Marijuana Confiscated: Update 06/06/16

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Marijuana Confiscated: Update 06/06/16

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:55 am

The Sheriff's Department and the State Police conducted a marijuana seizures yesterday at several locations throughout the county. Over 100 plants were cut from area's in Dayhoit and Cloverfork.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Marijuana Confiscated

Postby Susan124 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:07 am

I saw the helicopter flying low over the levee in Rio Vista yesterday. I saw it last week when I was out at James A. Cawood elementary. I guess it's getting close to harvest time. Good job!
Susan124

Postby DarkFairy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:46 pm

So they just confiscated the plants, no arrests?
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:29 pm

No arrests so fair , but I'm pretty sure their will be. Thank goodness that this has been done. They have been flying over here for a month now. It was really creeping us out , due to we ride around a lot in the mountains. This year will be my first year planting clover and setting up a tree stand. Now I'm half scared to go back up where were were setting things up. ( This is nowhere were they found it!) but still it gives you that creepy feeling.
Bring me your abused,bring me your lost souls looking for a home.Bring me the weak and sick,bring me the forgotten ones huddled on the street.{RB}
Jennifer
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby PMomStressed » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Do you think they will be burning the evidence anytime soon??? i wondered why the cops looked so Happy today...LOL
PMomStressed

Postby DarkFairy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Ahhh, I see no point in arresting them, hell they got the stuff so they have nothing to sell...lol
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Chase » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm

I heard the helicopters at 3:30 a.m. Monday morning. I also heard a few four wheelers at that time too. I don't think these were law enforcement people on the four wheelers. It 's amazing how the night vision works on the helicopters. I don't think they are through with this area just yet.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:52 pm

That makes me sick. There are twenty thousand hard core drug dealers in and around Harlan county. They just spent a quarter million dollars eradicating 100 pot plants. Priorities people priorities!! I's about time for em to raid the county's three remaining bootleggers again. Check that weed when they burn it for the media out at the post. Just stems and leaves, no buds...
Rusty Shackleford

Postby Fox » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:59 pm

It wasn't the pot choppers flying at 3:30 AM. Must have been the med chopper.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
Fox

Postby Chase » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:09 pm

I agree it could have been a medi but I couldn't understand why it made two trips from Loyall mountain to Dayhoit. I thought maybe someone was lost or the ceiling was too low for it to land. It was odd it sort of stayed in that area.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Rusty Nail » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:That makes me sick. There are twenty thousand hard core drug dealers in and around Harlan county. They just spent a quarter million dollars eradicating 100 pot plants. Priorities people priorities!! I's about time for em to raid the county's three remaining bootleggers again. Check that weed when they burn it for the media out at the post. Just stems and leaves, no buds...
So you are making the accusation that the police officers keep the buds?
Rusty Nail

Postby DarkFairy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:That makes me sick. There are twenty thousand hard core drug dealers in and around Harlan county. They just spent a quarter million dollars eradicating 100 pot plants. Priorities people priorities!! I's about time for em to raid the county's three remaining bootleggers again. Check that weed when they burn it for the media out at the post. Just stems and leaves, no buds...

I actually agree with you about that, there are so much more they could be worried about besides a few pot plants! But you know alot of these people eat that crap up, like they are really doing something spectacular! :roll:
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby Fed » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Rusty Nail wrote:
So you are making the accusation that the police officers keep the buds?

You seem to know so much about everything Mr. Negativity, why don't you go watch it burn and report back. Or better yet let our sheriff and KSP Captain give you a good view. Hell, I don't care where or how they burn it, it didn't hit the street. You think these hard core drug dealers don't move it along with the OCs and the other hard core drugs. Man you think you know everything, and don't know s&&&.
Fed

Postby DarkFairy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 am

Pot a hard core drug?? geezzzz.....
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby FED » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:20 am

REREAD my post, MOVE it along with the hard core drugs. What are you trying to say, for the PO PO to turn their heads on pot. If it is illegal and if and when it ever becomes legal, they are doing their job now. So if you like it and want to use it, then you are either gona have to grow it or continue to buy it illegally. Now before you get all up in the air, I don't know whether you use it or not, and don't care. If the Ky state police and harlan sheriffs office don't get the pot plants and just go after the OCs and xanax and lortabs and all the other scheduled narcotics, then they are half doing their job. You would be surprised how much pot is always found with the dealers who are also dealing the strong stuff. For now it is illegal to use, sell, or harvest marijuana. If you don't like how the job is done complain to the authorities.
FED

Next

Return to Harlan County News