Today's Mock Disaster Drill at SKCTCS

A place to post news-related photos observed throughout the county. Ex: fires, political events, meetings. NO VEHICLE ACCIDENT PHOTOS.

Today's Mock Disaster Drill at SKCTCS

Postby ~CJ~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:45 pm

~CJ~

Re: Today's Mock Disaster Drill at SKCTCS

Postby DarkFairy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Does anyone know if Cumberland Police Department was present for this?
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby ~CJ~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Yes. Actually, the Tri-City area was well represented there today, as well as Harlan and the Sheriff's Office.
~CJ~

Postby DarkFairy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Were all CPD officers present or was it the ones on duty or off duty? I know the other departments were there, I was just curious about ours.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby ~CJ~ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:31 pm

There were so many people there doing their thing it would have been impossible to see everyone. It was one of the best mock drills I have ever been too. Maybe you could call city hall tomorrow and find out.
~CJ~

Postby DarkFairy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Yeah, I probably could, I was just curious. I am glad it went well though.
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby yolanda stanton » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 am

CJ, I am so glad to see how many came out to help.

This helps all they Student Nurses, It also helps all emergency personal, They do this every year for they Nurses But this is they most I have seen show up. We have a great emergency response. I know C.P.D & L.P.D & B.P.D & S.O. & State Police Officer's always are willing to help it also helps them. Glad to see all The Air support.

Great Picture's CJ.
yolanda stanton
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby shade chaser » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Last night while enjoyin the front porch,my neighbors and i heard 3 or 4 choppers fling over,we thought we had an accident,guess it was part of this drill.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby doubletrouble » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 pm

No Shade Chaser, the mock drill people were at the college from around 9am-12pm on Monday morning. Would not have heard them in the evening. Must have been something else going on.
doubletrouble

Postby Wild » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:45 pm

shade chaser wrote:Last night while enjoyin the front porch,my neighbors and i heard 3 or 4 choppers fling over,we thought we had an accident,guess it was part of this drill.

Shade I heard them too and it was one HUGE chopper flying back and forth. It was bigger then a the "pot" choppers too. It was so big it shook my home. First time in a long time I was reminded how close we was to the airprot.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Meadow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am

I participated in this in 2009, and it was alot of fun. They make it as real as possible. Its a wonderful experience for student nurses, to prepare for their career, and also for all emergency personell , you never know what can happen. They continue to try and add things every year to make it better. I think they do a wonderful job :).
Meadow

Postby the fluke » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:08 pm

I was flying my model of a ch130 hueycraftochopper. :lol:
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Return to Harlan County News Photos