blackbear at jailhouse garden

Please use this forum for late breaking news only. Developing news stories such as traffic accidents, fires, severe weather, road conditions, crime in progress, and things of that nature should be posted here.

Re: blackbear at jailhouse garden

Postby wing_lady » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:24 am

If a 500 pound bear came running at me and then stood up I'am
sure I would see at least 7 or 8 feet staring at me and run like
the dickings to the nearest tree
or die on the spot from fright!!![/quote]

Don't do that...them suckers can get up a tree quicker than a flash of light!!!! If you are close to your vehicle, get in it, just don't turn your back and run. While easing towards your vehicle yell and wave your arms, make all the noise you can to startle it and most likely it will run away. If it don't try getting a big stick all the while yelling and shouting at it. If it charges try to protect your head, that is where they aim for from most reports of attacks that I have read. We have been lucky around here to not have had a bear attack before now and I am afraid that there are many of us that do not know exactly how we would react if we cross paths with a bear in the wild.[/quote]
I would probably wrestle it myself.Me being the man i am.... :lol: .....RUN. ;)[/quote]

I would save you JR, aint no bear gonna get our Wabbit!!! :D
Don't feed the bears, no matter what they tell you!!! A fed bear is a dead bear!!!!

LIVE WELL.....LOVE MUCH....LAUGH OFTEN....
wing_lady

Postby wing_lady » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:27 am

Evartscat82 wrote:
Hillape wrote:It was probably after the Garbage left from this weekend on verda field. They are attracted to anywhere human have been and are looking for anything they can find easy.

Bear seen on Weds. when this post was started and ends up being because of Garbage from this weekend which was all picked up Sat. evening and Sunday afternoon. :? Makes sense I guess for some people :roll:

Sounds like the ones that claim bear baiting when folks up at the park don't HAVE to bait them. The cans in place now, ceptin the new bear proof ones which there aren't enough of, well the Rubbermaid cans is so quick and easy for them to get garbage from, they just shove and there ya go kids, dinner.
Don't feed the bears, no matter what they tell you!!! A fed bear is a dead bear!!!!

LIVE WELL.....LOVE MUCH....LAUGH OFTEN....
wing_lady

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Maybe he was escaping from the jail... lol
Unbridled Spirit

Postby RAP » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:23 pm

wing_lady wrote:If a 500 pound bear came running at me and then stood up I'am
sure I would see at least 7 or 8 feet staring at me and run like
the dickings to the nearest tree
or die on the spot from fright!!!

Don't do that...them suckers can get up a tree quicker than a flash of light!!!! If you are close to your vehicle, get in it, just don't turn your back and run. While easing towards your vehicle yell and wave your arms, make all the noise you can to startle it and most likely it will run away. If it don't try getting a big stick all the while yelling and shouting at it. If it charges try to protect your head, that is where they aim for from most reports of attacks that I have read. We have been lucky around here to not have had a bear attack before now and I am afraid that there are many of us that do not know exactly how we would react if we cross paths with a bear in the wild.[/quote]
I would probably wrestle it myself.Me being the man i am.... :lol: .....RUN. ;)[/quote]
I still say as big a coward as I am I would fly like the wind without thinking but I have never been one to panic so I might just do what JR said and wrestle it down because my sense of self preservation is very strong and when it kicks in I have done some crazy things. Just hope good sense kicks in
and I remember what WL said and then help her save our Wabbit. LOL

I would save you JR, aint no bear gonna get our Wabbit!!! :D[/quote]
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby KJ » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:00 pm

I SEED :mrgreen: A BIG GRIZZ & A LION KING FIGHTING OVER A MATTER AT THE JAIL GARDEN MONDAY :P :P
KJ

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:22 am

sounds like everyone in the eastern ky should go and learn some things about the bears, they are great for kentucky,and i'm glad there back in ky.Make your self look big,and make alot of noise andyou will scar them off.

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:23 pm

The latest sighting of a bear I hear of was in Dayhoit at White Star Hollow on an old mining road. One of my friends was out four wheeling and ran up on it. It ran the opposite direction and she said she never looked back to see where it went, she go out of there so fast. I think this is the second bear sighting seen in that very location just recently.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:45 pm

jesyjamestwo wrote:i was comming from harlan about 5pm today an saw a black bear running through the jailhouse garden it was going toward river at a gallop( i thought i was seing things hahahaha i slowed down an looked at it good hahahaha) it was bout 3/4 grown looked like very nerve racking to know sumthing that deadly is so close..

Quick Jack Rabbit get back up there and protect our Tater Crop
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:03 am

LOL @ Pappy. I talked to Jack Rabbit the other day and all is going well.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Previous

Return to BREAKING NEWS