I Was thinking....(professional opinion would be nice) :)

In order to access this forum you must first have 150 posts or more. Members from the old board who had access will now have access by default, upon request (see access request forum).

I Was thinking....(professional opinion would be nice) :)

Postby DarkFairy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 am

I know this is kinda odd and may sound crazy to some of y'all BUT..... I was thinking about how alot of African American families are wanting to sue for restitution due to 'slavery' and it got me thinking....

In my 30 some years of life I know for a fact I have been called racist at least twice a year (at the bare minimum) because of my openness about iffy subjects, and in all those years it has been an unspoken 'no no' to offend any African Americans by speaking of slavery or speaking of almost anything in that particular Era.....So it seems to me if they can sue for something which didn't even happen to them personally then why can't I sue for the mental anguish/stress, fear for my safety and the stifling of my 1st amendment right to free speech which has been perpetuated by the media, government and African Americans themselves?

Fear of offending any African American by saying something as innocent as asking a black friend to a BBQ or asking if they want a piece of chicken can get turned into a racial argument, all because people still blame the entire white race for slavery. Having to deal with the guilt trips, threats, stares, gestures and constantly being labeled a racist if you are not in 100% agreement about racial issues, it IS mentally stressful and tiring to be around a different ethnic group when you know that 80% of them probably blame you for something which you had nothing to do with.

So yeah... I was just curious. LoL :lol:
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Re: I Was thinking....(professional opinion would be nice) :)

Postby carbon-15 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:17 am

Was this the topic of discussion at the Klan meeting last night? :D :D

j/k
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ~CJ~ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:17 am

DF, You just defined internalized oppression.
~CJ~

Postby RAP » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:36 am

Yeah and she also described most black people. The biggest problem I have with racism is that one person has the unmedicated gall to think they are above another or deserves preferential treatment for any reason other than physical impairments and most handicapped person over do even this. Where did this superior attitude come from? It's source tells it all.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:53 am

DarkFairy wrote:I know this is kinda odd and may sound crazy to some of y'all BUT..... I was thinking about how alot of African American families are wanting to sue for restitution due to 'slavery' and it got me thinking....

In my 30 some years of life I know for a fact I have been called racist at least twice a year (at the bare minimum) because of my openness about iffy subjects, and in all those years it has been an unspoken 'no no' to offend any African Americans by speaking of slavery or speaking of almost anything in that particular Era.....So it seems to me if they can sue for something which didn't even happen to them personally then why can't I sue for the mental anguish/stress, fear for my safety and the stifling of my 1st amendment right to free speech which has been perpetuated by the media, government and African Americans themselves?

Fear of offending any African American by saying something as innocent as asking a black friend to a BBQ or asking if they want a piece of chicken can get turned into a racial argument, all because people still blame the entire white race for slavery. Having to deal with the guilt trips, threats, stares, gestures and constantly being labeled a racist if you are not in 100% agreement about racial issues, it IS mentally stressful and tiring to be around a different ethnic group when you know that 80% of them probably blame you for something which you had nothing to do with.

I think the difference between you and I in handling such situation is that I don't censor myself regardless of the situation, or the race. I have had many heated debates with many of my black friends. As well as my liberal white friends. We have quite a few black members and a few have access to members only it will be interesting if they post.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby DarkFairy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:21 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
DarkFairy wrote:I know this is kinda odd and may sound crazy to some of y'all BUT..... I was thinking about how alot of African American families are wanting to sue for restitution due to 'slavery' and it got me thinking....

I think the difference between you and I in handling such situation is that I don't censor myself regardless of the situation, or the race. I have had many heated debates with many of my black friends. As well as my liberal white friends. We have quite a few black members and a few have access to members only it will be interesting if they post.

Well... not really.. cause if you notice the first couple lines I said I had been called racist due to my openness about the 'iffy' issues but my point is that most "white people" (not necessarily me, I said "me and I" just for the purpose of making the point) will not openly discuss racial issues because they don't want to get involved in a racial argument with a black person because it always comes down to the 'slavery card'. I didn't actually mean "Me personally" was afraid cause I usually open my mouth before I can stop myself....lol

I did put it in Members only for the sole reason of guest posters.... if they post, I want to know who is posting not hiding behind 'guest'. :) But you do know what I mean, I know you have to know people who just will not discuss anything racial for fear of offending someone. Granted it is a personal choice whether to discuss it or not BUT most don't see it that way, they are not utilizing their 1st Amendment right to Free Speech because of the way some people react to white people saying how they feel about any racial issue. So in essence they are (as CJ said) being internally suppressed.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm

White people, white people, that's all I hear on this board... What about us beige people.?? Wheres our love and respect... It's either white, black, brown, red, gray, or yellow... Nothing about us "Beige Americans"... When do we get a parade or a day.?? What about an association, or college fund.?? NAABP... United Beige People College Fund... Beige entertainment television... Nothing!!! What about our reparations.?? When do we get paid for our suffering..?? It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.!!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby DarkFairy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:21 pm

LOL....Don't be so sensitive Joe!!! :lol: :P
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby ~CJ~ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Leave the race "issue" out of it. It isn't race in the big picture of things, it is nothing more than hate. Human beings (people) hate. Some more so than others. Call it what you want, whenever you want, all it is, is hate. Haters will find any excuse to hate another. Yes, they will find it, brown eyes, blue eyes, pretty, cute, homely, tall, fat, skinny, brown, black, white or beige, rich poor, liberal or conservative. Someone is going to use that as a means to hate that person. Hate is a learned behavior.

I saw a documentary several times, more than I care to say, that I felt was abusive. Children who had brown eyes, had to wear a brown color, they didn't tell the children why, just that they had to wear it all day. They other children were told the brown collared children were different. And you got it, the brown eyed children were mistreated, discriminated against and treated terribly. The thing is, they had no idea why they were being treated this way, just that they were hated. Needless to say many of the children cried, were traumatized, etc. The children in the documentary should be adults by now and I've often wondered how this impacted their lives.
~CJ~

Postby DarkFairy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:25 pm

~CJ~ wrote:Leave the race "issue" out of it. It isn't race in the big picture of things, it is nothing more than hate. Human beings (people) hate. Some more so than others. Call it what you want, whenever you want, all it is, is hate. Haters will find any excuse to hate another. Yes, they will find it, brown eyes, blue eyes, pretty, cute, homely, tall, fat, skinny, brown, black, white or beige, rich poor, liberal or conservative. Someone is going to use that as a means to hate that person. Hate is a learned behavior.

I saw a documentary several times, more than I care to say, that I felt was abusive. Children who had brown eyes, had to wear a brown color, they didn't tell the children why, just that they had to wear it all day. They other children were told the brown collared children were different. And you got it, the brown eyed children were mistreated, discriminated against and treated terribly. The thing is, they had no idea why they were being treated this way, just that they were hated. Needless to say many of the children cried, were traumatized, etc. The children in the documentary should be adults by now and I've often wondered how this impacted their lives.

CJ, that is the problem some Adults do not leave the race issue out of it! That is exactly my point, no matter how innocent someone is if one person says they are being 'racist' then it spreads like wildfire and that person has to deal with the repercussions of the rumor. After years of dealing with these type of Adults any person would naturally begin to 'hate' them for their actions, for their constant accusations, for the stress they cause on their lives. If the person has children they don't have to teach them to hate, they will see the stress another person has caused on their parents and make their own decision about it.

It can be learned, yes, but it can also be caused by people hitting their breaking point and wanting nothing more to do with the person or persons. Once that happens it is hard to reverse it. I am talking about any person or group of people who cause constant stress on another person, eventually some form of 'hatred' will surface.
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:02 am

They other children were told the brown collared children were different.

The study/documentary is flawed. If they would have placed the brown clothing on the children without telling the other children they were different then we could trust the outcome. Notice they used the color brown to imitate race? This was totally set up to get the results they wanted. Which would show that little brown kids are easily discriminated against.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:37 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

The study/documentary is flawed. If they would have placed the brown clothing on the children without telling the other children they were different then we could trust the outcome. Notice they used the color brown to imitate race? This was totally set up to get the results they wanted. Which would show that little brown kids are easily discriminated against.

Exactly, I started to point that out but changed my mind. Glad you did.
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby ~CJ~ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:51 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

I totally agree. The thing is, the kids were so young which confirms my opinion that discrimination is learned as well as feelings of inferiority and guilt.
~CJ~

Postby ~CJ~ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:55 am

DarkFairy wrote:
~CJ~ wrote:Leave the race "issue" out of it. It isn't race in the big picture of things, it is nothing more than hate. Human beings (people) hate. Some more so than others. Call it what you want, whenever you want, all it is, is hate. Haters will find any excuse to hate another. Yes, they will find it, brown eyes, blue eyes, pretty, cute, homely, tall, fat, skinny, brown, black, white or beige, rich poor, liberal or conservative. Someone is going to use that as a means to hate that person. Hate is a learned behavior.

CJ, that is the problem some Adults do not leave the race issue out of it! That is exactly my point, no matter how innocent someone is if one person says they are being 'racist' then it spreads like wildfire and that person has to deal with the repercussions of the rumor. After years of dealing with these type of Adults any person would naturally begin to 'hate' them for their actions, for their constant accusations, for the stress they cause on their lives. If the person has children they don't have to teach them to hate, they will see the stress another person has caused on their parents and make their own decision about it.

It can be learned, yes, but it can also be caused by people hitting their breaking point and wanting nothing more to do with the person or persons. Once that happens it is hard to reverse it. I am talking about any person or group of people who cause constant stress on another person, eventually some form of 'hatred' will surface.

Basically, in a nut shell, I agree with you DF. All the above is truly behavior. If anyone "pushes" another to feel stress, to feel guilt, or any other emotion, they are helping you change your reaction.. your behavior. It isn't that some parents "teach" their children to hate, children learn by watching their parents reactions and behaviors in regards to hate.
~CJ~

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:08 am

Yes, I agree with you. Luckily a lot of children don't follow in their parents behaviors but sadly, more often than not, they will.
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Next

Return to Members Only