UK dooming college basketball?

Everything from Nascar to basketball, college and pro.

UK dooming college basketball?

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:48 pm

I watched the Louisville-Kentucky game Saturday and came away with the perception that I had not witnessed basketball as I know it should be played. This is the only Kentucky game I saw this season. One team smothered its opponent, not randomly, but totally.

My belief is that Kentucky’s coach has planned, through recruitment and coaching tactics, to build a program that smothers and bullies opponents rather than play basketball the way it should be played.

Inevitably, this corruption of college basketball will doom the sport at the college level. No team wants to play that kind of program. I don’t understand how Kentucky’s players tolerate the loss of athletic play in their present up-and-down routine where true competition is never achieved.

The NCAA should reject this corrupted play before other schools reject submitting their programs to participate.

MICHAEL CASSARO
Emeritus Professor –
University of Louisville

Louisville 40207 –
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Re: UK dooming college basketball?

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 am

That's laughable. Talk about sore losers. Maybe if Chris Jones didn't try to flop, and play it up the rest of the half like he was hit, or if Louisville had more than 1 assist. That's right, 1 assist the entire game. I think if I were a Louisville fan I'd keep my mouth shut because you know come NCAA Tournament time the committee will have them in the same division.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby ScArEcRoW » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:38 am

Jay Bilas Said it Best: "That's Embarrassing!"
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:40 am

In my opinion Andrew Harrison played a selfish game. Could be the reason he stunk the place up.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:44 am

goat47 wrote:In my opinion Andrew Harrison played a selfish game. Could be the reason he stunk the place up.

He's worried if he will be drafted in the first round.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:I watched the Louisville-Kentucky game Saturday and came away with the perception that I had not witnessed basketball as I know it should be played. This is the only Kentucky game I saw this season. One team smothered its opponent, not randomly, but totally.

My belief is that Kentucky’s coach has planned, through recruitment and coaching tactics, to build a program that smothers and bullies opponents rather than play basketball the way it should be played.

Inevitably, this corruption of college basketball will doom the sport at the college level. No team wants to play that kind of program. I don’t understand how Kentucky’s players tolerate the loss of athletic play in their present up-and-down routine where true competition is never achieved.

The NCAA should reject this corrupted play before other schools reject submitting their programs to participate.

MICHAEL CASSARO
Emeritus Professor –
University of Louisville

Louisville 40207 –

Does that fool even understand the game of basketball?
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Return to The Sports Lounge