2018 Election

General discussion about local politics.

Re: Election News, Gossip, Support Your Candidate

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Today's the last day to file.


I was just going by information given last November by Ky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, in her announcement of the deadline for candidates filing for 2018 County Primary’s;

“The deadline for filing for offices that may have a primary is 4 p.m. local time on January 30, 2018.”

January 30th was this past Tuesday, not Wednesday.

Today The Harlan County Clerk’s Office confirmed the filing deadline for candidates of the Primary election was Tuesday January 30th 4:00 pm. No changes were made since the Secretary of States’ November 2017 announcement.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10124
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Election News, Gossip, Support Your Candidate

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:21 pm

County Judge Executive:
Incumbent: Dan Mosley
Republican: Darla Carter
Republican: Clair Stines

Commonwealth Attorney:
Incumbent: Parker Boggs
Democrat: Jason Jackson

Harlan Circuit Court Clerk:
Incumbent: Wendy Flanary
Republican: Joyce Heck

Harlan County Coroner:
Incumbent: Philip Bianchi
Republican: Derrick Noe

District 1 Magistrate:
Incumbent: Clark "Sparky" Middleton
Democrat: Scott Lewis
Republican: Paul Caldwell - Matt Napier - Carold Craycraft - David S. Jones

District 2 Magistrate:
Incumbent: Bill Moore
Republican: Royce Wynn

District 3 Magistrate:
Incumbent: David Kennedy
Democrat: Tommy Jenkins
Republicans: Tyler V. Blair - Paul L. Browning

District 4 Magistrate:
Incumbent: Jim Roddy
Republican: Hiram Fields

District 5 Magistrate:
Incumbent: James Howard
Democrat: Freeman Clark - Gordon Barton
Republican: Dell Long - Rick Torstrick

Not listed were the candidates for County Clerk but here's the names I know.

Incumbent: Donna Hoskins
Democrat: Greg Shanks - Russell Huff
Republicans: John Clem - Shawn Miller
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20950
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Election News, Gossip, Support Your Candidate

Postby Pappy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:County Judge Executive:
Incumbent: Dan Mosley
Republican: Darla Carter
Republican: Clair Stines

Commonwealth Attorney:
Incumbent: Parker Boggs
Democrat: Jason Jackson

Harlan Circuit Court Clerk:
Incumbent: Wendy Flanary
Republican: Joyce Heck

Harlan County Coroner:
Incumbent: Philip Bianchi
Republican: Derrick Noe

District 1 Magistrate:
Incumbent: Clark "Sparky" Middleton
Democrat: Scott Lewis
Republican: Paul Caldwell - Matt Napier - Carold Craycraft - David S. Jones

District 2 Magistrate:
Incumbent: Bill Moore
Republican: Royce Wynn

District 3 Magistrate:
Incumbent: David Kennedy
Democrat: Tommy Jenkins
Republicans: Tyler V. Blair - Paul L. Browning

District 4 Magistrate:
Incumbent: Jim Roddy
Republican: Hiram Fields

District 5 Magistrate:
Incumbent: James Howard
Democrat: Freeman Clark - Gordon Barton
Republican: Dell Long - Rick Torstrick

Not listed were the candidates for County Clerk but here's the names I know.

Incumbent: Donna Hoskins
Democrat: Greg Shanks - Russell Huff
Republicans: John Clem - Shawn Miller
Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Today's the last day to file.


I was just going by information given last November by Ky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, in her announcement of the deadline for candidates filing for 2018 County Primary’s;

“The deadline for filing for offices that may have a primary is 4 p.m. local time on January 30, 2018.”

January 30th was this past Tuesday, not Wednesday.

Today The Harlan County Clerk’s Office confirmed the filing deadline for candidates of the Primary election was Tuesday January 30th 4:00 pm. No changes were made since the Secretary of States’ November 2017 announcement.

Happy Ground Hog day.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: 2018 Election

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:46 am

Nothing jaw dropping on that list.
User avatar
Demon Hunter
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:17 am

Re: 2018 Election

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 pm

I'll correct myself. Pretty jaw dropping that the clerk who is responsible for turning the election list over to the newspaper left her office off the list.
User avatar
Demon Hunter
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:17 am

Re: 2018 Election

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:I'll correct myself. Pretty jaw dropping that the clerk who is responsible for turning the election list over to the newspaper left her office off the list.


Exactly which newspapers received an incomplete list that did not include the County Clerks Office’ incumbent and election candidates?


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10124
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: 2018 Election

Postby sundown » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Also didn't show that Smitty, and Lisenbee were unopposed, and never listed the ones that are running for constables in the county.
live today like theres no tomorrow!
sundown
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: 2018 Election

Postby upallnight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 am

A piss poor job whether intentional or not.
upallnight
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: 2018 Election

Postby ScArEcRoW » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 pm

This is the most boring local election I've ever seen.
User avatar
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2642
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 am

Re: 2018 Election

Postby sundown » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:44 am

I agree, so far no bickering, mudslinging or nothing, maybe someone will punch someone and get this fight started, only fight I see is maybe a magistrate fight or two.
live today like theres no tomorrow!
sundown
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: 2018 Election

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Elections should be about the civic duties those running for office are expected to fulfill. And whether or not candidates have the experience, qualifications, temperament, integrity and dedication to meet the demands of the Office they are seeking.

I can’t think of anything more destructive to civilized society, than the expectation and demand for civil servants to engage in contemptible & uncivilized discourse of ‘mudslinging’, ‘punching’ to start a physical fight, etc.

Who benefits from side tracking & disrupting civilized discourse in our elections? Who is it that desires to make a mockery of our election process? People that want our elected representatives to strengthen our local and national institutions? Or people that want to see our institutions weakened by subversive, distracting and divisionary tactics?


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10124
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: 2018 Election

Postby Briscoe » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 pm

poop.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
User avatar
Briscoe
HornDog
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: 2018 Election

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 am

The most heated race so far is the clerks office. I've heard a little mud slinging.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20950
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Previous

Return to Harlan County Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests