ChalleNGe Academy

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: ChalleNGe Academy

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 pm

The ChalleNGe Academy graduated it's third class today, and we had zero representation from the Fiscal Court, nor any other elected official (I will say that Bill Moore had more pressing issues with a family member). In attendance were former Cumberland sports standout Freddie Maggard, Colonel Souleray, two additional National Guard Colonels, Operation Unite President Dan Smoot, Tom Vicini, Rev Arnold Martin, and host of other Harlan County citizens. This is the brain child of Colonel Ralph Souleray . The plan was to locate it in Hazard, or London until he got involved. The ChalleNG Academy is directly responsible for 53 to 55 jobs. These are jobs with benefits, and the pay scale is at state wages.

This is what the Fiscal Court needs to put their resources behind, but they won't because it doesn't benefit them politically or personally. <--- My Opinion.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby neighbor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:46 pm

WE were fortunate to meet up with a few of those cadets at the school, and let me say You will
never meet up with anyone that is as polite and courteous as they are. They are a great group.
We were invited to their graduation but was not able to attend, due to illness. But I am proud of these
kids and that they are trying to accomplish something better in their life. It is ashame that no more
That attended and showed interest from our county. If there had been something to benefit them into
obtaining a VOTE. I guarantee the whole fiscal court and COURT house would have been there.
from the low man to the high man on the totem pole :|

[i]
Every time I think that I am getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens.

neighbor

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:28 am

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They had to be dragged into the project from the beginning. Once they got involved Joe was a constant at the Academy. Not sure what he was doing, but he was there.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Legion » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:46 pm

The Academy helps young men get their lives back together.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:23 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They had to be dragged into the project from the beginning. Once they got involved Joe was a constant at the Academy. Not sure what he was doing, but he was there.

Lookin for a little sumpin, sumpin...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Gopher » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:03 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The ChalleNGe Academy graduated it's third class today, and we had zero representation from the Fiscal Court, nor any other elected official (I will say that Bill Moore had more pressing issues with a family member). In attendance were former Cumberland sports standout Freddie Maggard, Colonel Souleray, two additional National Guard Colonels, Operation Unite President Dan Smoot, Tom Vicini, Rev Arnold Martin, and host of other Harlan County citizens. This is the brain child of Colonel Ralph Souleray . The plan was to locate it in Hazard, or London until he got involved. The ChalleNG Academy is directly responsible for 53 to 55 jobs. These are jobs with benefits, and the pay scale is at state wages.

This is what the Fiscal Court needs to put their resources behind, but they won't because it doesn't benefit them politically or personally. <--- My Opinion.

I'm surprised that every candidate didn't show up pretending to care.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 pm

They didn't show because they can't control the academy. Plain and simple.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Peacemaker » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:30 pm

That's right, And don't forget most of the fiscal court is against helping the ACA . They give it lip service but do not want to get behind something that is truly changing lives and creating job's. I guess golf courses and gas stations are more important.
Peacemaker

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:24 am

Our ChalleNGe Academy is going to be the model that all other are going to be ran like.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gopher » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Josh Coldiron does an excellent job.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:04 pm

On a serious note, why are the magistrates against the academy?
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:On a serious note, why are the magistrates against the academy?

Their aren't any logical answers regarding the magistrates.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Peacemaker » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:On a serious note, why are the magistrates against the academy?

They cannot control it and it interferes with "PPM" . Pet Project Money is defined as - Money or Monies spent on useless shit to keep a job or to reward political allies. Oh and being shortsighted does not help either .
Peacemaker

Postby Gopher » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:59 am

Peacemaker wrote:

They cannot control it and it interferes with "PPM" . Pet Project Money is defined as - Money or Monies spent on useless shit to keep a job or to reward political allies. Oh and being shortsighted does not help either .

We need a list of PPM.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:35 pm

123 new cadets enrolled at the Challenge Academy.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County News