Marijuana Confiscated: Update 06/06/16

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby jeepers creepers » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:25 am

PMomStressed wrote:Do you think they will be burning the evidence anytime soon??? i wondered why the cops looked so Happy today...LOL

Anyone know where they will be burning it at and when? ;)
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby DarkFairy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:27 pm

FED wrote:REREAD my post, MOVE it along with the hard core drugs. What are you trying to say, for the PO PO to turn their heads on pot. If it is illegal and if and when it ever becomes legal, they are doing their job now. So if you like it and want to use it, then you are either gona have to grow it or continue to buy it illegally. Now before you get all up in the air, I don't know whether you use it or not, and don't care. If the Ky state police and harlan sheriffs office don't get the pot plants and just go after the OCs and xanax and lortabs and all the other scheduled narcotics, then they are half doing their job. You would be surprised how much pot is always found with the dealers who are also dealing the strong stuff. For now it is illegal to use, sell, or harvest marijuana. If you don't like how the job is done complain to the authorities.

You would be surprised who I have complained to about it being legalized.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby April Showers » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:49 pm

I could care less if it is legalized...could care less if it is illegal. I smoked cigarettes for 20 years and I drank in my 20's...I never wanted to smoke weed, and I never did. It was there, had friends who did it, still know folks who smoke it on a daily basis, they are burn outs and addicted to being high...but I still love them!

I had a friend when I was a Sophomore in high school who's name was Wesley. We lived in a suburb of Atlanta. Wes had smoked pot since he was in 7th grade, everyday, sometimes all day...his Mom knew, his Dad knew and a lot of the times...lol...I thought they encouraged Wes to smoke it... Anyway...at close to the end of my Sophomore year in high school, Wes was killed in a car wreck...along with 2 more of our friends and an entire family...Mom, Dad, and 4 kids...Seems as though Wes and some friends got high...and decided to drive around impaired...Wes, the driver, went the wrong way down an exit ramp hitting head on and killing an entire family...he was doing well over 70 mph at impact with no intentions of stopping the police said...(no skid marks at the point of impact). The only drug present in the tox report was marijuana...Wes' brother said he and the friends had been smoking it and riding around, they had dropped him off at around 10 pm and went back out...do I think marijuana contributed to the deaths of 9 people? Yes!!! Marijuana is a drug. Just like alcohol, just like oxycontin, just like xanax...it's an impairing drug. If my friend hadn't been a 'pot head' would he be alive today? IDK I don't have those answers...but I am not willing to chance it by doing drugs...I guess this is why I never really wanted to do drugs...
April Showers

Postby FED » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:08 pm

April Showers wrote:I could care less if it is legalized...could care less if it is illegal. I smoked cigarettes for 20 years and I drank in my 20's...I never wanted to smoke weed, and I never did. It was there, had friends who did it, still know folks who smoke it on a daily basis, they are burn outs and addicted to being high...but I still love them!

I had a friend when I was a Sophomore in high school who's name was Wesley. We lived in a suburb of Atlanta. Wes had smoked pot since he was in 7th grade, everyday, sometimes all day...his Mom knew, his Dad knew and a lot of the times...lol...I thought they encouraged Wes to smoke it... Anyway...at close to the end of my Sophomore year in high school, Wes was killed in a car wreck...along with 2 more of our friends and an entire family...Mom, Dad, and 4 kids...Seems as though Wes and some friends got high...and decided to drive around impaired...Wes, the driver, went the wrong way down an exit ramp hitting head on and killing an entire family...he was doing well over 70 mph at impact with no intentions of stopping the police said...(no skid marks at the point of impact). The only drug present in the tox report was marijuana...Wes' brother said he and the friends had been smoking it and riding around, they had dropped him off at around 10 pm and went back out...do I think marijuana contributed to the deaths of 9 people? Yes!!! Marijuana is a drug. Just like alcohol, just like oxycontin, just like xanax...it's an impairing drug. If my friend hadn't been a 'pot head' would he be alive today? IDK I don't have those answers...but I am not willing to chance it by doing drugs...I guess this is why I never really wanted to do drugs...

Good post April Showers. I would like to say I am very sorry about your friend and especially the heartbreak for all the families involved. I am in agreement with you about the smoking of marijuana. Every drug will have a different effect on each individual. I know that most say smoking pot is harmless, but if it is so harmless then why is it no one wants their children using it. I won't argue the marijuana argument because of the fact of how pro and con people take a stand on this. Anytime something makes one impaired to do normal cognitive skills, it is a drug. I will say you have a very good outlook on it and I wish more would see it this way. Marijuana might not be classified as Oxycontin or percocet or xanax or lortab, but it can be as dangerous such as was proven of what your friend did.
FED

Postby DarkFairy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:35 pm

FED wrote:
April Showers wrote:I could care less if it is legalized...could care less if it is illegal. I smoked cigarettes for 20 years and I drank in my 20's...I never wanted to smoke weed, and I never did. It was there, had friends who did it, still know folks who smoke it on a daily basis, they are burn outs and addicted to being high...but I still love them!

Good post April Showers. I would like to say I am very sorry about your friend and especially the heartbreak for all the families involved. I am in agreement with you about the smoking of marijuana. Every drug will have a different effect on each individual. I know that most say smoking pot is harmless, but if it is so harmless then why is it no one wants their children using it. I won't argue the marijuana argument because of the fact of how pro and con people take a stand on this. Anytime something makes one impaired to do normal cognitive skills, it is a drug. I will say you have a very good outlook on it and I wish more would see it this way. Marijuana might not be classified as Oxycontin or percocet or xanax or lortab, but it can be as dangerous such as was proven of what your friend did.

I would venture to say that people do not want their kids smoking pot because children should not be doing anything that alters their state of mind. Why? Because they are children.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Fox » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Mr. Shackleford, I know a lot of the men in the Marijuana eradication task force and I am sure they would love for you to tell them face to face what you are accusing them of. To accuse our national guard and KSP of illegal activity and corruption is a serious accusation. I hope you can back up your allegations. As for hunting around for a few pot plants, I know they found over 46.000 plants in one area of one day in Harlan last year. What is the street value on that?
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
Fox

Postby DarkFairy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Fox wrote:Mr. Shackleford, I know a lot of the men in the Marijuana eradication task force and I am sure they would love for you to tell them face to face what you are accusing them of. To accuse our national guard and KSP of illegal activity and corruption is a serious accusation. I hope you can back up your allegations. As for hunting around for a few pot plants, I know they found over 46.000 plants in one area of one day in Harlan last year. What is the street value on that?

Where exactly was it they found them? lol (just joking)
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Friend of helicopter pilot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:10 pm

They also find a lot of meth labs..they are more of a drug task force..remember the trooper that got hurt last year...they risk their live to try to make this world a little safer for all of us and I for one appreciate it...
Friend of helicopter pilot

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Fox wrote:Mr. Shackleford, I know a lot of the men in the Marijuana eradication task force and I am sure they would love for you to tell them face to face what you are accusing them of. To accuse our national guard and KSP of illegal activity and corruption is a serious accusation. I hope you can back up your allegations. As for hunting around for a few pot plants, I know they found over 46.000 plants in one area of one day in Harlan last year. What is the street value on that?

They ain't found 46,000 pot plants in Harlan county in the last 46 years! As for you fed I do know everything. By the way I'm fed too, fed up. Fed up with watching the drug business devour this county, state, and country. Anybody noticed how many new drug stores are springing up? Why would they need that many new drug stores? Drive from here to Corbin. Look at all the new drug stores on opposite sides of the road from each other. I say the death penalty for drug dealers, life without parole for even simple possession. Nobody will agree to that tho. Too many reliant on the drug trade. There is not a man woman or child in this county that does not in some way benefit from the illegal drug trade. NONE!
You say half the drugs confiscated in raids are Marijuana. That's 50%. Try 2%.
I'm not directly accusing anybody of anything. I'm making factual statements about what I have SEEN with my own eys at some point in time. I can't prove I saw it, the can't prove I didn't.. and so it goes.
Rusty Shackleford

Postby Chase » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 pm

I do think it is necessary to remove the marijuana plants just like all the other drugs that are feeding our citizens. I do resent the statement made by a poster on here who accused our task force of only burning part of the plant and accusations made about not burning the other part of the plant. Everyone has an opinion about marijuana use and I have mine. I have never smoked it, nor do I want to and I definitely do not want my children to smoke it. If I did smoke pot I definitely would have it around my kids or even in the house where my kids lived. My whole point is I am glad the task force made a good raid and hope to see many more, if it is out there. Good job guys/girls.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:That makes me sick. There are twenty thousand hard core drug dealers in and around Harlan county. They just spent a quarter million dollars eradicating 100 pot plants. Priorities people priorities!! I's about time for em to raid the county's three remaining bootleggers again. Check that weed when they burn it for the media out at the post. Just stems and leaves, no buds...
I just made a post regarding this very thing. You can't make such a post without some type of proof. I hope accusations such as that don't end up biting you in the ass.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Chase » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:05 pm

I want to correct the statement about having the pot around my kids. If I smoked pot, I definitely would NOT have it around my kids or in my house. My last post the not was left off would. LOl....too sleepy to think,,,,,,had a busy day today. Left at 5:00 AM this morning. I agree with GFUNK on his post. I think I would be very careful of making a statement like that without some type of proof. Especially with all the people involved with this task force who reads the playhouse. They will definitely call you out on it.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Fox » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:16 pm

They ain't found 46,000 pot plants in Harlan county in the last 46 years! As for you fed I do know everything. By the way I'm fed too, fed up. Fed up with watching the drug business devour this county, state, and country. Anybody noticed how many new drug stores are springing up? Why would they need that many new drug stores? Drive from here to Corbin. Look at all the new drug stores on opposite sides of the road from each other. I say the death penalty for drug dealers, life without parole for even simple possession. Nobody will agree to that tho. Too many reliant on the drug trade. There is not a man woman or child in this county that does not in some way benefit from the illegal drug trade. NONE!
You say half the drugs confiscated in raids are Marijuana. That's 50%. Try 2%.
I'm not directly accusing anybody of anything. I'm making factual statements about what I have SEEN with my own eys at some point in time. I can't prove I saw it, the can't prove I didn't.. and so it goes.

LOL. Sounds like you are talking out your rear and slandering our authorities and you can't back up your statement. When I talk to them this week I will ask them what they do with the buds, lol. That is funny right there. I gotta give it to ya man-YOU GOT GUTS! As for the 46,000 plants, that is factual info. The sheriff's dept. assisted with that operation and I am sure they could verify that as well as the task force.
I agree with you on the dope dealers, they need to go. I really don't see one dealer less evil than another though, pot or narcs. They are both preying on the weaknesses of their victims.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
Fox

Postby gizmosmommy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 am

There is not a man woman or child in this county that does not in some way benefit from the illegal drug trade. NONE!

I will tell you one thing. ME OR MY FAMILY DOES NOT BENEFIT FROM IT NEVER HAVE. IF ANYTHING I HAVE SEEN IT DESTROY FAMILY MEMBERS!!! HAVE NO USE FOR IT, DON'T WANT ANY USE FOR IT DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. MAYBE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE BENIFITED FROM IT BUT NOT MINE!!!!
gizmosmommy

Postby RAP » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:52 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:That makes me sick. There are twenty thousand hard core drug dealers in and around Harlan county. They just spent a quarter million dollars eradicating 100 pot plants. Priorities people priorities!! I's about time for em to raid the county's three remaining bootleggers again. Check that weed when they burn it for the media out at the post. Just stems and leaves, no buds...
I just made a post regarding this very thing. You can't make such a post without some type of proof. I hope accusations such as that don't end up biting you in the ass.

You go G! I would like him to put his life on the line
for someone else and then come on here and read
about what a crook he was. I know very well there
are crooked cops but what would we do without the
ones who are not! If you can prove what you say
and don't do something about it you are as bad as
the person that does it. :roll: :roll:
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County News