Murder Charge Harlan DC

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Re: Murder Charge Harlan DC

Postby Pappy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Jacqueline wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Jacqueline wrote:All I can say is having worked in a hospital for years, this is the saddest thing I have ever heard of. You older people probably know who his mother was and his dad, too.
His mother worked at the clinic in billing and his dad did the EKG's for both the hospital and clinic. Good people they were. What is sad is her brothers wanted to take her home with them but her son wouldn't let them.

She isn't dead what I'm being told, so that must be attempt murder or something else...

She is dead too. I don't know who said she wasn't but she is. I talked to her niece this morning and I have talked to other family members in the past.

Angry White Guy has been sniffing the Slop Jar again? :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Demon Hunter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Man indicted for murder in mother’s death
Police say autopsy points to malnutrition
Demon Hunter

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Jacqueline wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Jacqueline wrote:All I can say is having worked in a hospital for years, this is the saddest thing I have ever heard of. You older people probably know who his mother was and his dad, too.
His mother worked at the clinic in billing and his dad did the EKG's for both the hospital and clinic. Good people they were. What is sad is her brothers wanted to take her home with them but her son wouldn't let them.

She isn't dead what I'm being told, so that must be attempt murder or something else...

She is dead too. I don't know who said she wasn't but she is. I talked to her niece this morning and I have talked to other family members in the past.

She isn't dead what I'm being told
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Jasmine » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:16 pm

You've been told wrong. Carolyn King from up in Cumberland is dead. Starved to death by her son. http://harlandaily.com/news/3756/man-in ... hers-death
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby upallnight » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:50 am

Adult social services should have been called long ago if the brother knew something.
upallnight

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:01 am

What the hell was the rest of her family doing while the poor woman was neglected and starving? Surely someone in the family that knew what was happening, at least tried to help? i don't think I could sleep if I knew something like this was going on in my family.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Jacqueline » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:21 am

Cate McCalley wrote:What the hell was the rest of her family doing while the poor woman was neglected and starving? Surely someone in the family that knew what was happening, at least tried to help? i don't think I could sleep if I knew something like this was going on in my family.

She had no other family living here other than a grandson and he probably didn't know. Her brothers had tried to get her to come live with them, but Phillip wouldn't let them take her, so I have been told. I do think some of the ladies in the church may have known and a neighbor and they also tried to help but he wouldn't let them either. It boils down to he wanted her check.

I know adult family services fell people in this area. We have called them on our neighbor and all they do is come to the house and don't go in, the man comes to the door and tells them all is OK. So honestly we do not know if that happened or not, but I do know they aren't pushy with it.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 am

I have two dear 85 & 86 year old friends. Both live alone. Both have given me copies of their medical history that includes medications they are taking. Both have responsible adult children that visit them weekly. Their children obviously love them very much. I don't imagine any one of them would intentionally neglect or hurt either of my friends.

Yet, both have shared things with me about their bouts with depression. Things they don't want to worry their kids about. Both have had physical medical problems they haven't shared with their children. I'm only their friend. I value their trust in me, and I believe they value my trust in them. I don't think I will ever have to worry about their children abusing either of them. But should that ever happen, I'm prepared to step in and set things right.

People, we have to look out for those that can no longer look out for themselves. We can't expect our seniors to always carry the ball unassisted. So what if you make a few enemies along the way? Those enemies you will make don't have others best interest at heart to begin with. And to hell with them!!

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:14 pm

The neighbors had to know something.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Legion » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:48 am

Jacqueline wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:What the hell was the rest of her family doing while the poor woman was neglected and starving? Surely someone in the family that knew what was happening, at least tried to help? i don't think I could sleep if I knew something like this was going on in my family.

She had no other family living here other than a grandson and he probably didn't know. Her brothers had tried to get her to come live with them, but Phillip wouldn't let them take her, so I have been told. I do think some of the ladies in the church may have known and a neighbor and they also tried to help but he wouldn't let them either. It boils down to he wanted her check.

I know adult family services fell people in this area. We have called them on our neighbor and all they do is come to the house and don't go in, the man comes to the door and tells them all is OK. So honestly we do not know if that happened or not, but I do know they aren't pushy with it.

He was keeping mommy at home to get her monthly check.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby gonegone » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:29 am

Don't know what finally happened with this case, but I see him running around Cumberland all the time
gonegone

Postby Pappy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am

gonegone wrote:Don't know what finally happened with this case, but I see him running around Cumberland all the time

Hes the Code inforcement officer in Scumberland.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Previous

Return to Harlan County News