Adultery/Cheating

In order to access this forum you must first have 150 posts or more. Members from the old board who had access will now have access by default, upon request (see access request forum).

Adultery/Cheating

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Adultery/Cheating- Comments??

Was reading the Jesse James topic and this came to mind.
I would like to hear everyone's opinions/comments, and if you have ever been in this situation.
Unbridled Spirit

Re: Adultery/Cheating

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Unbridled Spirit wrote:Adultery/Cheating- Comments??

Was reading the Jesse James topic and this came to mind.
I would like to hear everyone's opinions/comments, and if you have ever been in this situation.

He figured he'd get away with it because she is so cockeyed he didn't think she was looking at him...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 am

Never been in that situation since I have been married and I hope I never am, saying that, now I will say this...We can all say what we 'would' do if it happened but until you are in that position no one really knows what they would do. My anger would control the initial reaction and probably for a while after that but I can't say "I would kick him out and never look back" because I don't know.

If it was just a one time thing or if it was a long term affair would make a difference to me. It would depend on many different variables, when people really love each other and want to make it work then they find a way to resolve the problems that come along and rebuild the trust that was lost, people don't stay married for 50+ years without some effort behind. We are all human and are capable of making mistakes.

I can't say I would forgive my spouse if he did it, I am saying I would look at the situation and decide the best course of action after the initial anger and hurt subsided. Knee jerk reaction is.....He would be gone! Truthful answer....no one knows until we deal with it ourselves.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, US, I am really shocked more people have commented on this topic.....
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 pm

Me too DF! Makes ya wonder... lol

My opinion is alot like yours. You never know what you might do in any situation. I also think that goes for the adulterer. We could stand and say "I would never cheat on someone." However, situations and life happens. Noone is immune to temptation.
For anyone to say they would automatically throw someone out for cheating is unrealistic. There are so many things to consider such as children, finances, etc. that your right DF- we never know what we may do in that situation...
Unbridled Spirit

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:05 pm

I know...must have a lot of adulterers on here afraid to comment! LOL

Just joking y'all before someone decides to take offense to that.

:P
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:09 pm

DarkFairy wrote:I know...must have a lot of adulterers on here afraid to comment! LOL

LOL. Sorta like the topic where people seem overly offended about how many dates it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop. (vagina)
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:10 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
DarkFairy wrote:I know...must have a lot of adulterers on here afraid to comment! LOL

LOL. Sorta like the topic where people seem overly offended about how many dates it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop. (vagina)

OMG!! LOL ONLY you would post that!
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:11 pm

There all too busy scanning this post for their names! LOL
Just joking too! lol
Unbridled Spirit

Postby RAP » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Ok guys I could give you some stories that would curl your toes with all the dirt of my past but not going to do it. Suffice to say, been there done that, suffered the pains of the damed and gave as much as I was sent. Pure revenge and dragging myself down to the level of that which I was fighting against. Never again!!!!! I am better than that and no one is worth it. But as far as the right or wrong of it. It is the worse thing that can be done to another human being without cutting their heart out I know. That is why it is the only grounds for divorce that is approved by God. Malachi 2:13-16 with the wife of your youth may no one deal treacherously, for he has hated a divorcing. If you read the whole thing you can see why this statment was maid. Also when Jesus was on the earth he stated it very plainly.At Matthew 19:9
I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of fornication, and marries another commits aduultery.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Wild » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:29 am

RAP that says it all but in these days most do not consider that at all. Most are not with the woman of their youth, little alone the woman of thier last few days. men and women are looking for the "one" but when they cheat they are really saying they are not worthy of the other persons love. Weither that persons love is below their own or above it when they cheat they are looking for something they might have already gotten and not realized it.

Cheaters are always looking for the perfect mate in their lives. They may have already received that mate in their lives and just did not work hard enough to keep it. Love takes work and time. It is not over night nor even in a couple of dates. Most live in a disposable world now days. This includes their sexual and emotional loves. They do not work to keep thier love alive and well, they will just go on to the next best thing not realizing that it is called the "next" best thing for a reason. They had done left the "best" in thier lives.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Kelli » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:07 pm

I guess its just not something I have ever had to think about in my marriage..... I believe with everything in me that I will never have to worry about my husband cheating on me. Nor will he ever have to worry about me cheating on him. I have seen how lying and cheating and sneaking around keeping secrets has destroyed marriages and to me it just would not be worth all that pain and heartache. Everyone at some point in their relationship (married or not) meets another person who it is easier to talk to than their partner... too many people mistake this for "love" and will ruin their relationship thinking the grass is greener... it does not always work out that way. The key thing that every relationship needs to be successful is communication, trust is important but you can't depend on trust alone.
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis
Kelli
GFunk Is My Pimp

Postby DarkFairy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Tohotforharlan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

you down with opp yeah you know me, I'm down With OPP. LOL wow you took it way back with that one LoL
My give a damn's busted!! Not yours!!
Tohotforharlan

Postby DarkFairy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Oh yeah, gotta love it!! 8-)
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Next

Return to Members Only