Cumberland Council Meeting Thread

For discussion relating to the cities of Cumberland, Benham, and Lynch.

Re: Cumberland Council Meeting Thread

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:26 pm

I know none of these people lol.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby goat47 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:13 pm

I believe Cate's related to the Mayor lol.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:56 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Pappy wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:Poor old David Dixon. Always a bridesmaid never a bride.

David still the spokesman for the Council? Hes the only one who can read.

They had him chair the meeting which I believe made him think he was going to be nominated. Plus he voted last, so he had no choice but to agree lol.

Yolanda will get her dispatch job back I bet.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby gonegone » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Will he fire the clerks?

Cant fire all the clerks , one is the SHERIFF"S wife.
gonegone

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:58 pm

goat47 wrote:I believe Cate's related to the Mayor lol.

I'm probably related to all of 'em goat. Dang man! We're all a bunch of inbreds.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:43 am

I always loved this topic so much. I suppose I need to stay on top of Cumberland's dealings.

Highlights from the meeting: Cumberland received two new to me police cars, which means used.

Dixon asked City Attorney Karen Davenport if she had any information on whether property owned by the city could be put up for bid as surplus, specifically a section of property behind the Cumberland City Hall. Davenport replied it is permissible to surplus the property.

“As long as it’s legal, I make a motion we surplus that property,” council member Charles Raleigh said.

The motion passed with no opposition.

I find this interesting. Wonder who's approached them wanting to purchase it? That's the real question.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:29 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I always loved this topic so much. I suppose I need to stay on top of Cumberland's dealings.

Highlights from the meeting: Cumberland received two new to me police cars, which means used.

Dixon asked City Attorney Karen Davenport if she had any information on whether property owned by the city could be put up for bid as surplus, specifically a section of property behind the Cumberland City Hall. Davenport replied it is permissible to surplus the property.

“As long as it’s legal, I make a motion we surplus that property,” council member Charles Raleigh said.

I find this interesting. Wonder who's approached them wanting to purchase it? That's the real question.

OhhhhhhhIC It's those kind of people.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Pappy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:47 pm

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I always loved this topic so much. I suppose I need to stay on top of Cumberland's dealings.

OhhhhhhhIC It's those kind of people.

Sir Charles is in position to do as he pleases now,like buy any excess Scumberland has to offer.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Jacqueline » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:43 pm

I am not saying this to hurt anyone's feelings but I don't know of any property behind the city hall that anyone would want, unless it be for parking for the library. They could use it for parking for City Hall, too.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Jacqueline wrote:

I am not saying this to hurt anyone's feelings but I don't know of any property behind the city hall that anyone would want, unless it be for parking for the library. They could use it for parking for City Hall, too.

It could be used by Sir Charles to sell Cumberland stuff that's outdated which is all of it,or he could use it for Wheel Barrow parking for his construction business.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby CARL HATFIELD » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:28 am

It is odd, the council knowing David Dixon is the most qualified person to serve as mayor, and the fact that they appointed him to chair the first meeting conducted, appoint someone less qualified to replace the resigning mayor.

Yes, it is odd but not unexpected. :!: :?: :?: :?:
CARL HATFIELD
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:02 am

CARL HATFIELD wrote:It is odd, the council knowing David Dixon is the most qualified person to serve as mayor, and the fact that they appointed him to chair the first meeting conducted, appoint someone less qualified to replace the resigning mayor.

Good to hear from ya Carl!!!! I thought the exact same thing.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Legion » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:15 am

CARL HATFIELD wrote:It is odd, the council knowing David Dixon is the most qualified person to serve as mayor, and the fact that they appointed him to chair the first meeting conducted, appoint someone less qualified to replace the resigning mayor.

Good to see ya posting Sarge!
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby CARL HATFIELD » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:38 pm

I have had some medical problems and slow recuperating. Thank you for the nice reception back.
CARL HATFIELD
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:03 pm

The city was in good hands with Carl Hatfield. Look at it now. Elliott jumped from the sinking ship.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

PreviousNext

Return to The Tri-Cities Forum