Murder Charge Harlan DC

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Murder Charge Harlan DC

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:56 am

George King age 57 of Cumberland has been arrested for Murder, and Knowingly Abuse/Neglect by Adult. He is currently held under a $10,000 full cash bond.
Attachments
King.jpg
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Murder Charge Harlan DC

Postby upallnight » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:06 am

He has two previous arrests. One for failure to appear and the other a trafficking charge.
upallnight

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:53 am

I'm hearing severe neglect of his elderly mother.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:09 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I'm hearing severe neglect of his elderly mother.

That's just awful!
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:14 am

I heard that too.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:28 am

Why is his bond so low?
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:17 pm

I have known this man most of my life and this was a very sad situation. Goes to show what alcohol and drugs will do to a person. I have also wondered why his bond is so low but was told that he hasn't been in front of the judge yet that it may be raised. I don't know if that is true tonight but I do know WYMT interviewed someone about the case today. I don't think that Phillip can raised $10,000 in bail money. I know nothing can bring back his mother, but I do hope this will give some closer to her brothers and nieces and nephews.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Jacqueline wrote:I have known this man most of my life and this was a very sad situation. Goes to show what alcohol and drugs will do to a person. I have also wondered why his bond is so low but was told that he hasn't been in front of the judge yet that it may be raised. I don't know if that is true tonight but I do know WYMT interviewed someone about the case today. I don't think that Phillip can raised $10,000 in bail money. I know nothing can bring back his mother, but I do hope this will give some closer to her brothers and nieces and nephews.

I didn't mean I don't know if this is true tonight. I mean or not. I think I was thinking faster than I was typing, sorry if this caused confusion.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:25 pm

Jacqueline wrote:I have known this man most of my life and this was a very sad situation. Goes to show what alcohol and drugs will do to a person. I have also wondered why his bond is so low but was told that he hasn't been in front of the judge yet that it may be raised. I don't know if that is true tonight but I do know WYMT interviewed someone about the case today. I don't think that Phillip can raised $10,000 in bail money. I know nothing can bring back his mother, but I do hope this will give some closer to her brothers and nieces and nephews.

Nothing on the HDE or WYMT website yet.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Jasmine » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:40 pm

There shouldn't be a bond set until he goes before a judge. The inconsistencies in bond amounts for various people and crimes amazes me. A life is worth more than $10,000.
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:57 pm

It's been increased to $25,000 which I consider small considering the charge.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:46 pm

I hear he left his sickly mother unattended for lengthy periods of time.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:43 pm

All I can say is having worked in a hospital for years, this is the saddest thing I have ever heard of. You older people probably know who his mother was and his dad, too.
His mother worked at the clinic in billing and his dad did the EKG's for both the hospital and clinic. Good people they were. What is sad is her brothers wanted to take her home with them but her son wouldn't let them.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Jacqueline wrote:All I can say is having worked in a hospital for years, this is the saddest thing I have ever heard of. You older people probably know who his mother was and his dad, too.
His mother worked at the clinic in billing and his dad did the EKG's for both the hospital and clinic. Good people they were. What is sad is her brothers wanted to take her home with them but her son wouldn't let them.

She isn't dead what I'm being told, so that must be attempt murder or something else...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Jacqueline » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Jacqueline wrote:All I can say is having worked in a hospital for years, this is the saddest thing I have ever heard of. You older people probably know who his mother was and his dad, too.

She isn't dead what I'm being told, so that must be attempt murder or something else...

She is dead too. I don't know who said she wasn't but she is. I talked to her niece this morning and I have talked to other family members in the past.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)

Next

Return to Harlan County News