Big Cats

Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, survival preparedness, firearms and ammunition.

Re: Big Cats

Postby ~CJ~ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 pm

They're beautiful animals.
~CJ~

Postby Cotton Hill » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 pm

~CJ~ wrote:They're beautiful animals.

Fluke's coyote date?
Being a liberal means never having to say you're sorry
Cotton Hill

Postby ~CJ~ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Cotton Hill wrote:
~CJ~ wrote:They're beautiful animals.

Fluke's coyote date?

On a roll tonight :lol: I was referring to cougars.
~CJ~

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:10 am

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Legion » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:21 am

Why is this the first time I'm hearing of this?
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Pappy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Legion wrote:Why is this the first time I'm hearing of this?

You got a big Cat?
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby goat47 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw the topic name, and saw that Pappy was the last one to post. Enough Said lol....
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:02 pm

When I was a young lass, before schooling got a hold of me, I got a hold of an empty tobacco pouch. It looked like it might have come from a pirates treasure chest loot. Deciding that it was definitely a Pirates pouch, I figured I would re-stock it with my grandmothers jewelry. She had some brooches, a couple of hat pins and some other pieces, I don't recall what they might have been. Maybe a scarf or tie clip and pin. Anyway, I "borrowed" the stuff for my treasure pouch and headed out to my secret treasure hideout a ways up the holler in back of the house. I had just dug up and counted my other treasure loot, and buried them along with my new treasure pouch (filled with my beloved grandothers jewelry) under a moss covered log. I got off my knees and turned a little sideways to see a mountain lion as big as our neighbors oval washtub, staring me full in the face. It was several trees over, but on the ground and out in the open. The cat wasn't moving and neither was I. Frozen, my heart was racing, but I couldn't move. It seemed like an eternity, before the cat turned its gaze from me and slowly crept down the slope.

Now this happened quite some decades ago, but I would bet my grandmother's borrowed treasure there's mountain lions in them thar hills.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:When I was a young lass, before schooling got a hold of me, I got a hold of an empty tobacco pouch. It looked like it might have come from a pirates treasure chest loot. Deciding that it was definitely a Pirates pouch, I figured I would re-stock it with my grandmothers jewelry. She had some brooches, a couple of hat pins and some other pieces, I don't recall what they might have been. Maybe a scarf or tie clip and pin. Anyway, I "borrowed" the stuff for my treasure pouch and headed out to my secret treasure hideout a ways up the holler in back of the house. I had just dug up and counted my other treasure loot, and buried them along with my new treasure pouch (filled with my beloved grandothers jewelry) under a moss covered log. I got off my knees and turned a little sideways to see a mountain lion as big as our neighbors oval washtub, staring me full in the face. It was several trees over, but on the ground and out in the open. The cat wasn't moving and neither was I. Frozen, my heart was racing, but I couldn't move. It seemed like an eternity, before the cat turned its gaze from me and slowly crept down the slope.

Now this happened quite some decades ago, but I would bet my grandmother's borrowed treasure there's mountain lions in them thar hills.

Speaking of big Cats
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Gopher » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:37 am

Cate McCalley wrote:When I was a young lass, before schooling got a hold of me, I got a hold of an empty tobacco pouch. It looked like it might have come from a pirates treasure chest loot. Deciding that it was definitely a Pirates pouch, I figured I would re-stock it with my grandmothers jewelry. She had some brooches, a couple of hat pins and some other pieces, I don't recall what they might have been. Maybe a scarf or tie clip and pin. Anyway, I "borrowed" the stuff for my treasure pouch and headed out to my secret treasure hideout a ways up the holler in back of the house. I had just dug up and counted my other treasure loot, and buried them along with my new treasure pouch (filled with my beloved grandothers jewelry) under a moss covered log. I got off my knees and turned a little sideways to see a mountain lion as big as our neighbors oval washtub, staring me full in the face. It was several trees over, but on the ground and out in the open. The cat wasn't moving and neither was I. Frozen, my heart was racing, but I couldn't move. It seemed like an eternity, before the cat turned its gaze from me and slowly crept down the slope.

Nice childhood story Cate.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby PharmGirl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:39 pm

My grandmother tells stories of seeing a big black cat in the mountains up Smith.
PharmGirl

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:42 pm

PharmGirl wrote:My grandmother tells stories of seeing a big black cat in the mountains up Smith.

Your grandma was a drunk...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Pappy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:46 pm

PharmGirl wrote:My grandmother tells stories of seeing a big black cat in the mountains up Smith.

Georgetown had a lot of black Cats
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Pappy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:

Your grandma was a drunk...

She also thought a Horse Turd was a Walnut until she cracked it and a Grub Worm jumped out on her.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Previous

Return to The Outdoors Forum