Cumberland Council Meeting Thread

For discussion relating to the cities of Cumberland, Benham, and Lynch.

Re: Cumberland Council Meeting Thread

Postby Pappy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Gunslinger wrote:The city was in good hands with Carl Hatfield. Look at it now. Elliott jumped from the sinking ship.

That Ship sunk when Carl left.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:42 am

CARL HATFIELD wrote:It is odd, the council knowing David Dixon is the most qualified person to serve as mayor, and the fact that they appointed him to chair the first meeting conducted, appoint someone less qualified to replace the resigning mayor.

Yes, it is odd but not unexpected. :!: :?: :?: :?:

It was a slick trick they pulled on Dixon. He thought by having him chair the meeting he was a shoe in.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Legion » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:17 pm

I'm surprised they didn't beg you back Carl. That's normally the case and when he gets them lined out they want him gone.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Pappy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Legion wrote:I'm surprised they didn't beg you back Carl. That's normally the case and when he gets them lined out they want him gone.

Carl kicked to much Ass for them to beg him back.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby CARL HATFIELD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:48 pm

The office of mayor and all council seats will be open for election in November. Candidates must file in August to be a candidate in November. I would like to finish some of the projects that we began. But about four or five better qualified people would have to be elected take the mayor's job and some of the council seats.
CARL HATFIELD
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby CARL HATFIELD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Pappy wrote:
Legion wrote:I'm surprised they didn't beg you back Carl. That's normally the case and when he gets them lined out they want him gone.

Carl kicked to much Ass for them to beg him back.

Leaving at the time I did was my decision based upon my health and required medical treatments.
CARL HATFIELD
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Cumberland is in need of a grassroots effort to elect a council that represents the people. I'm ready to support new candidates.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Jacqueline » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:08 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Cumberland is in need of a grassroots effort to elect a council that represents the people. I'm ready to support new candidates.

I agree with you 100% but the problem is there is no one that will run that would actually work for the city. I think, with Carl's health it would be too much of a burden for him now. Years ago business men would run and they did care about the city. Still didn't get along but they did care. Some say they care now but I don't believe they do or they wouldn't put up all the fuss they do and try to block everything that is recommended. No names mentioned but I have heard the council people of the two other cities talk about one councilmen that when they'd have joint meetings he/she tried to run the meeting, even when fiscal court was trying to present something. I have no idea what they expect to accomplish as long as they have all those on there that whine all the time. I do believe that Cumberland is no longer a sinking ship I believe it has sunk.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:14 am

I believe your right!
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CARL HATFIELD » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 am

Jacqueline wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Cumberland is in need of a grassroots effort to elect a council that represents the people. I'm ready to support new candidates.

I agree with you 100% but the problem is there is no one that will run that would actually work for the city. I think, with Carl's health it would be too much of a burden for him now. Years ago business men would run and they did care about the city. Still didn't get along but they did care. Some say they care now but I don't believe they do or they wouldn't put up all the fuss they do and try to block everything that is recommended. No names mentioned but I have heard the council people of the two other cities talk about one councilmen that when they'd have joint meetings he/she tried to run the meeting, even when fiscal court was trying to present something. I have no idea what they expect to accomplish as long as they have all those on there that whine all the time. I do believe that Cumberland is no longer a sinking ship I believe it has sunk.

Both of you have hit the nail on the head. Cumberland has much to offer, if it can be repaired. Repairs can only come about if sincere citizens are willing to put in the time and effort and begin from scratch to develop working programs which control income, personnel and equipment. Stop saying "I" and say "we" can save our ship.
CARL HATFIELD
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:06 pm

CARL HATFIELD wrote:
Jacqueline wrote:

Both of you have hit the nail on the head. Cumberland has much to offer, if it can be repaired. Repairs can only come about if sincere citizens are willing to put in the time and effort and begin from scratch to develop working programs which control income, personnel and equipment. Stop saying "I" and say "we" can save our ship.

Sarge, the visionary leadership you offered the citizens of Cumberland is a rare commodity. The Carl Hatfield's of the world aren't born everyday.

I'll be plain. If the good citizens of Cumberland fail to put together a slate that holds the single vision of healing and advancing Cumberland that includes sacrifice, and a willingness to clean house of those that do not share the vision, Cumberland has no place to go but down.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:02 pm

The only time that city has been ran above reproach was when Mr. Hatfield was mayor.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby VoteMout » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:33 am

Gopher wrote:The only time that city has been ran above reproach was when Mr. Hatfield was mayor.

Now "the shitters full." Cousin Eddie
VoteMout

Postby gonegone » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:25 am

Who would want to be Mayor of Cumberland, its quickly becoming the drug and crime spot of the county. Those guys that parked their trucks over at the old high school and got vandalized, you will never hear anything else about it. They should just dissolve the city like Wallins Creek did. The people in Cumberland don't get any services for their tax dollars, so why have a city.
gonegone

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:45 pm

gonegone wrote:Who would want to be Mayor of Cumberland, its quickly becoming the drug and crime spot of the county. Those guys that parked their trucks over at the old high school and got vandalized, you will never hear anything else about it. They should just dissolve the city like Wallins Creek did. The people in Cumberland don't get any services for their tax dollars, so why have a city.

Let's let them finish it off. Just a matter of time.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to The Tri-Cities Forum