Waterpark meeting: Update 02/22/17

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: Waterpark meeting: Update 02/22/17

Postby Demon Hunter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:32 am

You are correct sir! A wellness center has work out equipment.
Demon Hunter

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:You are correct sir! A wellness center has work out equipment.

We have 5 wellness centers, and 100's of miles of walking tracks.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Pappy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:20 pm

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:You are correct sir! A wellness center has work out equipment.

And barley used by the locals a waterpark would be full all the time if its close enough for ever one, remember the Pool in Harlan it was full ever time I went the water was so clear you could use a snorkel and see all the girls butts. :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Pappy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Pappy wrote:
CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:

And barley used by the locals a waterpark would be full all the time if its close enough for ever one, remember the Pool in Harlan it was full ever time I went the water was so clear you could use a snorkel and see all the girls butts. not saying I was a pervert but close.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby clark bailey » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:01 pm

So help me out here, I'm not quite grasping it. I must be slow. The proposed idea is to tax this money set aside with the stipulation that it be used to benefit the children of this county and tax dollars are going to be thrown into a project to build something that at least five different privately owned business are accomplishing right now? I mean I'm not the smartest guy but I'm not sure this makes sense.
clark bailey

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:30 am

That's how I look at it Clark. I would like to see the details of this wellness center.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Pappy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:43 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:That's how I look at it Clark. I would like to see the details of this wellness center.

Couple Basketball goals with bleachers to watch and pick out dates after the games right Funk?Blue courts have those items already. :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Demon Hunter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:30 am

Bell County has a excellent program. CAA provides free lunch to kids at the Pineville and Middlesboro pool.
Demon Hunter

Postby Political Plague » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:57 am

clark bailey wrote:

So help me out here, I'm not quite grasping it. I must be slow. The proposed idea is to tax this money set aside with the stipulation that it be used to benefit the children of this county and tax dollars are going to be thrown into a project to build something that at least five different privately owned business are accomplishing right now? I mean I'm not the smartest guy but I'm not sure this makes sense.

They gave us absolutely no details as to what this entails.
Political Plague

Postby Demon Hunter » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Political Plague wrote:
clark bailey wrote:

They gave us absolutely no details as to what this entails.

Get us some details G.
Demon Hunter

Postby clark bailey » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:30 pm

I'm by no means a legal scholar or an expert, but I'd be interested to know the opinion of the County Attn on these matters. I know in his good wisdom he shot down several attempts by previous fiscal courts to misuse the funds. I'm not sure that wellness center fits the criteria using the language of Judge Alred's order. I could be wrong, but we'll see.
clark bailey

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:35 am

clark bailey wrote:I'm by no means a legal scholar or an expert, but I'd be interested to know the opinion of the County Attn on these matters. I know in his good wisdom he shot down several attempts by previous fiscal courts to misuse the funds. I'm not sure that wellness center fits the criteria using the language of Judge Alred's order. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Your right Clark the County Attorney did shoot down horse trails, bike trails (that will be as popular as Kentucky Basketball said one Magistrate) and all that other non sense.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby clark bailey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:20 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
clark bailey wrote:I'm by no means a legal scholar or an expert, but I'd be interested to know the opinion of the County Attn on these matters. I know in his good wisdom he shot down several attempts by previous fiscal courts to misuse the funds. I'm not sure that wellness center fits the criteria using the language of Judge Alred's order. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Your right Clark the County Attorney did shoot down horse trails, bike trails (that will be as popular as Kentucky Basketball said one Magistrate) and all that other non sense.

I kind of miss that one magistrate if only for the pure comedic value of most of what came of of his mouth.
clark bailey

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:27 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It just goes to show that a politician will say anything.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GoDan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:53 am

I have no information G. Sorry.
GoDan

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County News