Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Please use this forum for late breaking news only. Developing news stories such as traffic accidents, fires, severe weather, road conditions, crime in progress, and things of that nature should be posted here.

Re: Fatality reported at Lone Mountain

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:Regulation is needed in the mining industry, but how much is over regulated? I can't say because I don't know squat about mining.

State mine inspections were a joke... Just a bunch of useless government jobs... When the guardshack used to call the mine office where I worked, to say an inspector was on the property, the only thing I asked was "state or federal"... If they said state no further action was required...

The fish rots from the head down. Giving plenty of notice to get rid of it before it stinks up the entire shop.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby gonegone » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:06 pm

I agree, state never cost any money for violations, so the company never minded them. Feds on the other hand fined you for not wiping good enough. Also, I believe ole Cate has come back from the past as a new name.
gonegone

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:Regulation is needed in the mining industry, but how much is over regulated? I can't say because I don't know squat about mining.

State mine inspections were a joke... Just a bunch of useless government jobs... When the guardshack used to call the mine office where I worked, to say an inspector was on the property, the only thing I asked was "state or federal"... If they said state no further action was required...

I'll tell you what's not a joke. The fact that the Huff Creek Lone Mountain mines has had 4 in less than 14 years. That's an average of one man miner's death every 42 months at that mines.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:52 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:

I'll tell you what's not a joke. The fact that the Huff Creek Lone Mountain mines has had 4 in less than 14 years. That's an average of one man miner's death every 42 months at that mines.

Meant to say '4 fatalities in less than 14 years'. No wonder I have trouble with proof reading before posting. Just thinking about this topic upsets me.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:48 am

U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration faults the company for failing to put adequate procedures in place for propping up suspended equipment that killed a Webster County Kentucky miner last year.

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/news/ap/a ... d9079.html

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Previous

Return to BREAKING NEWS