ChalleNGe Academy

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: ChalleNGe Academy

Postby ScArEcRoW » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:12 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The ChalleNGe Academy graduated it's third class today, and we had zero representation from the Fiscal Court, nor any other elected official (I will say that Bill Moore had more pressing issues with a family member). In attendance were former Cumberland sports standout Freddie Maggard, Colonel Souleray, two additional National Guard Colonels, Operation Unite President Dan Smoot, Tom Vicini, Rev Arnold Martin, and host of other Harlan County citizens. This is the brain child of Colonel Ralph Souleray . The plan was to locate it in Hazard, or London until he got involved. The ChalleNG Academy is directly responsible for 53 to 55 jobs. These are jobs with benefits, and the pay scale is at state wages.

This is what the Fiscal Court needs to put their resources behind, but they won't because it doesn't benefit them politically or personally. <--- My Opinion.

I don't know Colonel Souleray, but he sounds like a man who should run for a position on the Fiscal Court.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:50 pm

ScArEcRoW wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The ChalleNGe Academy graduated it's third class today, and we had zero representation from the Fiscal Court, nor any other elected official (I will say that Bill Moore had more pressing issues with a family member). In attendance were former Cumberland sports standout Freddie Maggard, Colonel Souleray, two additional National Guard Colonels, Operation Unite President Dan Smoot, Tom Vicini, Rev Arnold Martin, and host of other Harlan County citizens. This is the brain child of Colonel Ralph Souleray . The plan was to locate it in Hazard, or London until he got involved. The ChalleNG Academy is directly responsible for 53 to 55 jobs. These are jobs with benefits, and the pay scale is at state wages.

This is what the Fiscal Court needs to put their resources behind, but they won't because it doesn't benefit them politically or personally. <--- My Opinion.

I don't know Colonel Souleray, but he sounds like a man who should run for a position on the Fiscal Court.

His sister already was...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:21 pm

Outgoing Harlan County Judge-Executive Joe Grieshop lists the following as his major accomplishments while in office:

APPALACHIAN CHALLENGE ACADEMY:

“It’s given hundreds of 16-18 year-old high school dropouts the chance to turn their lives around. Over 50 jobs were created in the process.”

This is such crap! Ralph Souleyret gets complete credit for the ChalleNGe Academy locating in Harlan County. The county had to be pushed into the deal.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Legion » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Taking credit for another mans work! Par for the course.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Jasmine » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:44 pm

He done that a lot don't you think? Stupid move on his part though because everyone knows who brought the Challenge Academy here.
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:34 pm

If I wasn't on my phone I would search older topics and show you posts of me raising hell over the county's lack of interest.
I will tomorrow though.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:35 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:If I wasn't on my phone I would search older topics and show you posts of me raising hell over the county's lack of interest.
I will tomorrow though.

But for men of good strong character no good benefit would ever be realized. These our are treasures. The rest just flimsy disposable wrapping paper.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ScArEcRoW » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:36 am

It takes an awful small man to take credit for other people's work.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Where did he make this claim?
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:29 am

I have been informed that two boys are missing from the ChalleNGe Academy.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Previous

Return to Harlan County News