Former Harlan County sheriff indicted by federal grand jury

Please use this forum for late breaking news only. Developing news stories such as traffic accidents, fires, severe weather, road conditions, crime in progress, and things of that nature should be posted here.

Re: Former Harlan County sheriff indicted by federal grand j

Postby Pappy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:Let's be real. Marvin could not have been indicted unless there was proof that he misappropriated public funds.

I knew Marvin when he was a little boy. Knew his dad, Gunsmoke, well. Both good ’ole boys. Both good men on the whole.

What everybody, including me, knows is there is accepted means of corruption in public agencies in Harlan County that most Harlan Countians don't even count as corruption. Not because they don't know better, but because it is an accepted way of life. Loyalty runs deep.

Things like public trust are way down on the list of what's important. More important is personal trust. People obviously like those they know personally and have helped elect into some position of power. They're not objective because that's not what's most important. Keeping the back of those trusted comes first.

There's nothing wrong with loyalty. Until it blinds one's objectivity.

Marvin made a mistake. His loyalty blinded him and caused him to lose sight of his place in the political Hierarchy. For that, a pound of flesh is owed and will be extracted.

was it Justified? :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby April Showers » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:27 pm

He can explain every charge that was on this 'indictment'. Marvin Lipfird is a lot of things but thief is not one of them. This is total and complete bullshit!!!
April Showers

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:27 am

April Showers wrote:He can explain every charge that was on this 'indictment'. Marvin Lipfird is a lot of things but thief is not one of them. This is total and complete bullshit!!!

Retribution is very much a part of our poltical 'Justice' system that Marvin is caught up in.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:10 pm

April Showers wrote:He can explain every charge that was on this 'indictment'. Marvin Lipfird is a lot of things but thief is not one of them. This is total and complete bullshit!!!

I'm in total agreement.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby upallnight » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:00 am

Cate McCalley wrote:Let's be real. Marvin could not have been indicted unless there was proof that he misappropriated public funds.

I knew Marvin when he was a little boy. Knew his dad, Gunsmoke, well. Both good ’ole boys. Both good men on the whole.

What everybody, including me, knows is there is accepted means of corruption in public agencies in Harlan County that most Harlan Countians don't even count as corruption. Not because they don't know better, but because it is an accepted way of life. Loyalty runs deep.

Things like public trust are way down on the list of what's important. More important is personal trust. People obviously like those they know personally and have helped elect into some position of power. They're not objective because that's not what's most important. Keeping the back of those trusted comes first.

Marvin made a mistake. His loyalty blinded him and caused him to lose sight of his place in the political Hierarchy. For that, a pound of flesh is owed and will be extracted.

Your not that dense. The Fed's can secure an indictment on anyone they want.
upallnight

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:57 pm

upallnight wrote:

Your not that dense. The Fed's can secure an indictment on anyone they want.

It's much more difficult when evidence of wrong doing isn't handed to them on a silver platter. Have the Feds been known to plant informants that makes sure evidence materializes? They have. Have they interferred with our election process? They have. Ever since the Hoover Administration, right up until the present. Have they covertly encouraged divisuon to control our political process? They have and still do.

That's not the point.

The point being that Marvin Lipford's indictment could not have happened without the Federal Grand Jury. A grand Jury that believed there was enough evidence of Marvin misappropriating public funds to conclude he should be tried in a federal court of law. A trial that will determine whether or not Marvin Lipford, knowingly or unknowingly, committed a crime.

I know and you know over the years the depth of political corruption in the County. Some have literally gotten away with murder. So yes, the indictment of Marvin Lipford over such a minor thing as violating public trust may seem absurd. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. More important, to where and what will this course of action lead?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Then why couldn't the KSP get an indictment?
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:28 pm

Gunslinger wrote:Then why couldn't the KSP get an indictment?

That's a really good question. Why couldn't they?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby April Showers » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:

First of all it's LIPFIRD...ain't no FORD in it...

Second of all maybe they couldn't secure an indictment because of the way they presented the evidence...or just because the Harlan County Grand Jury WOULDN'T accept the evidence they presented.

REGARDLESS of why it took taking it to a federal Grand Jury to get their indictment... it was done to make the former Sheriff look bad. Certain people involved in this case (pubic or private) have been trying to make him look bad for years and years and years. He will come out smelling like a rose, he always has and always will. Like I previously said there is an explanation for every charge that was filed and Marvin has yet to speak for himself...
April Showers

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:56 pm

April Showers wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

Second of all maybe they couldn't secure an indictment because of the way they presented the evidence...or just because the Harlan County Grand Jury WOULDN'T accept the evidence they presented.

REGARDLESS of why it took taking it to a federal Grand Jury to get their indictment... it was done to make the former Sheriff look bad. Certain people involved in this case (pubic or private) have been trying to make him look bad for years and years and years. He will come out smelling like a rose, he always has and always will. Like I previously said there is an explanation for every charge that was filed and Marvin has yet to speak for himself...

You're right. I've misspelled Marvin's name repeatedly. I'm sorry if that has offended you or anyone else.

I often neglect spell checking. With proper names I tend to write what I hear and speak. I've always heard the Lipfird name as Lipferd. The 'fird' part pronounced like 'bird'. In the same way I mispronounce the word 'for' saying 'fer', though I know better and do write the word correctly, I don't always remember to spell proper names correctly.

I don't know about any vendettas to make Marvin look bad. Any political position, especially in law enforcement, is going to make enemies. It would be unlikely that anyone serving in a public office hasn't made some enemies. I'm certain Marvin can and will speak for himself with respect to the charges against him.

There is no fairness in the Justice System, beyond a fair trial. Once the trial is over, whether the verdict is returned guilty or innocent, the public court of opinion weighs in. Whatever the outcome of the indictment, people will be people and hold their own personal beliefs about the fairness our unfairness of it all.

The best anyone can hope for when faced with a criminal indictment is a speedy and fair trial.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby gonegone » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:21 am

I do know one thing that took him down is the fight over the $500K which they should have never had to begin with. No way should anyone be brought from another state to Ky and tried for something they did in the other state and then let go after they were robbed of $500K. Brother Marvin may have to pay back for a lot of wrongs.
gonegone

Postby Briscoe » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:40 am

gonegone wrote:I do know one thing that took him down is the fight over the $500K which they should have never had to begin with. No way should anyone be brought from another state to Ky and tried for something they did in the other state and then let go after they were robbed of $500K. Brother Marvin may have to pay back for a lot of wrongs.

that 500k has been good for nothing. they should spend every dime of it on the needy people of the county and be done with it.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby upallnight » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:55 am

No one believes that he used county funds for a dating website.
upallnight

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:10 pm

April Showers wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

You dumb ass, didn't you see where she said how long she has known him and his entire family... Close as kin!!! If she says it's Lipford, then bygawd, it is LIPFORD!!!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:49 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
April Showers wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

You dumb ass, didn't you see where she said how long she has known him and his entire family... Close as kin!!! If she says it's Lipford, then bygawd, it is LIPFORD!!!

Read the post dummy. I spelled Marvin's name correctly, and incorrectly in the same post. I'm aware that your brain doesn't function normally, seeing only what it's programmed to see 100% of the time. That's not how the normal brain works. But then again there's no way for you to know that is there?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

PreviousNext

Return to BREAKING NEWS