Marijuana Confiscated: Update 06/06/16

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Chase » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Mr. K. wrote:If somebody is trolling I'll be the first to let them know.




That's a big 10-4 Mr. K. 10-98
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Friend of Pot users » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:29 am

I know a lot of long term pot users..All you have to do is talk to them for a while and you can see what pot does to their brains...Not good. I know several hard drug users (people that shoot up oxys) that have told me they started out with pot when they were young..Pot is a gateway drug that opens a lot of kids up to using hard core drugs. It all needs to be got off the street before it kills all our young people.Most pot users get so defensive when you talk about getting rid of pot...Just like any drug addict would do but they dont realize what its doing to them because they can still function.If they could only see and hear themselves maybe they would change their mind..Even with all that, it is against the law...period....I know drug use in our area seems almost hopeless. I have had a almost hopeless situation in my family but for the first time in years it seems to be getting better..I do know this I am not going to critize anyone out there fighting against it.I hate drugs and what its doing to our people..
Friend of Pot users
 

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:03 am

Great Post and very well said.
Guest
 

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby DonnaB » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 am

In California, it's pretty much legal now to buy, sell, grow, and smoke pot, provided you've got the proper documentation from a doctor, which is pretty easy to get. This article from the New Yorker details the industry that's sprung up around this legalization, filled with people who, you get the feeling, really like smoking pot for recreational and not medical reasons
---
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008 ... ntPage=all
User avatar
DonnaB
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:37 am
Location: Louisville

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby RAP » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:53 am

I do not nor have I ever smoked pot, and I am a sixties teenager. I had many friends who did. I know
one young women who smoked it daily until about six
years ago. she did lots of drugs and maybe five or six
years later she quit everything except pot. She has
held down a job and is now an exec in a high position
in the company. She did not quit smoking pot or cigs
until she became a christian. NO this is not a religious
post! The point I am trying to make is pot is no more harmful than alcohol. Both lead to other things as well
as destroying your brain cells and body in general. The
drugs are not the cause of the abuse the person who
decides to abuse them in the first place is. But once you are hooked it is to late, your escape has captured
you and YOU have to escape from them. Only YOU
can do it! Not those of us who love you. Drugs have
been used to save lives and greed and selfishness
has made them the enemy. Also I want to say as long
as pot is against the law we should not use it except
by perscription from a doctor. The law is the law we
don't obey what we want and break the ones we don't
agree with, unless it causes us to break Gods law.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Jack Rabbit » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:00 am

I know they found over 46.000 plants in one area of one day in Harlan last year. What is the street value on that?

As they say seeing is believing.I didn't see it so I don't believe it.
Legalize it already.Damn.
User avatar
Jack Rabbit
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: Hell

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Friend of Pot users » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 pm

You know something I agree anything you want to put in your body is your buisness as long as it doesn't affect me or mine...You smoking pot does affect me..I don't want to meet you on the road someday when you've decided to get high and maybe forget to stop for that stop sign and ram the side of my car..You decide to shoot up on oxys and find you don't have any and decide to steal my stuff to get your daily supply. That affects me..Everything we do in life affects someone. You eating to much fat doesnt directly bother me other than making healthcare and Ins. go up..But the other things could change my life so Dont do it.I don't know you but I am pretty sure my your defensive post you are a pot smoker..I feel sorry for you that you have to have a crutch to make it in life...You need to be set free....
Friend of Pot users
 

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Fox » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Since the 20's it's been the gun owners, drinkers, now it's the smokers, and next it's going to be the overweight people whose Constitutional rights are under attack.


I have to agree with you on this concept, however, my feeling is it is citizen's lack of responsibility in these areas that causes the government to act. When it comes to smoking tobacco or marijuana, do you really think no one else is affected by the actions either directly or indirectly? I know people with asthma or have children with asthma that fear going out into the public for fear of second hand smoke or just the smell of smoke on someone's clothing causing an asthma attack. How much do tax payers spend on cancers and heart problems directly associated with smoking? My sentiments can be extrapolated to include marijuana and other drugs.
You mentioned overweight people. That is a little trickier subject. It is not a cut and dry issue. There are so many variables when discussing this that you can't, in reality, make a comparison (genetics, medical conditions, exercise or lack of, etc.).
However, one of my pet peeves is standing in the grocery line behind someone with "food stamps" and they have a cart piled to the top with pounds and pounds of junk food and crap that somehow we taxpayers get forced to pay for. Just my opinion.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Fox
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby DarkFairy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:33 pm

I got to say, I don't think Mr. K is a pot smoker...lol I think he is just for our FREEDOMS as Americans.

Freedoms that are slowly trying to be taken away, this is one thing I think we actually agree on.

Just saying.....
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
User avatar
DarkFairy
 
Posts: 6672
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Chase » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Fox wrote:
Since the 20's it's been the gun owners, drinkers, now it's the smokers, and next it's going to be the overweight people whose Constitutional rights are under attack.


I have to agree with you on this concept, however, my feeling is it is citizen's lack of responsibility in these areas that causes the government to act. When it comes to smoking tobacco or marijuana, do you really think no one else is affected by the actions either directly or indirectly? I know people with asthma or have children with asthma that fear going out into the public for fear of second hand smoke or just the smell of smoke on someone's clothing causing an asthma attack. How much do tax payers spend on cancers and heart problems directly associated with smoking? My sentiments can be extrapolated to include marijuana and other drugs.
You mentioned overweight people. That is a little trickier subject. It is not a cut and dry issue. There are so many variables when discussing this that you can't, in reality, make a comparison (genetics, medical conditions, exercise or lack of, etc.).
However, one of my pet peeves is standing in the grocery line behind someone with "food stamps" and they have a cart piled to the top with pounds and pounds of junk food and crap that somehow we taxpayers get forced to pay for. Just my opinion.

Friend of Pot users wrote:You know something I agree anything you want to put in your body is your buisness as long as it doesn't affect me or mine...You smoking pot does affect me..I don't want to meet you on the road someday when you've decided to get high and maybe forget to stop for that stop sign and ram the side of my car..You decide to shoot up on oxys and find you don't have any and decide to steal my stuff to get your daily supply. That affects me..Everything we do in life affects someone. You eating to much fat doesnt directly bother me other than making healthcare and Ins. go up..But the other things could change my life so Dont do it.I don't know you but I am pretty sure my your defensive post you are a pot smoker..I feel sorry for you that you have to have a crutch to make it in life...You need to be set free....



I do agree with Fox on this issue. "Friend of a Pot Smoker" also posts a good message. I disagree with Mr. K on what goes in your bodies. Yes, you do have a right to put anything in your body that you want. Controlling it, and I mean by that, controlling what it does to you is another thing. If you get out of controll while smoking it, shooting it up, or inhaling it, and this substance alters you in any way that might jeopardize someone else's safety, then that is why the government has to make some kind of laws about it. I really don't think it is telling you what you can or can't do, but rather what the law says they will do if you harm someone else. I am all for the second amendment and will stand for it no matter what, but I don't think this is anywhere in the same catagory that illegal drugs are in. Heck as a matter of fact that is why they don't want guns to fall into the hands of criminals or the insane. Laws are made for protection.

Friend of a Pot smoker, I think we had a thread pertaining to this on another board and I do believe I read where Mr. K posted he had never used marijuana or any drugs and I do remember I was impressed with him for saying that and so many on this board that defended legalization of marijuana but had never smoked it. Just because someone defends the use of marijuana doesn't mean they are users. I don't smoke cigerettes, but I do defend the smoker's rights. Obesity is such a hard struggle for those who are obese and I feel for the obese person much more than any other thing they are struggling with. Yes, it is in your genes sometimes and I do agree with Mr. K about the government should have no influence on the fast food places and restaurants that won't serve them. That is no only cruel but not the American way. This could go on and on and that is why I don't like to get into this topic about marijuana and drugs etc..........It just never goes anywhere and nobody can change the other party's views on this subject. They can defend their opinions and no one should throw or insinuate poor qualities about that person just because their opinion differs from yours.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Chase » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:37 pm

DarkFairy wrote:I got to say, I don't think Mr. K is a pot smoker...lol I think he is just for our FREEDOMS as Americans.

Freedoms that are slowly trying to be taken away.

Just saying.....




DF, that was said with few words, but very well put. Yes our freedoms are slowly being tried to be taken away.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Fox » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:40 pm

The point is, individuals should take personal responsibility. It's not the government's place to regulate people's bodies and penalize the majority of responsible people who can take things in moderation.


Amen to that %110. However, the government should protect us from those that are not responsible or let us protect ourselves from them.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Fox
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Pappy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Fox wrote:
The point is, individuals should take personal responsibility. It's not the government's place to regulate people's bodies and penalize the majority of responsible people who can take things in moderation.


Amen to that %110. However, the government should protect us from those that are not responsible or let us protect ourselves from them.


When and where is the big Bon Fire,ill make sure im down wind.lmao
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6843
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby RAP » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:28 pm

We all agree it is against the law to drink and drive,
it is also against the law to take drugs and drive and
yet whether it is pot or boose they are using they are
charged with driving under the influence of a/d. So why is one any more against the law than the other?
The fine is pretty much the same, both are
mistemenors. {Sp ck} I know I sound like I am defending pot but I have no reason to. All I am saying
is each has some for and some against, and none
makes sence to me. I drink a beer or a glass of wine
even a mixed drink at times but by no means do I
get drunk at no time, nor do I drive under the
influence. If I have this right why are pot smokers any differant as long as they do not endanger any
one else? Just one reason the law says no. If you
want this changed then change the law.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby jeepers creepers » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:10 pm

When and where is the big Bon Fire,ill make sure im down wind.lmao[/quote]
I'll bring potato chips, twinkies and nutty bars!!!
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
User avatar
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:47 pm
Location: Wallins Creek

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests