Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Pappy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:I'm guessing the missing guy isn't who they were plotting to kill. I'm also guessing they killed him.

I saw him yesterday at CVS he looked alive to me.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby PharmGirl » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Talked to a lady today who had previously called Social Services multiple times about the baby and nothing had been done. They need to be investigated and jobs lost. Possibly have charges filed against them.
PharmGirl

Postby goat47 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:41 pm

PharmGirl wrote:Talked to a lady today who had previously called Social Services multiple times about the baby and nothing had been done. They need to be investigated and jobs lost. Possibly have charges filed against them.

Remember what happened to those social workers in Northern or Western KY. They didn't follow up on a little girl and she ended up dead. I think they got jail time.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:37 am

I have also had people who live in the same complex tell me that they had called social services on the mother and no action took place.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I have also had people who live in the same complex tell me that they had called social services on the mother and no action took place.

In the deep jungles of New Guinea, someone in the 'uncivilized' Pygmy tribe would have taken the baby and cared it, while the tribe gathered around the mother's hut every night and made fun her for her 'inappropriate' behavior toward her young. One of two results would take place. The mother would grow weary and abandon the tribe and her child, or she would accept that her abnormal behavior would not be tolerated, and stay with the tribe until she proved her worthiness to care for her own.

Which is a more 'civilized' approach? The community taking responsibility for one of their tribe's inappropriate behavior and dealing with it in a way that does no further harm to the community. Or finger pointing at other members of the community to justify their own negligence of a helpless member of their community?

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:53 pm

Who turned the baby over to the drug addled mother on that fateful day?
Political Plague

Previous

Return to Harlan County News