Beshear signs executive order regarding felons voting right

Please use this forum for late breaking news only. Developing news stories such as traffic accidents, fires, severe weather, road conditions, crime in progress, and things of that nature should be posted here.

Re: Beshear signs executive order regarding felons voting ri

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Most of them won't vote anyway.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GoDan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:22 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I had posted this previously but will again. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science study shows that of felons in states where they have the right to vote register Democrat 6 to 1. It also shows that 73 percent of convicts who turn out for presidential elections would vote Democrat. Someone will post on how it was the right thing to do and bla bla bla. We know exactly why Beshear did it.

That seems exagerated.
GoDan

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:05 pm

GoDan wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I had posted this previously but will again. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science study shows that of felons in states where they have the right to vote register Democrat 6 to 1. It also shows that 73 percent of convicts who turn out for presidential elections would vote Democrat. Someone will post on how it was the right thing to do and bla bla bla. We know exactly why Beshear did it.

That seems exagerated.

To you maybe, you're one of the ones that will benefit by it...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Beshear is a useless prick... He ain't done shit his whole time in office, why in the fuck is he trying to now.?? I suspect it is for favors, or Gregg Stumbo threated to kick his ass...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Demon Hunter » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 pm

In 2010 Kentucky ranked 3rd regarding convicted felons walking the street with 250,000. It's an astonishing number when you consider were a state of 4 million residents. This is directly related to the big Republican win in the general election.
Demon Hunter

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:16 am

Based on those numbers from 2010 every 1 out of 16 people were convicted felons. Fast forward 5 years and that number has increased.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:50 am

Since the Govenor has extended voting rights to a class of non-violent criminals, I'm wondering if he has time to do something about the divorce rate? Maybe a Lease to own type marriage contract EO? Not to replace the traditional marriage agreement, but to give an option to couples not tied to tradition. It would resolve the gay marriage issue and kept traditional marriage as is.

Couples could choose from having stepped levels of commitment. Like a 3, 5, 10 or 20 year contract. Here's how it could work;

All non- traditional Marriage Contracts would dissolve within an agreed upon specified time and have an option to extend - Couple's married for X number of years, no kids, no assets, no liabilities the contact automatically dissolves unless officially renewed. If kids and assets are present contract automatically dissolves unless renewed with the of the Contract applying; i.e., Custody of the kids, distribution of any assets and distribtion of liabilities.

No need for lengthy, painful divorces that benefit lawyers. No custody fitness fights. No assets and liability fights. No limbo period keeping one or the other bound to anything but the terms of the agreement. If one or the other of the couple violates the terms of the contract, they simply appear pro-se before a court and get a legal dispostion from the Judge to follow that follow the terms of the contract.

In this way couples could choose how much of their life they are willing to commit to somebody they haven't shared a lengthy relationship with. If after a couple of commitment renewals, the couple wants to commit longer or end the commitment all together the only thing they are out are the licensing renewal fees.

It's a win-win. Anybody could choose it. It would diminish the divorce rate. Free up the court system. Identify upfront terms of dissolvement. Most of all it would solve the problem of the abuse of traditional marriage based solely on religious belief.

I know this kind of pragmatic proposal is probably not going anywhere. Divorce is as commonly accepted as a part of traditional marriage these days. It wasn't meant to be so, but nonetheless it's a fact.

Any thoughts.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby upallnight » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:58 am

Puff Puff Pass Cate! Don't be boguarding all the weed.
upallnight

Postby den » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Pappy you may sell your vote but I for one have never sold mine an never will! Dennis Johnson
den

Postby Legion » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:43 pm

That's a crazy idea Cate lol. But I see what your saying regarding divorce. It should be reversed. It should cost 500 to get married instead of divorced.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 pm

den wrote:Pappy you may sell your vote but I for one have never sold mine an never will! Dennis Johnson

Its my Vote and ill sell it to whom I please Dennis. :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Legion wrote:That's a crazy idea Cate lol. But I see what your saying regarding divorce. It should be reversed. It should cost 500 to get married instead of divorced.

If that were true you would have been broke long ago. :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Pappy wrote:
den wrote:Pappy you may sell your vote but I for one have never sold mine an never will! Dennis Johnson

Its my Vote and ill sell it to whom I please Dennis. :lol:

We Democrats never lose our Vote,our Candidates my lose but we got something out of voting 1/2 pint shine. :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Gopher » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:22 pm

I want to see something in writing. Does it allow people convicted of a PFO vote?
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:32 am

They have gays, and convicted felons. Add pedophiles to the list and the Democrat party has the complete set of immoral characters.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to BREAKING NEWS