Shooting Range Ideas

Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, survival preparedness, firearms and ammunition.

Re: Shooting Range Ideas

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:06 am

thelocalspectator wrote:So is the shooting range still open up cloverlick? I recently went to a indoor shooting range in tn it was awesome. I would love to put something like that in here in harlan county if I could come up with the funding.

Take the idea to the Fiscal Court. They give out money like Ben Bernanke.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 am

We don't need a shooting range, that's what road signs are for...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Bushwhacker » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:36 am

I don't know about getting fiscal court involved, they would want to run things. I like the range just the way it is. IF they do get involved, they don't need to be involved in the everyday running of the facility. I have a friend I was telling about our range at Clover Lick and he said that the range that he used to go to was like ours. Then county govnt. got involved and they put so many rules in place that almost everyone had quit going there.
Bushwhacker

Postby thelocalspectator » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Bushwhacker wrote:I don't know about getting fiscal court involved, they would want to run things. I like the range just the way it is. IF they do get involved, they don't need to be involved in the everyday running of the facility. I have a friend I was telling about our range at Clover Lick and he said that the range that he used to go to was like ours. Then county govnt. got involved and they put so many rules in place that almost everyone had quit going there.

How do i get in contact with someone about joining or paying the membership for the range at cloverlick? and how much is it?
thelocalspectator

Postby retiredat63 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Range Dues are $60.00 per year. The range is open to members and their guests. It's a nice , clean place. Contact me at 606-545-3122 for information. The name of the gentleman who is at present the overseer of the range is Mr. Davidson. Call and leave a message, and we will return your call. Thanks
retiredat63

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Are there any targets on Yolanda's house..?
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Pappy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Joe Average Whiteguy wrote:Are there any targets on Yolanda's house..?

We could use Yolanda as a moving target when she heads for the outhouse.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Just don't shoot cans at the range or Capo will go the F off.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Bushwhacker » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:35 am

Its a great range with plenty of targets on the upper pistol course. There are places to put your targets on, you will need a staple gun or tacks. They ask that you take your old targets down and put them in trash containers and a can or white paint to repaint the metal targets that you shoot.
Bushwhacker

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Bushwhacker wrote:Its a great range with plenty of targets on the upper pistol course. There are places to put your targets on, you will need a staple gun or tacks. They ask that you take your old targets down and put them in trash containers and a can or white paint to repaint the metal targets that you shoot.

Don't know about shooting them metal targets;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcJ7w_pXH58
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Pappy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Joe Average Whiteguy wrote:
Bushwhacker wrote:Its a great range with plenty of targets on the upper pistol course. There are places to put your targets on, you will need a staple gun or tacks. They ask that you take your old targets down and put them in trash containers and a can or white paint to repaint the metal targets that you shoot.

Target shot back
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Capo wrote:
Joe Average Whiteguy wrote:

Target shot back

Damn sure looks that way...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Previous

Return to The Outdoors Forum