Waterpark meeting: Update 02/22/17

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Waterpark meeting: Update 02/22/17

Postby shade chaser » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:15 pm

wanted to let everyone know there will be a meeting tomarrow tuesday at 5pm in the civic center,if you can please come show your support for this project, as ive said befor,Judge Greishop is 100% for this project,its going to come down to each of our Magistrates,so let your Mag. know what you think,our children deserve this as does our county,so call them up,thats what they are being payed to do,they work for you,we pay them,if they dont want to talk to you about it,let them know you will VOTE THEM OUT.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: Waterpark meeting

Postby Bushwhacker » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks for posting this SC if I don't have to work, I'll try to go.
Bushwhacker

Postby ~CJ~ » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks SC. I'll be there and hope everyone else will be there to support their communities.
~CJ~

Postby Brandon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Have the details of the project been made public yet? I've seen drawing and some figures but I've withheld my questions so far cause I don't really know what the committee is suggesting yet.
Brandon
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby shade chaser » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:54 pm

well,we have very nice detailed booklets that we were given Brandon,its actually different building and pool looks i guess you could say,well and different prices,if you or Gfunk would like to drop by an pickup my copy to post,im cool with that,or better yet I could send it to work with my wife,Gfunk knows where her office is,just let me know.we are really tryin hard to make this happen and need all the support we can get,I know our newest Magistrate [and congrats] Mr Pope is working hard on this project as well,he stands a very good chance of maybe getting a HUGE donation as well.hes one heck of a guy and the 1st district is very blessed to have him.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:16 pm

shade chaser wrote:well,we have very nice detailed booklets that we were given Brandon,its actually different building and pool looks i guess you could say,well and different prices,if you or Gfunk would like to drop by an pickup my copy to post,im cool with that,or better yet I could send it to work with my wife,Gfunk knows where her office is,just let me know.we are really tryin hard to make this happen and need all the support we can get,I know our newest Magistrate [and congrats] Mr Pope is working hard on this project as well,he stands a very good chance of maybe getting a HUGE donation as well.hes one heck of a guy and the 1st district is very blessed to have him.

You can send it by your wife and I can pick it up, and post them.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby business man » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:11 am

well I would like to know where this water park is going to be at where will it be located and how soon will they start on it
business man

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 am

Harlan County Recreation Center.
Since the scans didn't turn out as well as I hoped for I will break the three down that need additional info.

Scan 1. roller skating, laser tag, climbing wall, lockers-showers, bowling alley concession stand, arcade,

Scan 3. Second Floor. Running/walking track, party/meeting rooms, exercise room.

Scan 4.
Pool Area Est. $4,582,500 - $5,187,500
Bowling Alley Est. $2,100,000 - $2,450,000
Multipurpose Activity Area Est. $3,750,000 - $4,500,000
Arcade Est. $165,000 - $187,500
Fitness Center/Exercise Area Est. $195,000 - $227,500
Running/Walking Track Est. $989,000 - $1,161,000
Meeting/Party/Club Rooms Est. $241,500 - $273,000
Administration & Services Est. $276,000 - $322,000
Lobby & Circulation Est. $1,012,500 - $1,237,500
Restrooms, Janitor & Mech, Equip Area Est. $312,500 - $375,000

Total (Building Only) $13,624,000 - $15,901,000
Attachments
waterpark4.jpg
waterpark3.jpg
waterpark1.jpg
waterpark2.jpg
waterpark.jpg
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Wild » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:50 am

That will be VERY impressive. I hope all the kids here in Harlan and surrounding areas will use it. Shoot the ADULTS too! Had everything on my list of wants there.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Brat » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:34 pm

wow...looks fabulouse! I can only think what we would have done had we had something like this when I was growing up! My grandbabies will love this and so will I!!!!!
Brat
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Charles Raleigh » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Man that looks fantastic, have they chosen anyone to sit on any kind of board yet?
Tri City News # News sorce for me.
Charles Raleigh
Cumberland City Council

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Charles Raleigh wrote:Man that looks fantastic, have they chosen anyone to sit on any kind of board yet?

They have had a water park board for almost a year.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Didn't know there was a board. Who is on it? Who appointed them?
Gest

Postby E Z Duz It » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:57 pm

business man wrote:well I would like to know where this water park is going to be at where will it be located and how soon will they start on it

gonna build it right next to the parking garage, lmao :mrgreen:
Regarding
the mosque near ground zero, I say let them build it. But across the
street, we should put a topless bar, called "You Mecca Me Hot". Next to
that, a gay bar called "The Turban Cowboy" next to that, a pork-rib
restaurant called "Iraq o' Ribs", and a check cashing center called
........................"Iran out of money"
E Z Duz It

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:06 pm

They have several locations in mind. It seems that the two best locations will be near the ARH, or in Rio Vista. This is based on the evaluation criteria. Now to speak logically for a moment. The board seems to be delusional if they think we can afford 13 to 15 million dollar rec center. Even if it was built for us we could not sustain it. It's only feasible to start small and work your way up.

Next

Return to Harlan County News