Drugs, Drugs, Drugs!

Discuss random Harlan County topics.

Re: Drugs, Drugs, Drugs!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 am

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Political Plague » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:28 pm

That's why it wouldn't do any good to bring a nice factory in here.
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Political Plague wrote:That's why it wouldn't do any good to bring a nice factory in here.

Drug abuse is a national problem, not confined to your locals.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GoDan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:56 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Political Plague wrote:That's why it wouldn't do any good to bring a nice factory in here.

Legalizing marijuana would go a long way to keep people from the hard stuff.
GoDan

Postby Pappy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:21 pm

GoDan wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

Lets all roll one from Cates bag.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:42 am

GoDan wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

I'm in full agreement. I do not subscribe to the theory that it's a gateway drug.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:44 am

There sooner pot is legalized, the sooner it can be taxed and controlled like alcohol, tobacco and any other 'recreational' drug. And the sooner educating about it's harmful effects can be verified and publicized.

If Prohibition taught us anything, it taught us prohibition does not decrease consumption. It only profits those that exploit the consumer.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:There sooner pot is legalized, the sooner it can be taxed and controlled like alcohol, tobacco and any other 'recreational' drug. And the sooner educating about it's harmful effects can be verified and publicized.

If Prohibition taught us anything, it taught us prohibition does not decrease consumption. It only profits those that exploit the consumer.

I read in Fortune magazine recently where Colorado's marijuana sales topped $1 Billion for 2016.
Demon Hunter

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:09 am

Thoughts?

Kentucky Opioid Disposal Program to fight state drug epidemic

http://www.harlandaily.com/news/22033/kentucky-opioid-disposal-program-to-fight-state-drug-epidemic
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 am

Governor Bevin has signed House Bill 33 which will limit prescribing schedule II narcotic to a 3 day supply except under needed circumstances. Not to sure that this is a good idea. House Bill 1 a few years back caused a pill shortage on the streets and that introduced meth to the mountains. I suspect House Bill 33 with its good intentions will introduce heroin to the mountains.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:03 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Governor Bevin has signed House Bill 33 which will limit prescribing schedule II narcotic to a 3 day supply except under needed circumstances. Not to sure that this is a good idea. House Bill 1 a few years back caused a pill shortage on the streets and that introduced meth to the mountains. I suspect House Bill 33 with its good intentions will introduce heroin to the mountains.

Good intentions? You would think Bevin would know something about the history of Prohibition in this country.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby VoteMout » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Increases in prison sentences for dealers, and a fine-tax on big pharm for treatment.
VoteMout

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:11 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Governor Bevin has signed House Bill 33 which will limit prescribing schedule II narcotic to a 3 day supply except under needed circumstances. Not to sure that this is a good idea. House Bill 1 a few years back caused a pill shortage on the streets and that introduced meth to the mountains. I suspect House Bill 33 with its good intentions will introduce heroin to the mountains.

I hope you're wrong, but I have a feeling that sadly you will be right.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Wilhoit must be ate up with meth. In last weeks paper I saw 10 arrests for selling.
Demon Hunter

Previous

Return to Harlan General Discussion