Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Please use this forum for late breaking news only. Developing news stories such as traffic accidents, fires, severe weather, road conditions, crime in progress, and things of that nature should be posted here.

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:32 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Their is a overlap between state and federal mine inspectors. They both perform the same job.


Federal Inspectors that can cite safety violations and recommend a process to abate them, are allowed to inspect twice a year. We all know that the bigger companies get the heads up on these inspections in time to clean up the most egregious safety violations they've either ignored or put on a back burner.

Removing the enforcement component from State Inspectors that cite thise violations, is equivalent to giving the go light to ignore them. Additionally, it will add more opportuniity blame shifting. There's no doubt in my mind, relagating State Mine Inspectors to a duty of "analyzing" safety concerns without the authority to abate them, will result in more mining accidents and fatalities.

There's a reason safety regulations were promulgated in the first place. They're there to protect miners and company personnel from the devastation of preventable accidents.

Charles Snavely is a career coal company man. I personally know of the pressure put on the Charles Snavely's of the world to meet production demands set by corporate. The only thing that concerns corporate is the bottom line. If there is a way to cut corners to increase the bottom line, they will do it. The safety of those meeting bottom line demands is secondary. The health and welfare of those that will lose a bread winner when the demand for production, takes precendent over the safety of the life of one of them is not corporate's primary concern. Making their stock holders happy theur first and foremost concern.

No...nothing anyone can say about reducing the oversight of safety precautions for those whose lives depend on them, can convince me it's morally, or even financially responsible. Plain and simple; Short cutting safety in one of the world's most dangerous jobs will lead to mining disasters that are preventable, and will cost coal companies far more in the long run. It's a politically motivated immoral answer to bring prosperity to a few, at the expense of many.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10128
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:43 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Their is a overlap between state and federal mine inspectors. They both perform the same job.

I can't wait for some chicken shit never been within a hundred yards of a coal mine to explain all this and correct us ignorant fuckers about mining...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
User avatar
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl
 
Posts: 15725
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side Of The Moon

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:30 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Their is a overlap between state and federal mine inspectors. They both perform the same job.


I can't wait for some chicken shit never been within a hundred yards of a coal mine to explain all this and correct us ignorant fuckers about mining...


Well Einstein, I have been more than 100 yards of a deep mine. In fact more than a mile ideep nto more than one. Close up and personal, less than 20 yards from the face. Work I work in one? Maybe at one tome I would have, but now? Hell no! I've seen and know too much to risk what little life I have left. In fact, I never intend to visit another one. The least I can do is respect the safety for the lives of those willing to take that risk to earn a living.

I don't feel the need to educate anyone about the importance of mine safety. That's what required training, and mine rescue is for. What I do feel the need to do is speak out when mine safety is threatened by lawmakers bought and paid for by the coal industry. I still have relatives working underground. And I sure as hell don't want any avoidable mining accident or explosion to take them away from me prematurely!


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10128
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Pappy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Their is a overlap between state and federal mine inspectors. They both perform the same job.


I can't wait for some chicken shit never been within a hundred yards of a coal mine to explain all this and correct us ignorant fuckers about mining...


Well Einstein, I have been more than 100 yards of a deep mine. In fact more than a mile ideep nto more than one. Close up and personal, less than 20 yards from the face. Work I work in one? Maybe at one tome I would have, but now? Hell no! I've seen and know too much to risk what little life I have left. In fact, I never intend to visit another one. The least I can do is respect the safety for the lives of those willing to take that risk to earn a living.

I don't feel the need to educate anyone about the importance of mine safety. That's what required training, and mine rescue is for. What I do feel the need to do is speak out when mine safety is threatened by lawmakers bought and paid for by the coal industry. I still have relatives working underground. And I sure as hell don't want any avoidable mining accident or explosion to take them away from me prematurely!

AWG knows a lot about Mines hes the chief Gob Hog of mining get him Cate.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Their is a overlap between state and federal mine inspectors. They both perform the same job.


I can't wait for some chicken shit never been within a hundred yards of a coal mine to explain all this and correct us ignorant fuckers about mining...


Well Einstein, I have been more than 100 yards of a deep mine. In fact more than a mile ideep nto more than one. Close up and personal, less than 20 yards from the face. Work I work in one? Maybe at one tome I would have, but now? Hell no! I've seen and know too much to risk what little life I have left. In fact, I never intend to visit another one. The least I can do is respect the safety for the lives of those willing to take that risk to earn a living.

I don't feel the need to educate anyone about the importance of mine safety. That's what required training, and mine rescue is for. What I do feel the need to do is speak out when mine safety is threatened by lawmakers bought and paid for by the coal industry. I still have relatives working underground. And I sure as hell don't want any avoidable mining accident or explosion to take them away from me prematurely!


Someone needs to educate you about respect and decency. Can't your dumb ass statements and insane rhetoric for your Marxist agenda and about what you would or wouldn't do wait until the man is buried? Do you think maybe some of this man's family and friend read this? Dumb ass twit.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:35 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Someone needs to educate you about respect and decency. Can't your dumb ass statements and insane rhetoric for your Marxist agenda and about what you would or wouldn't do wait until the man is buried? Do you think maybe some of this man's family and friend read this? Dumb ass twit.


I hope they do. Nothing anyone can do or say can replace their loss. The ONLY thing I can do is ask that those that are still at risk be mindful to be proactive to minimize their risk. I'm 100% sure this man's family would agree 100%.
It's pretty damn obvious there's nothing this man could have singularily done to prevent the rib roll that took his life.

Anybody that has ever cared anything at all about a coal miner or his family, lives with the constant knowledge when they leave for a days work, it may be the last time they will ever see them alive.

You obviously think the loved ones this man left behind doesn't deserve to question what went wrong. Whether or not his death was preventable? Maybe you think everyone that loses someone they love should accept it as 'God''s Will' and never question anything. Someone needs to kick your ass and bring you into the real world of pain and suffering. Maybe then you might have compassion for those that are suffering with loss. Maybe then you wouldn't be so quick to judge how others give respect.

I personally don't give a rat's ass what you believe to be my agenda. I do care a great deal about people that must challenge the odds on a daily basis taking risk, that 99.9% of the rest of the world wouldn't dream of taking. That's the decent part of me. Something you pretend you know something about, but have no real respect for.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10128
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:31 am

Clueless piece of shit.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:Clueless piece of shit.


And Happy Easter to you too, Mr. Respect N. Decency.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10128
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Gopher » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Name calling detracts from your argument!
User avatar
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:51 pm

Gopher wrote:Name calling detracts from your argument!


That's the point I'm trying to make, shouldn't be arguing before the man is even buried. That was the only way to get Cate's attention away from herself.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Pappy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:
Gopher wrote:Name calling detracts from your argument!


That's the point I'm trying to make, shouldn't be arguing before the man is even buried. That was the only way to get Cate's attention away from herself.

Hit her with your Purse Gurt but take that roll of nickles out 1st.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:48 am

Regulation is needed in the mining industry, but how much is over regulated? I can't say because I don't know squat about mining.
CrissyAlwaysSunny
 
Posts: 1336
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 am

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 pm

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:Regulation is needed in the mining industry, but how much is over regulated? I can't say because I don't know squat about mining.


How much do you think you need to know about mine safety to figure out reducing 75% of the power to enforce it, is effectively ignoring mine safety?

What would you think if Governor Bevins proposed that local law enforcement could only observe and "analyse" public safety but could no longer cite violations of the law, or enforce it? Proposing and getting laws passed that only the State Police could issue citations, make arrest and bring violators of the law to court to stand trial? How do you think that might impact public safety?


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10128
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:36 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:Regulation is needed in the mining industry, but how much is over regulated? I can't say because I don't know squat about mining.


How much do you think you need to know about mine safety to figure out reducing 75% of the power to enforce it, is effectively ignoring mine safety?

What would you think if Governor Bevins proposed that local law enforcement could only observe and "analyse" public safety but could no longer cite violations of the law, or enforce it? Proposing and getting laws passed that only the State Police could issue citations, make arrest and bring violators of the law to court to stand trial? How do you think that might impact public safety?


Well I think it would impact safety very much.
CrissyAlwaysSunny
 
Posts: 1336
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 am

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:17 pm

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:Regulation is needed in the mining industry, but how much is over regulated? I can't say because I don't know squat about mining.

State mine inspections were a joke... Just a bunch of useless government jobs... When the guardshack used to call the mine office where I worked, to say an inspector was on the property, the only thing I asked was "state or federal"... If they said state no further action was required...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
User avatar
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl
 
Posts: 15725
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side Of The Moon

PreviousNext

Return to BREAKING NEWS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest