Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:03 am

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:Single housing project meth addicted mother. Who ever had the baby the day before I put some blame on. No dag gone way would I leave a child with someone who was high.


Put the bame where it belongs. Squarely on the shoulders of those that refuse to admit this country's epidemic drug and alcohol addiction problem is a serious socio medical illness. A social and medical problem so detrimental to our society that it must be fought with every weapon available. There is no single method to keep people from using and becoming dependent on drugs. No amount of education, laws, enforcement of laws or medical treatment can work in a disconnected fashion to clean up this problem. It is going to take a massive effort just to begin to put together a nationwide program to fight this epidemic.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10019
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby upallnight » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:32 am

I have no sympathy for those addicted to drugs (other than people who have chronic pain and have to take them)
upallnight
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:48 am

upallnight wrote:I have no sympathy for those addicted to drugs (other than people who have chronic pain and have to take them)


Anybody with good sense stays completely away from drugs. If Medicare would pay for hot tubs that would help people with some types of chronic pain, they wouldn't need to take as many pain killers as they do now to keep functional. It would be better in terms of cost and pain management of chronic, painful arthritis. Nothing replaces a good diet that doesn't include fast food, adequate rest and moderate exercise and some form of meditation to stay healthy and keep functional.

We've figured out how to keep the body healthy, the mind...not so much.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10019
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Briscoe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
upallnight wrote:I have no sympathy for those addicted to drugs (other than people who have chronic pain and have to take them)


Anybody with good sense stays completely away from drugs. If Medicare would pay for hot tubs that would help people with some types of chronic pain, they wouldn't need to take as many pain killers as they do now to keep functional. It would be better in terms of cost and pain management of chronic, painful arthritis. Nothing replaces a good diet that doesn't include fast food, adequate rest and moderate exercise and some form of meditation to stay healthy and keep functional.

We've figured out how to keep the body healthy, the mind...not so much.

if you want to start handing out hot tubs to people on the draw, then i want my drugs. lol
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
User avatar
Briscoe
HornDog
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:06 am

Briscoe wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
upallnight wrote:I have no sympathy for those addicted to drugs (other than people who have chronic pain and have to take them)


Anybody with good sense stays completely away from drugs. If Medicare would pay for hot tubs that would help people with some types of chronic pain, they wouldn't need to take as many pain killers as they do now to keep functional. It would be better in terms of cost and pain management of chronic, painful arthritis. Nothing replaces a good diet that doesn't include fast food, adequate rest and moderate exercise and some form of meditation to stay healthy and keep functional.

We've figured out how to keep the body healthy, the mind...not so much.


if you want to start handing out hot tubs to people on the draw, then i want my drugs. lol


The 3% of my earnings paid into Medicare by me and my employer, and me alone when self employed would be better spent helping the aged manage chronic arthritis with hot tub therapy, than on dope enriching Big Pharma's over paid corporate executives and their stockholders.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10019
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby VoteMout » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Obamaphone, Obamacare, and now introducing the Obamatub lol. The idea came just a little to late Cate. Hey that rhymed lol.
VoteMout
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:35 pm

VoteMout wrote:Obamaphone, Obamacare, and now introducing the Obamatub lol. The idea came just a little to late Cate. Hey that rhymed lol.


Anything that actually helps ordinary people cope and doesn't increase the profits for the reach is never anything that would be seriously considered by Congress.

The 'Obamaphone' helped Trac Phone to expand it's network that was monopolized by communication conglmerates that refused to pay for expanding the communications. Far better to place a surcharge on current communication users, than to cut profits and stockholder dividends.

'Obamacare' gave the health insurance conglomerates more profits while assuring less competition.

So no, geriatrics with chronic pain won't be getting any payment from Medicare for the purchase of an American made hot tub, manufactured and assembled by American workers like the ones of Dr. Wellness in Johnson City, TN. Nope, that won't be happening when the medical profession is invested in pharmaceuticals that create dependency on pain killers.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10019
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
VoteMout wrote:Obamaphone, Obamacare, and now introducing the Obamatub lol. The idea came just a little to late Cate. Hey that rhymed lol.


Anything that actually helps ordinary people cope and doesn't increase the profits for the reach is never anything that would be seriously considered by Congress.

The 'Obamaphone' helped Trac Phone to expand it's network that was monopolized by communication conglmerates that refused to pay for expanding the communications. Far better to place a surcharge on current communication users, than to cut profits and stockholder dividends.

'Obamacare' gave the health insurance conglomerates more profits while assuring less competition.

So no, geriatrics with chronic pain won't be getting any payment from Medicare for the purchase of an American made hot tub, manufactured and assembled by American workers like the ones of Dr. Wellness in Johnson City, TN. Nope, that won't be happening when the medical profession is invested in pharmaceuticals that create dependency on pain killers.


Correction: Should be profits for the rich, not reach. Tried to edit immediately after posting, but no edit option wasn't there.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10019
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Jacqueline » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:18 pm

I happen to agree with Cate on this. Some insurance companies do pay for hot tubs but don't ask which ones because I don't know. Cate also said Medicare which is Social Security which all that have worked have paid into. It isn't like Medicaid or Obamacare.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Cornbread » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:52 am

That would be a venture for private business. A hot/cold therapy business that could bill insurance could be a money maker.

On a side note we could drown the baby killer in one of the cold tubs.
User avatar
Cornbread
Django
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Demon Hunter » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:22 am

You all have lost your damn minds. Take a hot bath for your arthritis.

Who ever dropped the baby off to the piece of shit mother and her high should be charged as an accessory before the fact.
User avatar
Demon Hunter
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:58 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:You all have lost your damn minds. Take a hot bath for your arthritis.

Who ever dropped the baby off to the piece of shit mother and her high should be charged as an accessory before the fact.


Accessory before the fact?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about charging you with residing in an altered reality, with a penalty that forces you live in the real world?


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10019
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:17 pm

The person dropping the baby off put it in direct harm.
CrissyAlwaysSunny
 
Posts: 1336
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 am

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:31 am

I don't think Kentucky laws go that far, but in many states a caregiver who allows a child to be placed in a dangerous situation could be charged with Child Endangerment. It would be equivalent to a daycare releasing a child to a mother who showed up high.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20926
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:14 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I don't think Kentucky laws go that far, but in many states a caregiver who allows a child to be placed in a dangerous situation could be charged with Child Endangerment. It would be equivalent to a daycare releasing a child to a mother who showed up high.


Laws are only effective to the point they can be enforced. It's impossible to guess all of the circumstances that will lead to endangerment, and complicated to enforce laws that may prevent it.

We all want to find some explanation as to how such a tradegty can happen. And what could have, would have or should have prevented it. The reality is this baby was lost to the circumstances of drug addiction in which it was born.

The only way it may have been prevented would be to have never allowed this baby to leave the hospital with it's drug addicted mother. That's a law I would support.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10019
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests