blackbear at jailhouse garden

Please use this forum for late breaking news only. Developing news stories such as traffic accidents, fires, severe weather, road conditions, crime in progress, and things of that nature should be posted here.

blackbear at jailhouse garden

Postby jesyjamestwo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:39 pm

i was comming from harlan about 5pm today an saw a black bear running through the jailhouse garden it was going toward river at a gallop( i thought i was seing things hahahaha i slowed down an looked at it good hahahaha) it was bout 3/4 grown looked like very nerve racking to know sumthing that deadly is so close..
jesyjamestwo

Re: blackbear at jailhouse garden

Postby Its Me Rabbit » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Probably wanted a Tater,,bwhahahahahahaha :lol:
Its Me Rabbit

Postby Karen » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Its Me Rabbit wrote:Probably wanted a Tater,,bwhahahahahahaha :lol:

Or, some bears lettuce
Karen
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:36 pm

might be going fishing,lol

Postby yikes » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:23 pm

wow, For the past 2 nights I have saw ppl camped out there on the river bank, fishing. I bet they don't know that. That is way to close.
yikes

Postby Deer Hunter » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:05 am

Harlan County is getting a lot of Black Bear Pine mountain is full of them they are 3 of them on the ATV park i seen them :shock: one look to be around 600 pounds seed it on the reclam at Balls Knob the other 2 was at AGES Brookside reclam they look to be around 300 pounds that was one of them it was Searching for water and Food they are very pretty animals and Remember the Kentucky dept of fish & wildlife said to Stay as faraway from them and PLEASE DO NOT FEED THEM they are Dangerous animals and they can kill you with one swipe of there paul
Deer Hunter

Postby graveyard » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:37 am

there was one over at resthaven cemetary a couple days ago that they ran off. they said it was around 500 pounds and would be about 7 ft tall if it was standing up
graveyard

Postby EYE » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:28 pm

graveyard wrote:there was one over at resthaven cemetary a couple days ago that they ran off. they said it was around 500 pounds and would be about 7 ft tall if it was standing up

That is quite large for a Black Bear...
EYE

Postby katie2009 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:23 pm

we had one that was coming in our yard for several weeks.. i called the game warden and they said to keep up the garbage and dog food and he would leave if he couldn't find food they also said that if they were annoying to just throw fire crackers out toward him and he would leave but not to shoot him unless we had too
katie2009

Postby fordman30 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:34 pm

A couple months ago, the fish and game boys killed what the newspaper called "The biggest black bear ever recorded in Ky". It was 510 lbs. and that is very big for a blackie. They are very common in the Blanton forest area (around Watts' creek) and this one was killed right down the hill from Blanton forest on Carglass Rd. If you get a chance to hike the forest, you will no doubt see bear sign just about anywhere you go.
fordman30

Postby Hillape » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 pm

It was probably after the Garbage left from this weekend on verda field. They are attracted to anywhere human have been and are looking for anything they can find easy.
Hillape

Postby RAP » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:06 pm

EYE wrote:
graveyard wrote:there was one over at resthaven cemetary a couple days ago that they ran off. they said it was around 500 pounds and would be about 7 ft tall if it was standing up

If a 500 pound bear came running at me and then stood up I'am
sure I would see at least 7 or 8 feet staring at me and run like
the dickings to the nearest tree or die on the spot from fright!!!
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby wing_lady » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:26 pm

RAPBTP wrote:
EYE wrote:

the dickings to the nearest tree
or die on the spot from fright!!!

Don't do that...them suckers can get up a tree quicker than a flash of light!!!! If you are close to your vehicle, get in it, just don't turn your back and run. While easing towards your vehicle yell and wave your arms, make all the noise you can to startle it and most likely it will run away. If it don't try getting a big stick all the while yelling and shouting at it. If it charges try to protect your head, that is where they aim for from most reports of attacks that I have read. We have been lucky around here to not have had a bear attack before now and I am afraid that there are many of us that do not know exactly how we would react if we cross paths with a bear in the wild.
Don't feed the bears, no matter what they tell you!!! A fed bear is a dead bear!!!!

LIVE WELL.....LOVE MUCH....LAUGH OFTEN....
wing_lady

Postby Jack Rabbit » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:19 am

wing_lady wrote:
RAPBTP wrote:

the dickings to the nearest tree
or die on the spot from fright!!!

Don't do that...them suckers can get up a tree quicker than a flash of light!!!! If you are close to your vehicle, get in it, just don't turn your back and run. While easing towards your vehicle yell and wave your arms, make all the noise you can to startle it and most likely it will run away. If it don't try getting a big stick all the while yelling and shouting at it. If it charges try to protect your head, that is where they aim for from most reports of attacks that I have read. We have been lucky around here to not have had a bear attack before now and I am afraid that there are many of us that do not know exactly how we would react if we cross paths with a bear in the wild.

I would probably wrestle it myself.Me being the man i am.... :lol: .....RUN. ;)
Jack Rabbit

Postby Rango » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:56 am

Hillape wrote:It was probably after the Garbage left from this weekend on verda field. They are attracted to anywhere human have been and are looking for anything they can find easy.

Bear seen on Weds. when this post was started and ends up being because of Garbage from this weekend which was all picked up Sat. evening and Sunday afternoon. :? Makes sense I guess for some people :roll:
Rango
(no custom rank chosen)

Next

Return to BREAKING NEWS