Marijuana Confiscated: Update 06/06/16

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby RAP » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 am

[quote="Rusty Shackleford"][quote="Fox"] To accuse our national guard and KSP of illegal activity and corruption is a serious accusation. I hope you can back up your allegations.

{RAP}Well sir lets hear it.

{rusty}As for you fed I do know everything.
{RAP}Then do something if you know so much!

{rusty} By the way I'm fed too, fed up. Fed up with
watching the drug business devour this county, state,
and country. Anybody noticed how many new drug
stores are springing up? Why would they need that
many new drug stores?
{Rap}Maybe because there are so many people like
my husband who is very sick and needs them to stay
alive!

{rusty} I say the death penalty for drug dealers, life
without parole for even simple possession. Nobody
will agree to that tho. Too many reliant on the drug
trade.
{RAP}What a selfrighous, Poompus ass you are!
Some day you will have to eat those words, and I
hope you choke on them.

{rusty}There is not a man woman or child in this county that does not in some way benefit from the illegal drug trade. NONE!
{RAP}So you benefit also right big shot!!

{rusty}I'm not directly accusing anybody of anything. I'm making factual statements about what I have SEEN with my own eys at some point in time. I can't prove I saw it, the can't prove I didn't.. and so it goes.
{RAP} In other words I saw it, I know it, but don't
have the guts to come forward and prove it just want
to shoot my mouth off.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby graveyard » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:
Fox wrote:Mr. Shackleford, I know a lot of the men in the Marijuana eradication task force and I am sure they would love for you to tell them face to face what you are accusing them of. To accuse our national guard and KSP of illegal activity and corruption is a serious accusation. I hope you can back up your allegations. As for hunting around for a few pot plants, I know they found over 46.000 plants in one area of one day in Harlan last year. What is the street value on that?

They ain't found 46,000 pot plants in Harlan county in the last 46 years! As for you fed I do know everything. By the way I'm fed too, fed up. Fed up with watching the drug business devour this county, state, and country. Anybody noticed how many new drug stores are springing up? Why would they need that many new drug stores? Drive from here to Corbin. Look at all the new drug stores on opposite sides of the road from each other. I say the death penalty for drug dealers, life without parole for even simple possession. Nobody will agree to that tho. Too many reliant on the drug trade. There is not a man woman or child in this county that does not in some way benefit from the illegal drug trade. NONE!
You say half the drugs confiscated in raids are Marijuana. That's 50%. Try 2%.
I'm not directly accusing anybody of anything. I'm making factual statements about what I have SEEN with my own eys at some point in time. I can't prove I saw it, the can't prove I didn't.. and so it goes.

thats great. i do disagree with the life wop for possession. but the mass quantities of drugstores going up is incredible. a friend who lives in Pineville told me that when they are done building the walgreens and whatever else they are building, there will be more drug stores in the city limits than restaurants. WTF??
Go to sleep crazy lady!
User avatar
graveyard
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: at the end of my rope

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:39 am

Chase wrote:I do think it is necessary to remove the marijuana plants just like all the other drugs that are feeding our citizens. I do resent the statement made by a poster on here who accused our task force of only burning part of the plant and accusations made about not burning the other part of the plant. Everyone has an opinion about marijuana use and I have mine. I have never smoked it, nor do I want to and I definitely do not want my children to smoke it. If I did smoke pot I definitely would have it around my kids or even in the house where my kids lived. My whole point is I am glad the task force made a good raid and hope to see many more, if it is out there. Good job guys/girls.

I'm just curious, don't you think the amount of money spent, to get the amount of pot they do, could be better spent to get more harmful drugs off the street? My original post said "Priorities". Anyone know what that means? First things first. You walk in a room and face a copperhead, a mouse , and a cockroach. Which one you going after first? Me I hit the copperhead. The way you all are talking you would go for the cockroach...
I don't smoke pot. Neither does my family. That wasn't my point. I agree it is an illegal drug, but not with the importance attached to it. Kill the copperhead first, before it's too late.
Rusty Shackleford
 

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:43 am

Chase wrote:I want to correct the statement about having the pot around my kids. If I smoked pot, I definitely would NOT have it around my kids or in my house. My last post the not was left off would. LOl....too sleepy to think,,,,,,had a busy day today. Left at 5:00 AM this morning. I agree with GFUNK on his post. I think I would be very careful of making a statement like that without some type of proof. Especially with all the people involved with this task force who reads the playhouse. They will definitely call you out on it.

Not a problem. I'll meet with anyone of them at any time. I'll not get specific on here. Sorry you'll have to get your gossip somewhere else.
Rusty Shackleford
 

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:43 am

[quote="Rusty Shackleford"][quote="Fox"] To accuse our national guard and KSP of illegal activity and corruption is a serious accusation. I hope you can back up your allegations.

{RAP}Well sir lets hear it.
I saw what I saw. I say I did, they say I didn't. It's just who you believe.

{rusty}As for you fed I do know everything.
{RAP}Then do something if you know so much!
I'm doing it. I'm on here pissin people off. The madder more people get, the more likely they will act.

{rusty} By the way I'm fed too, fed up. Fed up with
watching the drug business devour this county, state,
and country. Anybody noticed how many new drug
stores are springing up? Why would they need that
many new drug stores?
{Rap}Maybe because there are so many people like
my husband who is very sick and needs them to stay
alive!
I'm very sorry your husband is sick. I will pray for him, if it's OK with you. I know he needs his medication. BUT there are not enough legitimate sick people to support that many drug stores.

{rusty} I say the death penalty for drug dealers, life
without parole for even simple possession. Nobody
will agree to that tho. Too many reliant on the drug
trade.
{RAP}What a selfrighous, Poompus ass you are!
Some day you will have to eat those words, and I
hope you choke on them.
I wish drug dealers dead, and addicts off the street. If I choke on it, I'll just have to choke on it. I'll not eat those words tho.

{rusty}There is not a man woman or child in this county that does not in some way benefit from the illegal drug trade. NONE!
{RAP}So you benefit also right big shot!!
Yep, I do. There's a Chevy dealer, grocery stores, fast food joints, Wal-Mart, Big Lots, ATV stores, and banks that would not still be here if not for the amount of drug money being spent in this county. Not enough coal money, welfare money, and Social Security to keep ALL these businesses here.

{rusty}I'm not directly accusing anybody of anything. I'm making factual statements about what I have SEEN with my own eyes at some point in time. I can't prove I saw it, they can't prove I didn't.. and so it goes.
{RAP} In other words I saw it, I know it, but don't
have the guts to come forward and prove it just want
to shoot my mouth off.
Oh, I got the guts! I just don't have a corroborating witness. Why don't you help me, instead of fighting me? I'm not the enemy. We can't fight among ourselves, and still defeat the common foe.
Rusty Shackleford
 

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Chase » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:24 am

graveyard wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:
Fox wrote:Mr. Shackleford, I know a lot of the men in the Marijuana eradication task force and I am sure they would love for you to tell them face to face what you are accusing them of. To accuse our national guard and KSP of illegal activity and corruption is a serious accusation. I hope you can back up your allegations. As for hunting around for a few pot plants, I know they found over 46.000 plants in one area of one day in Harlan last year. What is the street value on that?

They ain't found 46,000 pot plants in Harlan county in the last 46 years! As for you fed I do know everything. By the way I'm fed too, fed up. Fed up with watching the drug business devour this county, state, and country. Anybody noticed how many new drug stores are springing up? Why would they need that many new drug stores? Drive from here to Corbin. Look at all the new drug stores on opposite sides of the road from each other. I say the death penalty for drug dealers, life without parole for even simple possession. Nobody will agree to that tho. Too many reliant on the drug trade. There is not a man woman or child in this county that does not in some way benefit from the illegal drug trade. NONE!
You say half the drugs confiscated in raids are Marijuana. That's 50%. Try 2%.
I'm not directly accusing anybody of anything. I'm making factual statements about what I have SEEN with my own eys at some point in time. I can't prove I saw it, the can't prove I didn't.. and so it goes.

thats great. i do disagree with the life wop for possession. but the mass quantities of drugstores going up is incredible. a friend who lives in Pineville told me that when they are done building the walgreens and whatever else they are building, there will be more drug stores in the city limits than restaurants. WTF??



Have you ever thought about the fact of the "Obama Care" plan for health care of how many more clinics and drug stores are gona have to be opened to take care of the everyone who will have health care? This nation's health care facilities, including drug stores will be so over crowded, with what we have now there aren't enough to handle more people who will be getting perscriptions and medical supplies. These places like Walgreens and CVS and national drug store chains are going to have the manopoly on the perscriptions from the doctor.

To Rusty Shackleford, I think you made a statement about the burning of the marijuana plants you can't back up with any proof. As a matter of fact I think your post was a little bit overboard with you accusing a task force of keeping some of the crop. I am sure some will have to be kept as evidence to present in court. That is after it is processed and logged and lab results done on it. I would say it might even be sent to Franfork's evidence lab. It's not like they have a facility to store it before they bring it to court after the arrest has been made. Therefore after all this processing it has to be destroyed. An opinion is yours, and your right to express it. Having the facts to back up your accusations is more important. Personally I would think it being more than 46,000 plants of eradication. I think somewhere there are stats on it.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby RAP » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Rusty, I think your problem is you need to use a little
tact in your speech. No one likes to be attacked verbally or physicaly. Our first reaction is to defend
ourselves from whomever attacts. Your opinions are just that, opinions, We all have them and like you we
give them but we don't attack those who do not agree
with us. As a matter of fact I agree with you on a lot
of things you said. I HATE drugs I have never taken any and will never as long as I can keep from it. I
have seen people I love destroyed because of them and I would burn every pot plant that I could find personally if it would make a differance. I also know
that there are crooked cops we all do but I thank
them and God for the good ones and am very grateful
for thier hard work and the danger they put
themselves in to protect me and my loved ones.
Let's you and I start at the beginning and see if we
can agree to disagree. You have never seen someone
you love more than life hooked on drugs and know
that nothing you do will stop it, the feelings of hopelessness at that fact, and knowing they don't like
being who they are and would rather be dead than
live on the way they are. It's called addition. It is
hopelessness. I hope you don't have to choke on your
words. I am truly sorry I said that to you. :oops:
I would never hope that on anyone I know I've been
there, done that. :cry: :cry:
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:
Chase wrote:I want to correct the statement about having the pot around my kids. If I smoked pot, I definitely would NOT have it around my kids or in my house. My last post the not was left off would. LOl....too sleepy to think,,,,,,had a busy day today. Left at 5:00 AM this morning. I agree with GFUNK on his post. I think I would be very careful of making a statement like that without some type of proof. Especially with all the people involved with this task force who reads the playhouse. They will definitely call you out on it.

Not a problem. I'll meet with anyone of them at any time. I'll not get specific on here. Sorry you'll have to get your gossip somewhere else.
Sheriff Lipfird gave you 10 to 12 ways to contact him, and as far as I know you haven't.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20926
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:27 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:
Chase wrote:I want to correct the statement about having the pot around my kids. If I smoked pot, I definitely would NOT have it around my kids or in my house. My last post the not was left off would. LOl....too sleepy to think,,,,,,had a busy day today. Left at 5:00 AM this morning. I agree with GFUNK on his post. I think I would be very careful of making a statement like that without some type of proof. Especially with all the people involved with this task force who reads the playhouse. They will definitely call you out on it.

Not a problem. I'll meet with anyone of them at any time. I'll not get specific on here. Sorry you'll have to get your gossip somewhere else.
Sheriff Lipfird gave you 10 to 12 ways to contact him, and as far as I know you haven't.

HOW do you know that?
Rusty Shackleford
 

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:31 pm

"You have never seen someone
you love more than life hooked on drugs and know
that nothing you do will stop it, the feelings of hopelessness at that fact,"

When you bury one of your children due to drugs then you can tell me I haven't seen it....
Rusty Shackleford
 

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Chase » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:
Chase wrote:I want to correct the statement about having the pot around my kids. If I smoked pot, I definitely would NOT have it around my kids or in my house. My last post the not was left off would. LOl....too sleepy to think,,,,,,had a busy day today. Left at 5:00 AM this morning. I agree with GFUNK on his post. I think I would be very careful of making a statement like that without some type of proof. Especially with all the people involved with this task force who reads the playhouse. They will definitely call you out on it.

Not a problem. I'll meet with anyone of them at any time. I'll not get specific on here. Sorry you'll have to get your gossip somewhere else.



Rusty, you have opened up a can of worms on this topic, so let's just follow on through with it. If what you saw is the truth, then it does need to be brought out. Have you ever thought that a registered member might have seen the destruction of evidence too? To continue on with that statement, and has seen every leaf, every stem and every bud and every plant accounted for and destroyed? No media around! Too numerous times to count.

This county has never had the attack on drugs that we are having now. You speak of letting the pot crops alone and going after hard core drug dealers, well you need to pay attention a little more to what is being done in the last to years to kill that theory of yours. It is seasonal for eradication and of course this time of the year is the time to "nip it in the bud" before it hits the streets. Maybe you should pay more attention to April Showers' post and that is only a drop in the bucket to what can happen with any drug including marijuana. MY OPINION AND WITH EVIDENCE that can happen. I hate drug dealers too, I hate anything that will consume someone's life to the point that is all they care about to get their hands on with any cost. Every family in this county has had someone on drugs and it does hurt to see someone you care about do this to themselves. It is the same with alcohol. The ole say "you have to hit rock bottom" has to happen before anyone can see what's happening to them. I don't have to go into all this, but just making a point that I think we all know the horror of drug and alcohol abuse. You seem to be a very intelligent person and don't pull any punches in what you say, I just think you are kind of pointing your finger at innocent people who are risking their lives for the sake of making it a little safer to remove this poison from the street. What if they did nothing? Will you answer that for us?
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Chase » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:45 am

I forgot to add also, You're not doing a little trolling are you? We members of this forum are pretty smart too. If you can't see that from the replies then you must rethink how much you know. Always enjoy a good spirited posting of yours. LOL
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby RAP » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:32 am

Good reply chase you said what I really wanted to say
but allowed my hurt to stop my brain. Thank you for
your level head. Drugs are killing thousands a day in
this country. There is too much money involved to
completely stop it, tobacco is a good example to show
this. :? :o
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby RAP » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:55 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:"You have never seen someone
you love more than life hooked on drugs and know
that nothing you do will stop it, the feelings of hopelessness at that fact,"

When you bury one of your children due to drugs then you can tell me I haven't seen it....


I almost have they were just not sucessful thank
god! And I will do everything in my power to keep
it that way. Life is worth living and tomorrow something may happen to help the desperate to
see that. I am so sorry for your loss and your pain.
I can see you are trying to do something about it
and I hope you get on the right path to do so without
so much anger. I feel your pain. :evil: :evil:
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
User avatar
RAP
The Waltons
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:24 am

Chase wrote:I forgot to add also, You're not doing a little trolling are you? We members of this forum are pretty smart too. If you can't see that from the replies then you must rethink how much you know. Always enjoy a good spirited posting of yours. LOL

I might be, what's trolling?
Guest
 

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests