Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:50 pm

A Harlan County woman Sierra Foster age 23 has been arrested for the murder of her two month old baby. She was also charged with possession of a controlled substance, and tampering with evidence along with additional charges. Reports state that social services were called to the home to check on the child and found it deceased.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Harlan woman arrested for the murder of her 2 month old

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:44 pm

Social Services is a joke. I heard they had been previously involved or at least called on her and they did nothing.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby PharmGirl » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:50 pm

I know that worthless whore. How can you not check on your baby for 12 hours.
PharmGirl

Postby goat47 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Drugs are destroying our county. This is the saddest thing ever.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:40 pm

goat47 wrote:Drugs are destroying our county. This is the saddest thing ever.

They're destroying the entire country.

There's no excuse for illegal 'recreational' drug use. The user is just as guilty for perpetuating crime as the pusher. The use of illegal drugs supports all types criminal activity, murder, robbery and violence. The users I have known are completey self absorbed.

They don't care about much of anything except an escape to their next high. I know they're psychologically messed up. But at least they should care enough about the misery they bring to themselves everyone that cares for them to want to fight their weakness.

I've seen so many lives completly wasted and families made to suffer because of illegal drug use. Besides creating hardships for users and their families, it burdens all of society. Their criminal activity, the medical care they have to have from abusing their bodies and minds, the social welfare to keep them half way functioning is nothing but a drain on society.

It's hard enough to navigate this life with a clear head. I can't imagine why anyone would think they can navigate it messed up with drugs and alcohol.

Make it all legal. At least the criminal element wouldn't profit, and taxes would help offset some of the drain.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Kelli » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 pm

So heartbreaking. :( :(
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis
Kelli
GFunk Is My Pimp

Postby Political Plague » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:28 am

Some believe that it's poverty that causes drug use. It's not!!! It's drug use that causes poverty. I know people who have 3 to 4 hundred dollar a day drug habit who just so happens to have a family to support. I know miners, and RN's who have lost their license and high paying jobs because of drug abuse.

Then we have the second and third generation check drawers who are perfectly satisfied having the bare bones to scrape by in exchange for not having to work.

Then lastly we have the lowly educated who can only perform menial labor and never get ahead, but hey that's life. If you don't have the book smarts you can always learn a trade to better yourself.
Political Plague

Postby gonegone » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:34 am

Make drugs available. Put a box in the middle of town full of drugs that will kill you and let everyone know that it will kill you. Everything else will take care of itself. no more break ins, no more stealing, cops can do other things besides chasing drug heads. We would have a better county soon. A funeral for these people would be a whole lot cheaper than housing them in jail and paying to keep them up.
gonegone

Postby upallnight » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:05 am

A family member should have reported her to authorities sooner. Social Services isn't the best choice, but it's all we have. They hate their job, they hate the people they deal with, they have been jaded by all the abuse they see. If this woman had been reported sooner by family or friends this could have been avoided. If they would have reported it they wouldn't be planning a two month old's funeral. Son of a bitch i'm so pissed off.
upallnight

Postby Legion » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:26 am

Before you can get HUD you should be required to take a drug test, and random ones after that.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Cornbread » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:52 am

Political Plague wrote:Some believe that it's poverty that causes drug use. It's not!!! It's drug use that causes poverty. I know people who have 3 to 4 hundred dollar a day drug habit who just so happens to have a family to support. I know miners, and RN's who have lost their license and high paying jobs because of drug abuse.

Then we have the second and third generation check drawers who are perfectly satisfied having the bare bones to scrape by in exchange for not having to work.

Then lastly we have the lowly educated who can only perform menial labor and never get ahead, but hey that's life. If you don't have the book smarts you can always learn a trade to better yourself.

That's the truth if I ever heard it. This is such a sad sad thing.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Gopher » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Her cousin's a druggie who got her kids took.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Pappy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Gopher wrote:Her cousin's a druggie who got her kids took.

She will just have more.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:19 pm

Another meth whore who tax payers will pay to house for the rest of her life. So it's won't be much different other than the death of a precious baby.
Demon Hunter

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:21 am

Single housing project meth addicted mother. Who ever had the baby the day before I put some blame on. No dag gone way would I leave a child with someone who was high.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Next

Return to Harlan County News