hate" ? Oh ya, big corporations, they don't hate them. That's even worse. To not hate big business may as well make you Hitler.
Guest
 

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby MODERATE » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:16 am

Why not have three parties? Conservative ---Liberal----Moderate? I bet there would be as many Moderates as there are both conservative and Liberal put together.
MODERATE
 

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby carbon-15 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:31 am

Guest wrote:Conservatives don't care about people.
They "hate" the poor they "hate" little children and want to deny them medical care.
They "hate" the elderly and also want to deny them medical care.
They hate the entire middle class and want to deny them a living wage.
Who don't conservatives "hate" ? Oh ya, big corporations, they don't hate them. That's even worse. To not hate big business may as well make you Hitler.


Ahh, the standard liberal defense.. Talk about how conservatives don't care... We don't want to deny anyone the necesities of a quality life.. We just don't want to support the deadbeats who have never worked and are always looking for the easy way out..

I'm all for providing children medical care.. I am also all for taking them out of deadbeat homes so they grow to be an asset instead of a liability to society.. Children become what they see growing up.. They grow up in a family that refuses to work hard, they will think that is the right way.. No one is denied a living wage.. If a person does not want to further their education to get a better job, then a better wage, that is their own choice/fault..

Of course I love big corporations, I work for one, as do most everyone here.. Big corporations allow the higher wages that you apparently are seeking.. Some things can not be done without a big corporation..
User avatar
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Union Worker » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Big corporations that provide good hourly wages and good benefits as retirement and healthcare are usually union or they would run all over you. You are never secure in your job if you don't have a contract.
Union Worker
 

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby carbon-15 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:47 pm

I am a union worker...
User avatar
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Ah, Carbon, when I run for office I was going to ask you to be my running mate. Now that I see the bigger picture, I would be honored if you'd ask me to be yours...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
User avatar
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl
 
Posts: 15725
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side Of The Moon

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Fox » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:57 pm

I work for a big corporation. I have excellent benefits and yearly salary. I am not union. However, I did sign a contract. I did not feel like I needed a union to be a liaison. I hired a lawyer to do that for me.
It was mentioned that conservatives hate this group and that group. That is a total load of ridiculous BS liberal propaganda. If conservatives hate anything, it is BIG government. You know, I would love it if every family had a nice home with CH&A and a nice SUV, but it ain't gonna happen. The American taxpayer cannot and will not support everyone and every agenda. Let's get real here. We feel that the government is the problem, not the solution. We believe in a hand up and not a hand out. We believe in liberty and freedom. We like the freedom in using our hard earned money how we best see fit; not giving it to a big inept and corrupt government through under-represented taxation for them to spend unwisely.
I think I can assume, based on the post that the "guest" has some socialist ideas or leanings. You know, we have made our home (America) the way we like it and it has worked out to be quite livable for 200 years. Don't go and try to remodel it now. I am sure there are plenty of other homes you can move into that's modeled the way you like--China, Russia, North Korea, Venezuela. Hey Cuba is quite close! I am sure you can get directions from those refugees on the boats that are coming here.
By the way, most conservatives are middle class.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Fox
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:12 pm

Conservatives lump people into classes based upon income, the area you live in, and possessions. Upper, middle, and lower class. You will never hear a poor family say we are lower class because of our earnings.
Guest
 

Re: The Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal.........

Postby Fox » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:55 pm

If you have ever taken a high school or college level social studies or political science course then you will know that there is objective criteria to the classes-lower,middle, upper. The most common is based on income. So go figure, I didn't write the textbooks. Actually, I don't really ever hear anybody talk about the classes except the government when they are talking about some social agenda. It is usually the liberals that are attacking the "upper class" and vilifying them and how the wealth should be redistributed through our progressive tax system. So I don't buy your crap, guest. You are blowing smoke. If you want to do some real research, why don't you look up who gives more of their own money to charity, liberals or conservatives? It might be a real eye opener for you since you think conservatives hate everybody. Look at how much (or should I say miniscule) our liberal dear VP of this country gave to charity over the past few years and then tell me he loves the poor.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Fox
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Next

Return to Harlan County Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest