Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Please use this forum for late breaking news only. Developing news stories such as traffic accidents, fires, severe weather, road conditions, crime in progress, and things of that nature should be posted here.

Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:50 am

One miner was killed at Lone Mountain when a pillar rib failed. Also known as a rib roll.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby upallnight » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:51 am

I read about the decrease in accidents and deaths in mining, but I suppose that's associated with the decrease in mining.
upallnight

Postby ScArEcRoW » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:52 am

Tragic News.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:56 am

My condolences and prayers go out to the family.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GoDan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:59 am

Puts a damper on Good Friday. So sad.
GoDan

Postby Legion » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:02 am

May our Lord bless and comfort his family during this time of grief.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:09 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:One miner was killed at Lone Mountain when a pillar rib failed. Also known as a rib roll.

Bad business that, you never hear the shot that kills you...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:02 pm

I'll wait on an official update before posting speculation. I've been told 10 different stories.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:06 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I'll wait on an official update before posting speculation. I've been told 10 different stories.

Couldn't find anything in the news about it.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ScArEcRoW » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:54 pm

ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:09 pm

ScArEcRoW wrote:
Fatality reported at Harlan County coal mine

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Harlan-County-miner-killed-on-the-job-373552131.html

Let's wait and see if Charles Snavely, (Matt Bevin's recent appointment to head Kentucky's Energy and Environment Cabinet) finds any Lone Mountain (controlled by Arch Coal) safety violations relative to the death of this miner.

My money says that Snavely (the recent president of Eastern U.S. Operations for Arch Coal, Inc.), will not find a single violation. Any takers?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
ScArEcRoW wrote:
Fatality reported at Harlan County coal mine

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Harlan-County-miner-killed-on-the-job-373552131.html

Let's wait and see if Charles Snavely, (Matt Bevin's recent appointment to head Kentucky's Energy and Environment Cabinet) finds any Lone Mountain (controlled by Arch Coal) safety violations relative to the death of this miner.

My money says that Snavely (the recent president of Eastern U.S. Operations for Arch Coal, Inc.), will not find a single violation. Any takers?

If any of you have family still working in the mines, I strongly suggest you get involved in voicing your opinion of Kentucky's SB 297 that passed in Kentucky's Republican controlled Senate, and is now going to the Democrat controlled state House of Representatives for passage.

The Bill removes enforcement of mining safety violations from Kentucky's State Mine Inspectors. It reduces the number State Inspectors to safety analysis duties only, without any teeth at all to enforce or correct or abate safety violations they find. Presently State mine inspectors are required to visit operating mines 6 times a year, while federal mine inspectors are required to visit twice a year. Both State and Federal Mine Inspections can and do issue safety violation notices with the power to enforce penalties. Using mine State mine inspectors for safety analysis will result in little or no penalties for safety violations, as current enforcement avenues would be cut 75%.

I just read that this is the second mining death in KY. This is not a good harbinger of what the rest of the year holds for mining fatalities, as this recent death has already tied the total number of mining deaths for Kentucky last year.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm not at all surprised Cate would use the news of this man's death to politicize her Marxist agenda. No class.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:32 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:I'm not at all surprised Cate would use the news of this man's death to politicize her Marxist agenda. No class.

Lord Have Mercy! You are an astonishingly petty man Gurt!

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:41 am

Their is a overlap between state and federal mine inspectors. They both perform the same job.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Next

Return to BREAKING NEWS