Ebola Virus Victims In USA

Please use this forum for late breaking news only. Developing news stories such as traffic accidents, fires, severe weather, road conditions, crime in progress, and things of that nature should be posted here.

Ebola Virus Victims In USA

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:12 am

CNN reported two critically ill American victims of the Ebola Virus have been flown from Liberia into Atlanta, GA. for treatment at Emory University Hospital.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/health/ebola-outbreak/

The video clip shows the plane, but not the Airlines. This is a highly infectious viral lethal disease. The boldest strain can be transmitted under certain conditions (vapor mist) and kills within 9 days of contact. Once the virus kills it's host it returns to dormancy, but can regain life upon finding the right conditions to infect another host.

If you are planning a trip to Emory or Atlanta, be aware that although precautions are allegedly being taken, should there be an outbreak, it takes 3 to 6 months to contain it.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: Ebola Virus Victims In USA

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:36 am

The FAA needs to ban all flights from the infected countries to the U.S. I can't understand the logic of bring Ebola patients into the United States. It is funny that I mentioned Ebola entering from the border, but had no idea out government would be the one delivering it.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:07 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The FAA needs to ban all flights from the infected countries to the U.S. I can't understand the logic of bring Ebola patients into the United States. It is funny that I mentioned Ebola entering from the border, but had no idea out government would be the one delivering it.

Yes. Coincidence you mentioned it. The two they brought in are Americans that were working to contain the largest outbreak so far. Both in critical condition. Just stay out of Atlanta airport for awhile.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:00 am

It's not a Coincidence, I'm Psychic!
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:It's not a Coincidence, I'm Psychic!

That makes one of us. :|

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:It's not a Coincidence, I'm Psychic!

That makes one of us. :|

Tainted Cucumbers cause Ebola.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Gopher » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Don't you mean Salmonella?
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Pappy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Gopher wrote:Don't you mean Salmonella?

That also. :lol: :lol:Cate knows what I mean shes careful to warsh em though. :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby goat47 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Isn’t “The Walking Dead” filmed in Georgia? This reminds me of something straight out of ’28 Days Later’ or something… has the entire world gone mad? Is this how ‘it’ begins? Sure, lets have an ebola party down in Atlanta…This is how the worlds population will be reduced within a very short period of TIME, by way of “VIRUS” its quick, its cheep, and if you have the road map then the obvious end of the line, as in “TERMINUS.” the End of the Line of what was in Atlanta, oddly not far from Emory. We’ll start with the cities that begin with ‘A’…. Baltimore and Boston, you’re just ahead! Chicago, wait your turn! They’ll soon hit Denver but all the NWO will be underground anyways! Is it time to move to Youngstown?
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:01 pm

I first read the book ("The Hot Zone") about the Ebola Virus 20 years ago. It was so engrossing I took a personal day from work to finish the book. Later the movie "Outbreak" came out. Never got around to seeing it. That virus scares the crap outta me.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:50 pm

goat47 wrote:Isn’t “The Walking Dead” filmed in Georgia? This reminds me of something straight out of ’28 Days Later’ or something… has the entire world gone mad? Is this how ‘it’ begins? Sure, lets have an ebola party down in Atlanta…This is how the worlds population will be reduced within a very short period of TIME, by way of “VIRUS” its quick, its cheep, and if you have the road map then the obvious end of the line, as in “TERMINUS.” the End of the Line of what was in Atlanta, oddly not far from Emory. We’ll start with the cities that begin with ‘A’…. Baltimore and Boston, you’re just ahead! Chicago, wait your turn! They’ll soon hit Denver but all the NWO will be underground anyways! Is it time to move to Youngstown?

It's good to see another Walking Dead fan. Your comments made me laugh, and think.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:20 am

Might be a good time for all you devout money makers with stock portfolios, to look into DuPont. Amazon's Military Supply department sells their protective NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) suits. The first outbreak here will have those suits flying off the shelves. Even if there's never an outbreak, it's likely some heavily invested financial institution with Capitol Hill crony connections, will convince one of them to stage a "leak". :shock:

Oh yea. I see a few some bodies capitalizing on mass fear. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:26 pm

goat47 wrote:Isn’t “The Walking Dead” filmed in Georgia? This reminds me of something straight out of ’28 Days Later’ or something… has the entire world gone mad? Is this how ‘it’ begins? Sure, lets have an ebola party down in Atlanta…This is how the worlds population will be reduced within a very short period of TIME, by way of “VIRUS” its quick, its cheep, and if you have the road map then the obvious end of the line, as in “TERMINUS.” the End of the Line of what was in Atlanta, oddly not far from Emory. We’ll start with the cities that begin with ‘A’…. Baltimore and Boston, you’re just ahead! Chicago, wait your turn! They’ll soon hit Denver but all the NWO will be underground anyways! Is it time to move to Youngstown?

I can't wait for the new season.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby goat47 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:

It's good to see another Walking Dead fan. Your comments made me laugh, and think.

I laughed as I was writing it, but iIt does have an err of truth in it.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Rip Torn » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Hang on to your hats because we've not seen anything yet.
Rip Torn

Next

Return to BREAKING NEWS