Random Thoughts!

In order to access this forum you must first have 150 posts or more. Members from the old board who had access will now have access by default, upon request (see access request forum).

Random Thoughts!

Postby Pink Sugar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 am

If you reach your breaking point and all the fight left in you is gone, do you graciously accept defeat and move on?
"I've Got the Skills to Pay the Bills"
Pink Sugar

Re: Random Thoughts!

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:40 am

There is no such thing as defeat...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Wild » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 am

Angry Whiteguy wrote:There is no such thing as defeat...

AW is the kind of guy that keeps going back no matter what.
Really depends on who started the fight.. They did I will fight to the end. If I started it then If I am wrong I had better stand up to that fact and walk away.

If I am wrong I will admit it too... if not you had better PROVE me wrong or it will go on forever.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Wild wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:There is no such thing as defeat...

AW is the kind of guy that keeps going back no matter what.
Really depends on who started the fight.. They did I will fight to the end. If I started it then If I am wrong I had better stand up to that fact and walk away.

If I am wrong I will admit it too... if not you had better PROVE me wrong or it will go on forever.

Haha...

I can admit when I'm wrong. but by hell, if I think I am right or even have a valid point then I'm gonna push until they at least admit I have a valid point.....even if they don't agree with it. I don't necessarily want to win an argument, just want the other person to realize there are other ways to view things.

However I don't think Pink was meaning a literal fight, I was thinking she meant her breaking point in certain life situations....do we admit defeat by letting something go which we were fighting to hold onto....Pink could you clarify for me please, cause I think it's a good thought invoking question?
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:38 pm

What about those of us that are never wrong?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Pink Sugar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:07 pm

It is indeed certain life situations! Like for instance, when you do everything you possibly can to help someone (work, personal, etc.) and all you can manage to do is get a big smack in the face as a thank you. Loyalty means nothing anymore....
Pink Sugar

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Pink Sugar wrote:It is indeed certain life situations! Like for instance, when you do everything you possibly can to help someone (work, personal, etc.) and all you can manage to do is get a big smack in the face as a thank you. Loyalty means nothing anymore....

Ahhh, I figured as much. (Funk who is it that is never wrong?) ;) Anyway!

I will try not to write a book cause I tend to go a bit long with these type of questions but here goes.....I am the type of person who will give someone the shirt off my back if they need it (literally I have) and even though I have been screwed over time and again, I continue to help these people. I have had to start paying more attention and learn to recognize the difference between when they are just wanting something and when they actually need something. I have never expected anything in return for doing something nice for someone but I have had to learn that expecting something and deserving something are two different things. Like, for instance, if it was a work related issue I was having and I was going out of my way to do certain things or doing extra work to relieve the work load on someone else or even taking shifts for them, etc.. I wouldn't necessarily 'expect' something in return but I would think I deserved at least a "thank you" or to be recognized for my hard work because it wouldn't be fair for me to be the one putting in the extra hours of work and then someone else get the recognition or the reward for it (say a promotion or pay raise). Even if another person did get some recognition, it would be kind of them to show some appreciation of their own for the help they received. I know I am being kinda vague but with these type of questions it is hard to know exactly what is going on so I am hoping the point will come across without having to be too specific about things.

Basically, I wouldn't admit defeat, just change your plan of attack!! :twisted:

Anywho! That is my version of the answer! :D 8-)
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:48 pm

DarkFairy wrote:
Pink Sugar wrote:It is indeed certain life situations! Like for instance, when you do everything you possibly can to help someone (work, personal, etc.) and all you can manage to do is get a big smack in the face as a thank you. Loyalty means nothing anymore....

I will try not to write a book cause I tend to go a bit long with these type of questions but here goes.....I am the type of person who will give someone the shirt off my back if they need it (literally I have) and even though I have been screwed over time and again, I continue to help these people. I have had to start paying more attention and learn to recognize the difference between when they are just wanting something and when they actually need something. I have never expected anything in return for doing something nice for someone but I have had to learn that expecting something and deserving something are two different things. Like, for instance, if it was a work related issue I was having and I was going out of my way to do certain things or doing extra work to relieve the work load on someone else or even taking shifts for them, etc.. I wouldn't necessarily 'expect' something in return but I would think I deserved at least a "thank you" or to be recognized for my hard work because it wouldn't be fair for me to be the one putting in the extra hours of work and then someone else get the recognition or the reward for it (say a promotion or pay raise). Even if another person did get some recognition, it would be kind of them to show some appreciation of their own for the help they received. I know I am being kinda vague but with these type of questions it is hard to know exactly what is going on so I am hoping the point will come across without having to be too specific about things.

I need that shirt right off your back... I'll be needin that bra too...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 pm

LOL....Knew I shoulda used another expression! You come get it Whitey and u can have my pink bra and purple shirt! :D
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:07 pm

DarkFairy wrote:LOL....Knew I shoulda used another expression! You come get it Whitey and u can have my pink bra and purple shirt! :D

Damn! All this time I thought you was a white woman...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby jeepers creepers » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:What about those of us that are never wrong?

It is really hard for us to be humble!! :)
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
DarkFairy wrote:LOL....Knew I shoulda used another expression! You come get it Whitey and u can have my pink bra and purple shirt! :D

Damn! All this time I thought you was a white woman...

lmao....Now, you know better than me being a 'whitey tighty' kinda gal! I gotta have me some color in my life!!
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Wild » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Babe!! :!: :!:
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pink Sugar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:25 pm

We know you are always right...LOL :roll:
Pink Sugar

Postby Pink Sugar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:27 pm

DarkFairy wrote:

Interesting tactics DF! ;)
Pink Sugar

Return to Members Only