I Was thinking....(professional opinion would be nice) :)

In order to access this forum you must first have 150 posts or more. Members from the old board who had access will now have access by default, upon request (see access request forum).

Re: I Was thinking....(professional opinion would be nice) :)

Postby jeepers creepers » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:47 pm

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ~CJ~ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Thanks Jeepers, I had forgotten this song.
~CJ~

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:23 pm

~CJ~ wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
They other children were told the brown collared children were different.

The study/documentary is flawed. If they would have placed the brown clothing on the children without telling the other children they were different then we could trust the outcome. Notice they used the color brown to imitate race? This was totally set up to get the results they wanted. Which would show that little brown kids are easily discriminated against.

I totally agree. The thing is, the kids were so young which confirms my opinion that discrimination is learned as well as feelings of inferiority and guilt.

Discrimination/racism isn't inherent, or learned, it's taught. If you see your father put on a white robe and preach racism then more than likely will do the same. If you see your father sitting around the house drinking a 40oz talking about how unfair the world has been to you because you are black then more than likely you will do the same. To claim that you have no racism inside of you for one reason or another would be a lie. It goes back to the old saying of the blind leading the blind, but they are not color blind.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby ~CJ~ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 pm

You're right G, if anyone says they are not prejudiced, they're lying or they don't know what prejudice is. It is when someone acts on their prejudices when it becomes discrimination, and if you discriminate against someone because of their race, gender, or religion, you are committing a crime.
~CJ~

Postby the fluke » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:51 pm

If anyone should be complaining it shoule be the american indians.
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Beige power.!!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Previous

Return to Members Only