Illegal Flea Market on 119 at Baxter

A place to post news-related photos observed throughout the county. Ex: fires, political events, meetings. NO VEHICLE ACCIDENT PHOTOS.

Re: Illegal Flea Market on 119 at Baxter

Postby Tohotforharlan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:03 am

People just don't care abut anyone but themselves anymore, it is getting ridiculous, especially here in Harlan. Maybe if the police would actually uphold those littering fines they may slow people down. I doubt it but, worth a try right??
My give a damn's busted!! Not yours!!
Tohotforharlan

Postby Brandon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:29 am

Guest wrote:Brandon posed the bears to tug at your heart strings.

Heart strings? I wouldn't dare. :P They were seriously there just like that.
Brandon
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Fox » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:55 pm

He doesn't even know what a heart string is. LOL
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
Fox

Postby Jack Rabbit » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:46 am

Fox wrote:He doesn't even know what a heart string is. LOL

What like you do? :lol:
Jack Rabbit

Postby Fox » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:18 pm

The chordae tendineae, or heart strings, are cord-like tendons that connect the papillary muscles to the tricuspid valve and the mitral valve in the heart.
Chordae tendineae are approximately 80% collagen, while the remaining 20% is made up of elastin and endothelial cells.

....technically speaking. HAHAHA!
:lol:
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
Fox

Postby Brandon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:27 pm

i dont think i want to tug any of those.
Brandon
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby the fluke » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:45 pm

wah wah wah :cry: i wish i had my dolly.
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby Disabled » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:47 am

You and I both know the police are not going to do nothing about littering.And as far as the "gun traders" what alot of you dont understand is it is not legal to buy or sale firearms without a license for firearms sell.If you buy or salel a gun there,how do you know if it is stolen or not?How do you know if the person that is buying or saleing the gun is legal to have one? And I have been at this fleamarket when the cops has found stolen guns befor.So why don't the police check and see if these "GUN TRADERS" are legal to sale guns.Pawn shops,Walmart,and other legal people have to have a license to do so,why dont these people??This is one of the reasons that people that are not supposed to have guns,do have guns!!
Disabled

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:03 am

Private sales of firearms in Kentucky is legal.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Pappy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:36 am

Guest wrote:I've often wondered why these people get by with setting up there. The trash is deplorable.

In addition to that problem, they were setting up at 5:30a the other morning and almost caused a wreck. Several people have pulled out in front of cars, stopped suddenly on the highway and worse, make U turns at the end of the barrier there without thought of those behind or in front of them.

As bad as the county needs money, these people need to buy privilege licenses like any other business has to do to operate a business.

Where to they get all the stuff they sell anyway?

Where do they get all that stuff?From guys like you who dump it.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Wild » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:42 am

Just asking now.. but didnt Harlan at one time have a flea market? I was also told there used to be a place where you could get fresh veggies? Where is that at now?
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Brandon » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:55 am

Flea Market was on Sookie Ridge where the dollar store is now. Ropers had fresh veggies there past the coal monument, then there was a place under the bridge going into old Baxter. Sure there were others.
Brandon
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Kelli » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:14 am

Brandon wrote:Flea Market was on Sookie Ridge where the dollar store is now. Ropers had fresh veggies there past the coal monument, then there was a place under the bridge going into old Baxter. Sure there were others.

There also used to be a flea market over where Kentucky Farm Bureau Ins. is now. I remember my aunt and uncle taking us there when we were little.
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis
Kelli
GFunk Is My Pimp

Postby Pappy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Kelli wrote:
Brandon wrote:Flea Market was on Sookie Ridge where the dollar store is now. Ropers had fresh veggies there past the coal monument, then there was a place under the bridge going into old Baxter. Sure there were others.

There also used to be a flea market over where Kentucky Farm Bureau Ins. is now. I remember my aunt and uncle taking us there when we were little.

And you were banned for molesting the Melons.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby den » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:29 pm

There is a indoor flea market on the 4 mile road just above black mtn. office it is open sat. an sun .
den

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County News Photos