Christmas Freebies

Post whatever gossip you might have heard. Please do not post personal attacks or comments that may be deemed slanderous.

Christmas Freebies

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Anyone know of anyone taking advantage of Christmas freebies? I saw several blatant incidences and just wondered if anyone else noticed any or not. I think this year may be the most blatant.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: Christmas Freebies

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:49 pm

It's a standard occurrence. I have family members who have the master list of give away's.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby PharmGirl » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:26 pm

We all have those family members.
PharmGirl

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Saw some things on the yard sale sites already.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:Saw some things on the yard sale sites already.

Crying Towels?
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Bushwhacker » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Yep! I heard of one that lives on old 413 up past the L P Gas place that is well known, bleach blond, good for nothing. That when the Santa trucks came up and stopped, she went to each and every truck getting something. I was told that she carried off a ton of stuff. She only has one little boy who is maybe 5 years old and I doubt that all of it was for him. More than likely, she sold it the next day.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mike Howard is one of the finest people on the planet, but there are lots of people who don't even bother trying to save money to shop for things for their children, they just wait for Mike to show up. This is the same thing that social programs such as welfare do to people, they get used to getting everything for free and just sit and wait for the next hand out. :|
Bushwhacker

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:31 pm

I used to look forward to seeing the Santa truck & fire engines. We weren't needy- but I still let my daughter get a bag from them. It was a great surprise for her to see Santa coming to our house.
Unbridled Spirit

Postby PharmGirl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Harlan County has lost a great man. He made so many kids Christmas who other wise wouldn't of had one.
PharmGirl

Postby Pappy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:54 pm

PharmGirl wrote:Harlan County has lost a great man. He made so many kids Christmas who other wise wouldn't of had one.

Who Pharm?
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Rango » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Pappy wrote:
PharmGirl wrote:Harlan County has lost a great man. He made so many kids Christmas who other wise wouldn't of had one.

Who Pharm?

Mountain Santa Mike Howard died Pappy.
Rango
(no custom rank chosen)

Return to Harlan County Gossip